PDA

View Full Version : Next after Cxulub?

SynjoDeonecros
29th January 2016, 01:53 AM
So, it seems like a safe bet that, next set, we'll get a pendulum monster based on the Sky-State of Cxulub, mentioned in Sky Dragoons of Draconia. It's likely going to follow the other two Draconia enemies as being a level 4 Dinosaur, maybe Earth (but maybe Wind, who knows?), with an effect that gets nerfed when going up against a Pendulum monster. Speculation on what this will be is of course welcome, but what next after that? Will Konami just drop the Draconia archetype altogether? Will we get more Normal Pendulum support? Will we get more Pendulum support at all? What do you guys think?

Baroque
29th January 2016, 10:57 PM
So, it seems like a safe bet that, next set, we'll get a pendulum monster based on the Sky-State of Cxulub, mentioned in Sky Dragoons of Draconia. It's likely going to follow the other two Draconia enemies as being a level 4 Dinosaur, maybe Earth (but maybe Wind, who knows?), with an effect that gets nerfed when going up against a Pendulum monster. Speculation on what this will be is of course welcome, but what next after that? Will Konami just drop the Draconia archetype altogether? Will we get more Normal Pendulum support? Will we get more Pendulum support at all? What do you guys think?

To be fair, on the note of Cxulub, there's at least a chance it won't have an effect that's 'nerfed when going up against a Pendulum monster'; the only one that had that outright was Dinon -- Reptier just had an anti-non-Pendulum effect. That Cxulub will be better-suited to facing non-Pendulums there's a high chance of, but I'd say it's a 50-50 chance right now of it being good VS non-Pendulums (like Reptier) rather than negative VS Pendulum (like Dinon).

As for what comes after that, I'm tempted to guess at Effect Pendulum Monsters, as a sort of reversal of the trend that was started early on (of Normal Pendulums, which transitioned to Dragoons of Draconia, which then transitioned into everyone-that-has-a-beef-with-Draconia) -- the 'everyone-that-has-a-beef-with-Draconia' mons are all Effect Monsters, so it'd make some sense if that's what would be coming next (generic Effect Pendulums).

SynjoDeonecros
30th January 2016, 06:11 PM
Hmm, I hope so; while 3 effect Pendulum Dinos would be good for a Pendulum Dino Evolzar deck, another anti-non-pendulum effect would be better than a detrimental effect when going against pendulums.

SynjoDeonecros
19th February 2016, 09:36 PM
I'm hoping Cxulub, if they do make it, is another Earth Level 4 Dino; it would make sense, given the other cards (even though it doesn't make sense, in context to it being a Sky-State), and it would make combos with them and Painful Escape.