User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [OCG] Dragon Knight of Creation

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Am I missing something? The 3rd effect makes it a zombie master, which is great even without any other effects. 1800 atk is plenty to beat over things. This seems like the best new felgrand support so far. What's wrong with it?
    He's unsearchable
    He's too slow
    Some cards do his job better

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    He's unsearchable
    He's too slow
    Some cards do his job better
    I must apologize, but I find this rather funny due to remembering some previous laments (I think from someone else) that the Felgrand Warriors weren't Dragon-type, citing that they wanted to use them with some of the Dragon-type support options available to them.

Honestly, his Dragon typing combined with his level jump was probably for him to make the Ruins live; having him as a Normal Summonable option for that's probably a pretty darned nice thing, all things considered. This atop his ability to revive things like Arkbrave or Divine!Felgrand means he may well prove to be a nice addition to the deck, especially considering that he's also a reusable revival option (with a low, low cost of 'discard 1 card', AKA 'let me get this Lv7-8 Dragon out of my hand'). Honestly, that he can pitch cards when he kills things in battle is just icing on the cake, rather than the main attraction.

As for him being 'unsearchable', that's not really true; he's not easily searched, admittedly (the way a Warrior might be -- though that's not saying much considering the Limit on RotA), but there's plenty of options out there to search him.

I dunno about you, but looking at what he can offer me, I'm probably going to try running some of him when he eventually comes out later this month.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Am I missing something? The 3rd effect makes it a zombie master, which is great even without any other effects. 1800 atk is plenty to beat over things. This seems like the best new felgrand support so far. What's wrong with it?
    It does lots of things decently rather than one thing great.
    Like, the first effect is super-situational because you need both it (which can't be searched) and the Ruins plus nothing stops your opponent from just attacking over it and then ss-ing.
    The second effect is fine, but also fairly hard to pull off when it has to send the monster to the grave (no running over weak Pendulums) and there's basically no cards in the deck to boost its ATK.
    The last effect is pretty good, but Zombie Master stays on the field and doesn't have OPT. So it's basically a worse version of Gospel Of Revival, costing two cards and a normal summon and not even offering the protection bonus.
    Instead of making the deck much more consistent in one aspect, something decks full of monsters that can't be normal summoned w/o tributes need, it slightly makes a bunch of combos a little more consistent, which doesn't justify it much use. Granted, I haven't even tried playing with it yet, but just thinking about how the deck works, I can feel it won't be a great addition. I'd rather just run White Spirit Dragon, Dragon Ravine and Gospel Of Revival, all good cards, rather than this one okay card.
    @Baroque
    It's not a reusable revival option, you have to send both it and a card from your hand to the grave. So it's a 2-for-1.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 5th February 2016 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was me that made the comments about wanting to do the type based. Ive always been a fan of decks that are not orgies and YESSS!!!! I am about to go OFF with draconnection ,transmodify and some painful escape.

Also
    (3) Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; send "this card" to the Graveyard, Special Summon the target monster.

Can the dragon knight be in hand and on field to activate? I would figure they wouldn't be so loosely worded for no reason.Can someone clarify that for me?
    Last edited by tone5992; 5th February 2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: clarity

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tone5992 View Post
    It was me that made the comments about wanting to do the type based. Ive always been a fan of decks that are not orgies and YESSS!!!! I am about to go OFF with draconnection ,transmodify and some painful escape.

Also
    (3) Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; send "this card" to the Graveyard, Special Summon the target monster.

Can the dragon knight be in hand and on field to activate? I would figure they wouldn't be so loosely worded for no reason.Can someone clarify that for me?
    It has to be on the field. If you could send it from your hand, it would specifically say so.

As for the card itself, it's not bad. I correctly predicted it would have a Zombie Master-like effect so that's neat. I kind of wish it retained the level boost for your own turn, though, and that it's "kill by battle' effect was a bit better. Still, not too bad and I'll probably run it at 1-2 just to see how it works out.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    @Baroque
    It's not a reusable revival option, you have to send both it and a card from your hand to the grave. So it's a 2-for-1.
    Reusable in the sense that as a monster, you are a lot more likely to be able to keep using it than, say, Gospel of Revival.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!