User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Al-Lumi'Raj summoned with Wanghu out

  1. #1
    Registered User SynjoDeonecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Answered: Al-Lumi'Raj summoned with Wanghu out

    Okay. Say there is a face-up King Tiger Wanghu out, with no other cards that reduces ATK, and Al-Lumi'raj is summoned. Will Al-Lumi'raj's effect cause it to be destroyed by Wanghu's effect?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

  2. "Let's look at Command Knight:

    Quote Originally Posted by Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki
    Command Knight: If "King Tiger Wanghu" is on the field face-up, and "Command Knight" is Summoned, the effect of "Command Knight" is applied immediately because it is a Continuous Effect, so first change "Command Knight"'s ATK to 1600. After that, "King Tiger Wanghu"'s effect cannot activate because "Command Knight"'s ATK is not 1400 or lower.
    For the same reason that Command Knight is spared because of her Continuous Effect, Al-Lumi'Raj is doomed because of its own. Continuous effects, like Al-Lumi'Raj's, are applied immediately as the monster hits the field. This is the same for monsters summoned under a Field Spell or Burden of the Mighty."


  3. #2
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's look at Command Knight:

    Quote Originally Posted by Yu-Gi-Oh! wiki
    Command Knight: If "King Tiger Wanghu" is on the field face-up, and "Command Knight" is Summoned, the effect of "Command Knight" is applied immediately because it is a Continuous Effect, so first change "Command Knight"'s ATK to 1600. After that, "King Tiger Wanghu"'s effect cannot activate because "Command Knight"'s ATK is not 1400 or lower.
    For the same reason that Command Knight is spared because of her Continuous Effect, Al-Lumi'Raj is doomed because of its own. Continuous effects, like Al-Lumi'Raj's, are applied immediately as the monster hits the field. This is the same for monsters summoned under a Field Spell or Burden of the Mighty.

  4. #3
    Registered User SynjoDeonecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. So I'll have to finagle some sort of way of getting Wanghu's effect negated that turn to make sure either it (if Al-Lumi'raj is on the field) or Al-Lumi'raj (if Wanghu's on the field) don't kill themselves upon summoning. I guess it's a good thing I put in 3 By Order of the Emperor in my deck, huh?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

  5. #4
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Hmm. So I'll have to finagle some sort of way of getting Wanghu's effect negated that turn to make sure either it (if Al-Lumi'raj is on the field) or Al-Lumi'raj (if Wanghu's on the field) don't kill themselves upon summoning. I guess it's a good thing I put in 3 By Order of the Emperor in my deck, huh?
    You could always summon Lumie first.

  6. #5
    Registered User SynjoDeonecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,142
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    You could always summon Lumie first.
    But that'll kill Wanghu, since Wanghu's ATK will drop down below its own effect's threshold.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

  7. #6
    Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,994
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    But that'll kill Wanghu, since Wanghu's ATK will drop down below its own effect's threshold.
    Ah, right. That is true.

  8. #7
    Registered User Baroque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lose 1 Turn, perhaps? That could solve the problem for your turn, and also put a wrench in some of the effects that would slip past Wanghu.

    Gotta say, that's interesting to think about, though.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •