Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I want more Kuribohs! This one needs to link the others
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuriboh can't be a theme for several reasons, unless they go out of their way to specify assorted types and attributes.

Kuri includes karakuri, Kurib doesn't include kurivolt, etc.

Even if Kurivolt wasn't a thing, kuribbon also ruins kuribo of being a theme name.

Basically they've got some gymnastics to do. It might just be level 1 LIGHT Fairy or Level 1 DARK Fiend support.

Though in more likelihood, it's probably just a better version of Kuriboh. Discard it and fill your field with tokens methinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenen View Post
    Kuriboh can't be a theme for several reasons, unless they go out of their way to specify assorted types and attributes.

Even if Kurivolt wasn't a thing, kuribbon also ruins kuribo of being a theme name.

Basically they've got some gymnastics to do. It might just be level 1 LIGHT Fairy or Level 1 DARK Fiend support.

Though in more likelihood, it's probably just a better version of Kuriboh. Discard it and fill your field with tokens methinks.
    Since it's spelt "Kuribon", it's not an issue, but Kuriphoton is.

Level 1 doesn't work because there's Kuribandit (which, alongside Kuriphoton, as well as some unreleased anime cards, fucks up the kana for naming the archetype anything beyond "Kuri") and the Winged Kuriboh LV9/10. Kurivolt is also Thunder-type.

And then the Jewbots are technically Kuris, too...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenen View Post

A LIGHT or DARK "Kuri" monster, perhaps? I'd check further on how to 'nicely' exclude the odd ducks, but unfortunately DN's down ATM.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleariboh?

Blankuriboh?

Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    A LIGHT or DARK "Kuri" monster, perhaps? I'd check further on how to 'nicely' exclude the odd ducks, but unfortunately DN's down ATM.
    [Insert Archetype text retcon]
    This card is always treated as a "Kuriboh" monster.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 2nd February 2016 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Cleariboh?

Blankuriboh?

[Insert Archetype text retcon]
    This card is always treated as a "Kuriboh" monster.
    Now that I can finally check it, the only outlier that "a LIGHT or DARK "Kuri" monster" fails to exclude is Bickuribox, and that means all that's left to do is to just include an 'except "Bickuribox"' given how he doesn't have 'Kuri' in his OCG name.

If the beastie fetches from Deck or whatever, no need to worry about shenanigans turning Karakuris into LIGHT or DARK monsters, and it's much less effort than retconning 'Kurivolt' into being treated as a 'Kurib' monster or something like that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically, Constellars (セイクリッド) are all "Kuri" monsters.

And there is also the Creator (ザ・クリエイター), Archlord Kristya (大天使 クリスティア), and Legendary Knight Critias (伝説の騎士 クリティウス).
    Last edited by Ziz; 2nd February 2016 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziz View Post
    Technically, Constellars (セイクリッド) are all "Kuri" monsters.
    Hopefully the OCG has text that can include all of the tribbles without including the stars while still including the erstwhile relatives (Kurivolt, Kuriphoton, etc.).

Elsewise, I can only hope that either we're wrong and that it just makes either more of itself or Tokens, or that fanart of small, fuzzy Constellars quickly makes the rounds should the text I used prove accurate (I doubt it will be, though).

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Hopefully the OCG has text that can include all of the tribbles without including the stars while still including the erstwhile relatives (Kurivolt, Kuriphoton, etc.).

Elsewise, I can only hope that either we're wrong and that it just makes either more of itself or Tokens, or that fanart of small, fuzzy Constellars quickly makes the rounds should the text I used prove accurate (I doubt it will be, though).
    Or we can just drop the business altogether because a Kuriboh archetype really isn't worth the effort.