PDA

View Full Version : Gospel Of Revival

Archsorcerer
25th January 2016, 06:53 AM
Gospel of Revival - Normal Spell Card from the upcoming SD "Revival of the Great Divine Dragon"

Target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. If a Dragon-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card instead.

Aside from being key to the new Felgrand and Arkbrave dragons, there are other decks that can use this.

Returning the popular level 7/8 synchro dragons to the field with added protection leads to more reliable higher level synchro summons of the Red Archfiend and Startdust/Quasar lines. Blue-Eyes will no doubt use it in some form.

I look forward to it being used in Odd-Eyes Vortex decks.

Amy Liad
25th January 2016, 07:54 PM
I look forward to it completely replacing Silver's Cry.

I welcome back our dragon overlords.

Michelle
25th January 2016, 09:32 PM
I for one do not like how it completely invalidates Silver's Cry.

I do however, do not like how that in itself ammounts to nothing since both are already watered down versions of Monster Reborn.

Nothing is sacred, not even Themed decks with self-insert apologist cults and crusades that praise ''Sacred Dragon of _____'', Lore is a wonderful thing.

Jolan
25th January 2016, 10:05 PM
I would probably play this in my Red Dragon Archfiend deck if I had found a stable engine that can crank it out fast. Until then, support cards are dead draws.

LolsterXD97
25th January 2016, 10:16 PM
Used this in Synchro Decks like Speedroids and Resonators which had cool dragons like Crystal Wing as bosses, but most of the times it was dead in hand (1 time it was 3 copies of it in hand) or a dead draw, so I decided to drop it. Its still an anti-nuke weapon.

Archsorcerer
25th January 2016, 11:58 PM

I do however, do not like how that in itself ammounts to nothing since both are already watered down versions of Monster Reborn.

Nothing is sacred, not even Themed decks with self-insert apologist cults and crusades that praise ''Sacred Dragon of _____'', Lore is a wonderful thing.

Well, Silver is a quick play that focuses on normal monsters. It's central to Blue-Eyes aggressiveness.

Few other decks can use it considering the focus on extra deck summons is central to most decks.

Voltanis The Adjudicator
31st January 2016, 07:14 PM

It doesn't completely invalidate Silver's Cry. Labradorite Dragon can't be summoned by Gospel Of Revival but can be by Silver's Cry. And that L6 normal tuner is such a fun card...

R3QU13M
31st January 2016, 09:05 PM
Gospel of Revival, by default has secured itself within the Dragons' toolbox for its capabilities alone. Same for Silver Cry's flexibility too. The end user will decide what to use with them.

I myself, like what Gospel of Revival can be used as:

-Discard fodder for Melody of the Awakening Dragons or etc.

-Becomes Lightsworn variants Void Seer, without having to worry about it being milled
(Kuribandit abuse sums this up when paired with Soul Charge)

-Immediate protection once you use it against cards like Bottomless Trap Hole and Torrential Tribute