PDA

View Full Version : Episode 90 Discussion: Parallel plots

KingJinzo
25th January 2016, 12:38 AM
This episode we have the "people around Serena" plot and "the underground facility featuring Yuzu" plot. Two off-screen victories, confusing time placements, no new monsters, Odd-Eyes Rebellion first turn set-up (let's see if Yuya doesn't forget he can summon it this turn), and lots of punches (and kicks) plus ninja tricks. Seriously, the big buff guys must be really weak. Not only they were one-shotted by 800 ATK monsters in a previous episode, this time Kurosaki just needs to hit them once. We got more physical violence than dueling this episode (is this episode 39.2?). No special spoilers this episode. Next episode will be more intense.

Btw, Kurosaki just spawned another new meme again:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/56968a122fcf48d82e529d146d887a70/tumblr_o1gw95DBR81tzy27bo1_1280.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/b13a909230be8f0d652cd879a5cc447e/tumblr_o1gctoXGkU1uqlakko1_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/44c413d3ed4bc3709f974699fac8d3b0/tumblr_o1gal9UXlb1qm5qtbo1_1280.jpg

yshipster
25th January 2016, 05:42 AM
Well, back to the bad animations, I guess.

Anyways, Metal Gear Shun returns and gives us finally an appropriate attack name for Blaze Falcon: Thunderclap Raptor's Break. Too bad it's a bit late for it now.
Also Yuya appereantly summoned Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon and Lightning Paladin in his only off-screen duel. Good job writers for hiding Yuyas bricked deck.
Oh and Shinji seems to be useful at last...
The preview for next week gave us actually more spoilers than this entire episode, so now I'm hyped for next week... Yay...

iNfiniTe Se7eNz
25th January 2016, 09:26 AM
Btw, Kurosaki just spawned another new meme again:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/56968a122fcf48d82e529d146d887a70/tumblr_o1gw95DBR81tzy27bo1_1280.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/b13a909230be8f0d652cd879a5cc447e/tumblr_o1gctoXGkU1uqlakko1_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/44c413d3ed4bc3709f974699fac8d3b0/tumblr_o1gal9UXlb1qm5qtbo1_1280.jpg

I haven't yet seen the episode, so I have no idea the context behind this, but this is amazing.

King
25th January 2016, 02:42 PM
Cant wait to hear Shun's Mixtape

ChaseLumsden
25th January 2016, 06:13 PM
This episode in short:
-Yuya best dek 10/10. If it can Summon Enlightenment Paladin, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, and Dark Rebellion Dragon, then proceed to dunk on 3 Obelisk Force members, then it's clearly better than Mizar's "Screw You, my Neo Tachyon Dragon is the best card in the series" shenanigans.

-This episode is dark as hell. Riera is having a panic attack, and not even Yuya's hugs can help the kid. I feel bad now. Not even Smile World can help!

-Barrett is a bad character. Not as in a villain, but just..bad. We need more backstory on this guy pronto. Also, his deck is crap, and the whole "Crests" BS I saw on the Wikia is just sad, as it's just two new cards that...yeah, what are they? More support for a cool concept that really has the lackluster to shine. Of course Yuya will lose the Duel in the next episode, as plot armor is omitted from main protag.

-Shun Kurosaki 2: Raptor's Blazing Boogaloo.

Well, now we wait for the infamous encounter with Yuya, Yuri, and Yugo next episode. The hype is real, especially since Yuri and Yugo Duel next to Barrett and Yuya, and with all four of the Dimension Dragons on the field, S*it is going to get extremely real. Also, I wonder what Sora has to say next episode. Let's hope he's going to play the role of an actual good guy and not steal away Selena like he said he would.

LolsterXD97
26th January 2016, 01:06 AM
Basically:

Yuya got an Off Screen Moment of Awesome bringing out the Odd-Eyes, Dark Rebellion and Enlightenment Paladin at once (I'm still waiting my Performapal Tuner and Starve Venom to start building EM.dek for the first time Konami!).

Reira still brings me down to tears (in reality no, but its still very sad seeing him that way, making you wonder by how much he has passed for and being reminded of it by just seeing 3 persons walking towards him, if you don't want to hug the kid if you were there then you don't have soul).

Underground escape was AWESOME (and Shinji wasn't an asshole this episode).

Barret suddenly turned into a psycho by the end of the episode (also, the "Crest" stuff was VERY overhyped when the cards are just trash, unless Crimson Chain has another better effect).

