User Tag List

Thread: Damaged cards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damaged cards

Do you care about the quality of the cards you play? I know that, if you drop cards from your deck, you'd want them to be in good condition for trading and/or selling, but what about personally? For instance, I sometimes buy "damaged" cards at a lower price online to save money, even though I know it won't be able to be sold/traded, afterward, and even one little crease can keep it from being bought. So, what do you do, in this case?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends honestly. For me, if it was a high foil card that is worth something on the market that was extremely damaged, I die a little on the inside but will probably purchase said card. There's also people who play their cards without sleeves, and my soul dies a bit more on the inside when I see this.
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even like my sleeves being damaged, I shrug to think about damaged cards.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer that they don't be damaged, though I don't mind too much. Such cards either have history or were vandalized.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even when I sleeve 'em, foil cards where I am have this annoying tendency towards warping -- part of why I actually adore cards being released as Common or Rare rather than a higher rarity. Structure Deck reprints are a godsend, I tell you! ;_;

Were I still actively playing IRL, I might be tempted to try double-sleeving and see where that gets me (that is, if it ends up saving my poor cards from warping).
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried double-sleeving before. All it does is traps any moisture that seeps into the sleeve and makes it impossible to dry the card off.

Also, anyone surprised when a damaged copy of a card still fetches a high price? I bought 2 damaged Mound of the Bound Creator - one of which arrived with all four corners clipped and lots of wear on the edges - and they still cost me like $3-$4 a pop (they're normally $5-$7)
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Even when I sleeve 'em, foil cards where I am have this annoying tendency towards warping -- part of why I actually adore cards being released as Common or Rare rather than a higher rarity. Structure Deck reprints are a godsend, I tell you! ;_;

Were I still actively playing IRL, I might be tempted to try double-sleeving and see where that gets me (that is, if it ends up saving my poor cards from warping).
    You've got American prints right? They tend to do that.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the warping, since it's usually not that bad and doesn't damage the card to the point of making them unsellable. Only issue I have with them is shuffling with them, but that's a minor issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like it when people intentionally destroy cards that they don't like; I remember, a long while back, some jackass scrub took a highly sought-after foil card (I forgot what the card was, except that it was a trap), and tore it up, just because he didn't like it and didn't want to trade it away to someone else. That pissed off a TON of duelists at the event this occurred at, myself included...

I also don't like it when people draw over the artwork of their cards to "customize" them; I know that extensive editing to a card makes it unusable and illegal, but I'm not sure how far that goes...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    I don't like it when people intentionally destroy cards that they don't like; I remember, a long while back, some jackass scrub took a highly sought-after foil card (I forgot what the card was, except that it was a trap), and tore it up, just because he didn't like it and didn't want to trade it away to someone else. That pissed off a TON of duelists at the event this occurred at, myself included...

I also don't like it when people draw over the artwork of their cards to "customize" them; I know that extensive editing to a card makes it unusable and illegal, but I'm not sure how far that goes...
    Yeah, there was one bloke at my store who tended to do that. Bit of a jackass, although I did have intelligent conversation with him.
    Sanokal