PDA

View Full Version : Kozmo vs Destiny HERO - Plasma

Jakinus
30th January 2016, 04:57 PM
If I have a Destiny HERO - Plasma face-up on the field, my opponent can use the effect of Kozmo monsters like Farm Girl "During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or higher "Kozmo" monster from your hand."?

I know that there are various posts on the net about "Kozmo vs Skill Drain" but I'm asking this question because Skill Drain says "The effects of all face-up monsters on the field are negated while those monsters are face-up on the field", but Plasma only says "Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls." and I don't know if that affects how Plasma works in comparison with Skill Drain.

P.D.: I have been using the "Kozmo vs Skill Drain" ruling whenever I faced a Kozmo player, but one pointed out that difference in the text and I didn't know how to answer.

Dread Kaiser
30th January 2016, 06:57 PM
If I have a Destiny HERO - Plasma face-up on the field, my opponent can use the effect of Kozmo monsters like Farm Girl "During either player's turn: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or higher "Kozmo" monster from your hand."?

I know that there are various posts on the net about "Kozmo vs Skill Drain" but I'm asking this question because Skill Drain says "The effects of all face-up monsters on the field are negated while those monsters are face-up on the field", but Plasma only says "Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls." and I don't know if that affects how Plasma works in comparison with Skill Drain.

P.D.: I have been using the "Kozmo vs Skill Drain" ruling whenever I faced a Kozmo player, but one pointed out that difference in the text and I didn't know how to answer.

Plasma works EXACTLY like skill drain, the text difference means it only negates opponent's monsters instead of the whole field, ("X controls" implies it is on the field)