Shit will be getting real next episode, Yuri talking with Yuya for the first time and dueling with Yugo in front of him ensures him going batshit crazy because Dragons.

King
26th January 2016, 01:56 AM
At the End of the Episode, why Yuya is chained ?

LolsterXD97
26th January 2016, 02:36 AM
At the End of the Episode, why Yuya is chained ? Maybe Crimson Chain has another effect.

King
26th January 2016, 02:46 AM
Maybe Crimson Chain has another effect.

Assuming if he loses he will get carded, so it might be Crimson Chain

Sanokal
26th January 2016, 07:40 PM
Blimey, this episode was grating to watch. It wasn't bad - this was a good episode, but there was just so much going on and the certain actions of two characters that had me too worried to enjoy it fully.

Thankfully both of them ended up being sensible. Yuya was trying to win the duel right away, and he wouldn't have been able to by summoning Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, something that I eventually realized. That's excellent work from the writers that I haven't seen since Yusei's duel with Primo. On that note, Yuya being in his Turbo Dueling outfit meant for some interesting contrast now that he's ground dueling again, and there's some beautiful poses of awesomeness. Yuya's curbstomping of the Obelisk Force was also pretty damn cool too; Pendulum, Syncho, and Xyz vs. Fusion.

The other character whose actions I disliked was Zuzu's, but again, thankfully Gong found her and talked some sense into her. And then that freaking mob separated them...it's a good thing that she isn't in any danger from Duel Academy, it had better be Security who captures her; at least they won't ship her off to another dimension.

Everyone pulls their weight in this episode. Even drugged, Celina still continues to shine with her defiance, Shay ups the badass level, Sylvio provides some humour without being too much of a jackass, Crow is pretty much part of the Lancers by now, Shinji leads a badass rebellion, and the reunion between Tokumatsu and his underlings (Hah! I knew those two were faking being against him!) is so heartwarming. Even Barrett surprises us with a new series of trap cards and reveals that he's actually somewhat psychotic as well.

Jeez, I don't know what's going to be happening now. Hopefully Yuya will pull Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon out next episode, and if he doesn't, there'd better be a good reason.

ChaseLumsden
26th January 2016, 09:53 PM
Blimey, this episode was grating to watch. It wasn't bad - this was a good episode, but there was just so much going on and the certain actions of two characters that had me too worried to enjoy it fully.

Thankfully both of them ended up being sensible. Yuya was trying to win the duel right away, and he wouldn't have been able to by summoning Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, something that I eventually realized. That's excellent work from the writers that I haven't seen since Yusei's duel with Primo. On that note, Yuya being in his Turbo Dueling outfit meant for some interesting contrast now that he's ground dueling again, and there's some beautiful poses of awesomeness. Yuya's curbstomping of the Obelisk Force was also pretty damn cool too; Pendulum, Syncho, and Xyz vs. Fusion.

The other character whose actions I disliked was Zuzu's, but again, thankfully Gong found her and talked some sense into her. And then that freaking mob separated them...it's a good thing that she isn't in any danger from Duel Academy, it had better be Security who captures her; at least they won't ship her off to another dimension.

Everyone pulls their weight in this episode. Even drugged, Celina still continues to shine with her defiance, Shay ups the badass level, Sylvio provides some humour without being too much of a jackass, Crow is pretty much part of the Lancers by now, Shinji leads a badass rebellion, and the reunion between Tokumatsu and his underlings (Hah! I knew those two were faking being against him!) is so heartwarming. Even Barrett surprises us with a new series of trap cards and reveals that he's actually somewhat psychotic as well.

Jeez, I don't know what's going to be happening now. Hopefully Yuya will pull Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon out next episode, and if he doesn't, there'd better be a good reason.

I don't think Yuya will be summoning out Odd-Eyes Rebellion the next episode, only because episode 92 states that all four of the Dragons will be on field that episode. Maybe the next episode is a talk-more, less Duel episode, as Yugo and Yuri meet and begin their Duel, Sora shows up, Barrett is acting like a maniac, and Yuya is going to enter Berserk Mode next episode, but who knows?

