PDA

View Full Version : Tributing a Monster Unaffected by Card Effects

Jolan
30th January 2016, 06:13 AM
Pretty much what the title says.
Can I tribute Towers/Magnus to summon a Kaiju to the opponent's side of the field?
If Monarchs Stormforth resolves successfully, can I tribute an opponent's Towers/Magnus?
Same question if facing a Dark Magician when the player has Eternal Soul out on the field.

It's become a ruling question my local people aren't sure about. Since Monarchs came out just now, I'd really want to know.

Hope in the Interstice
30th January 2016, 06:22 AM
Pretty much what the title says.
Can I tribute Towers/Magnus to summon a Kaiju to the opponent's side of the field?
Yes you can. Kaiju, Lava Golem, and the like are summoning conditions; they are not effects to repel.

If Monarchs Stormforth resolves successfully, can I tribute an opponent's Towers/Magnus?
Same question if facing a Dark Magician when the player has Eternal Soul out on the field.
No you may not. Monarchs Stormforth is a card effect that lets you tribute your opponent's monsters; Apoqliphort Towers and Lord Magnus are unaffected by card effects, meaning they are unaffected by Stormforth, meaning they cannot be tributed in such cases.

Jolan
30th January 2016, 07:01 AM
So in a way, Stormforth is basically a continuous spell that lets me tribute enemy monsters over mine, which lasts until the end of turn?
And not, say, a condition that affects the players?

Hope in the Interstice
30th January 2016, 07:07 AM
So in a way, Stormforth is basically a continuous spell that lets me tribute enemy monsters over mine, which lasts until the end of turn?
And not, say, a condition that affects the players?
More accurately, it's a lingering effect. Otherwise, yes.

KingKaash
30th January 2016, 08:53 PM
Just want to make sure this applies on Majespecters as well? Like if I wanted to tribute 2 Majespecter monsters to summon Lava Golem to my opponents side of the field, can I?

King
30th January 2016, 09:31 PM
Just want to make sure this applies on Majespecters as well? Like if I wanted to tribute 2 Majespecter monsters to summon Lava Golem to my opponents side of the field, can I?

Of course you can, you can Summon Lava Golem, you can also apply this to Apoqliphort Killer and Great Magnas.

Hope in the Interstice
30th January 2016, 11:18 PM
Indeed; Majespecters are only protected from targeting and destruction. Kaiju and Monarchs Stormforth do neither.

Dread Kaiser
31st January 2016, 01:28 AM
Indeed; Majespecters are only protected from targeting and destruction. Kaiju and Monarchs Stormforth do neither.
Think he meant because they were pendulums, in which case as long as they do not need to end up in the grave you can