User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [OCG] Primal Cry

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSteps View Post
    To put it simply, primal cry just isnt that useful outside of a Vene-Centric build. Vene herself, is very great as a standalone partner to herald and tarotrei though.

Its worth running if you only focus on 1 to 2 rituals but.

If your going to go with a ritual heavy build, go with ARA instead, which btw should not Still be at 2
    And how do you supposed to summon Vene WITHOUT HER SPECIFIC RITUAL SPELL ?

You know, Ritual Fairies aren't the only thing that can run this card. Hieratics will enjoy this card so much for a 1-card Dark Matter/Tzolkin/Bishbalkin. Why ? This card is searchable by at least 3 cards in the game: Preparation of Rites, Pre-Preparation and Manju.

Not so bad if you think about it.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenen View Post
    I actually like it for Xyz summoning.
    I thought about that, but because it only changes level until the end of the turn, you'd basically need two Venes to summon some big, say, Rank 12 monster, which would be a lot of unnecessary effort. I think they made it until end of turn with XYZ summons in mind. Of course, you can always ruin your opponents XYZ and Synchro plays, which is nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endless possibilities!

Wow maybe I can try Vene in my recyclevalkyrustilldeath.dek!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Liad View Post
    Real talk? I forgot Vene even existed.
    Everyone did.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter View Post
    Everyone did.
    I remember it existed, but I would have sworn its effect changed monster's names rather than levels, so it's still pretty new (and much more useful) to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about Vene probably because the Ritual Spell wasn't shown at the same time.

Aside from Light Ritual decks of some sort with Saffira, I am still looking to see if I can use Spiritual Whisper with whatever.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    I remember it existed, but I would have sworn its effect changed monster's names rather than levels, so it's still pretty new (and much more useful) to me.
    It was revealed around the time Fusion tag was shown.

Vene and the Ritual are a little bit stronger in the OCG thanks to the Djinn fiends. Turning those Chaos Envoys into level 8s must be really useful in a BLS deck.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like Vene's effects are a bit backwards. It makes Ritual Summoning easier, but you need to Ritual Summon it first... without anything to help you. There's also the issue that few decks will be able to fit multiple specific Rituals, so this bird'll likely be left to collect dust.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakylon View Post
    I feel like Vene's effects are a bit backwards. It makes Ritual Summoning easier, but you need to Ritual Summon it first... without anything to help you. There's also the issue that few decks will be able to fit multiple specific Rituals, so this bird'll likely be left to collect dust.
    At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that the strategy Vene presents is awesome. Problem is, it's too resource-intensive to work. I think that's a good thing, actually; if it was not only practical but normal to be able to supply Vene, I shudder to think of every other deck that could accumulate and utilise such advantage to horrifying extents. I believe Junk Doppel had a similar sort of history?
    Last edited by Hope in the Interstice; 7th February 2016 at 04:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    I thought about that, but because it only changes level until the end of the turn, you'd basically need two Venes to summon some big, say, Rank 12 monster, which would be a lot of unnecessary effort. I think they made it until end of turn with XYZ summons in mind. Of course, you can always ruin your opponents XYZ and Synchro plays, which is nice.
    Running level 12's just for this would be impractical as hell anyways.. but you wouldn't necessarily need 2 Venes if you played Galaxy Queen's Light (which would admittedly not synergise with the search engine so it'd be about as impractical). I think Joenen was rather referring to Xyzs in general, more precisely Rank 8 or something I guess.

But please keep in mind you can not! disrupt your opponent with this card because it is not a quick-effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    A bad card that can be search along Vene via Pre-Preparation of Rites and summon a monster that can make easy Xyz plays and a ritual card that is a Monster Reborn for ANY Ritual Monsters ?

It's definitely NOT a bad card.
    This thing is far from Monster Reborn or any viable card that summons from the grave though.. it's slow and very restrictive. That doesn't mean it sucks but a comparison to Monster Reborn is exaggerative.

also please keep in mind Hieratics don't need Vene to summon Tzolkin (on the plus side the ritual spell would actually summon it back). If you run a level 8 normal monster they could also make Dark Matter without it. Bishbalkin is another matter of course..

I guess the overall synergy with Hieratics is somewhat okay but the build will have to center around this card which doesn't seem worth it to me tbh.
    "Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks, not in what they say, just in what they are."