Sanokal
26th January 2016, 10:00 PM
It's also possible that Barrett can stop Yuya from bringing out Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon...but regardless, it wouldn't win Yuya the duel. Even taking into account the higher damage, and Barrett possibly being stupid enough to revive his Fusion Materials in attack mode, it still won't wipe him out. Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes in combination is probably his best bet for winning out of sheer damage, and probably Smile World to help since I have a feeling that Barrett may block the first use of Dark Rebellion.
Also, spoilers episode 92! I don't read the summaries. Though to be fair the other two being summoned was kind of a given.

Michelle
27th January 2016, 12:33 AM
Wait did he actually took out a boombox?

Is Kurosaki Julian Casablancas or something?

Sanokal
27th January 2016, 02:23 AM
Wait did he actually took out a boombox?

Is Kurosaki Julian Casablancas or something?

He just happened to be moving a broken one, yes.

ChaseLumsden
27th January 2016, 06:16 AM
It's also possible that Barrett can stop Yuya from bringing out Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon...but regardless, it wouldn't win Yuya the duel. Even taking into account the higher damage, and Barrett possibly being stupid enough to revive his Fusion Materials in attack mode, it still won't wipe him out. Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes in combination is probably his best bet for winning out of sheer damage, and probably Smile World to help since I have a feeling that Barrett may block the first use of Dark Rebellion.
Also, spoilers episode 92! I don't read the summaries. Though to be fair the other two being summoned was kind of a given.

Oops. Well, yeah, that's gonna happen. Sorry about that..
But as for the potential combo mentioned, sure that could happen...Well, who knows?

The mokey
27th January 2016, 02:37 PM

Panther predator only floats in battle and the medals only actvate once, so unless barret has a handtrap yuya would win if he brought out OERD

Sanokal
28th January 2016, 01:27 AM
Ah. Well, we don't know the full effect of "Crimson Chain" yet, though I suspect it has something to do with what's chaining Yuya next ep rather than negating the effect of Dark Rebellion (then again, I could be wrong and that's just the effect of Iron Chain). He didn't have any cards in his hand though.

KingKaash
28th January 2016, 04:54 AM
Does it bug anybody that next episode will have Yuya vs Barrett dueling and Yugo vs Yuri going on right next to them in the same area? And possibly Sora & Reira vs Obelisk Force? I guess it's just a matter of space because characters have dueled at the same time countless times. I still find it weird though. Like if it was a tag duel then that would make a lot more sense. But I don't want to see Yuri's first duel be a freaking tag duel with Barrett.

kuchiki
28th January 2016, 06:46 AM
Looks like next episode Yuya might win against Barret so by that time Yuri will show up and do some fancy magic card spell which ties Yuya up like shown in the preview for episode 91? Unless Yuya loses which is the reason he is tied up but I doubt that. I'm hoping the duel ends and we can finally see Yuri vs Yugo as much hyped as I want to see the duel between them.

Sanokal
28th January 2016, 09:11 AM
Looks like next episode Yuya might win against Barret so by that time Yuri will show up and do some fancy magic card spell which ties Yuya up like shown in the preview for episode 91? Unless Yuya loses which is the reason he is tied up but I doubt that. I'm hoping the duel ends and we can finally see Yuri vs Yugo as much hyped as I want to see the duel between them.

The chains are probably Barrett's trap cards.

KingKaash
28th January 2016, 10:10 PM

Well if Yuya's duel with Barrett ends before Yuri and Yugo go at it (whether it's a win or loss) then how will all 4 Dimension Dragons appear at the same time like the preview says? Based on the preview it seems like they will duel at the same time which again bugs me.

Sanokal
28th January 2016, 11:43 PM
Well if Yuya's duel with Barrett ends before Yuri and Yugo go at it (whether it's a win or loss) then how will all 4 Dimension Dragons appear at the same time like the preview says? Based on the preview it seems like they will duel at the same time which again bugs me.

Given the timing of the duels and all the stuff going on I'd say that Yuri and Yugo will only show up near the end of the episode.

KingKaash
29th January 2016, 12:55 AM
Given the timing of the duels and all the stuff going on I'd say that Yuri and Yugo will only show up near the end of the episode.

From a timing perspective, yes that makes sense and I hope it happens and you are all right. So maybe the summary that says the 4 Dimension Dragons will be together means that they're all just in the same area

duelchaser227
30th January 2016, 03:32 AM
My favorite part of the episode was when Yuya got hit with the effect damage

Compare a warrior trained for battle:
http://i.imgur.com/E3i7dmA.jpg

With Yuya:
http://i.imgur.com/tygxDVP.jpg