User Tag List

Thread: Rank-Up Ruri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rank-Up Ruri

Death from above with iron determination and steeled strength. And, of course, supreme ornithological firepower. Kakumei is nigh.

http://i.imgur.com/nYR7GCQ.png

A lot of the choices should be obvious. For the more questionable ones:

Necro Vulture's RUM recycling is a boon when it happens. A timely search for it can result in all kinds of advantage or damage.
    Only 1 Impale Lanius because I honestly don't find myself needing to fish from the grave that often (also why I dropped Call of the Haunted some time ago).
    Double Nest instead of triple because it becomes cloggy with the hard OPT; the deck is tight enough as it is, and it's searchable fairly easily.
    A whopping 9 RUMs. That's the point of the deck. Can become fodder for Summoner Monk and retrieved later. Skip and Soul Shave Force are the best, so they're 2-ofs. Astral Force can recur on its own and is another double-rank-up, so 1 of those. Double Death Force is a touch situational, but Force Strix into Satellite Cannon Falcon, or, even better, Blaze Falcon into ultimate Falcon is too good to pass up. Raid Force is straightforward, and can potentially retrieve another RUM. Raptor's Force is a bit more flexible. Revolution Force is a straightforward quickplay, with an odd gimmick that could theoretically hijack a Castel or No. 101.
    Raptor's Ultimate Mace, although unfortunately unsearchable, and generally Summoner Monk fodder, can be a nice taunt when slapped onto a Force Strix, or it can double Blaze Falcon's direct-attacking power. It can also give Impale Lanius a boost for its effect.
    Originally, I was playing double Mystical Space Typhoon, which pained me to no end since I always run it as a triple in every deck, but I find that the discard cost of Twin Twister is manageable, especially with the hand advantage that can be generated by combos involving Fuzzy and Mimicry Lanius, Force Strix, and Nest.
    No Last Strix because I balk at giving up my opportunities to do damage with a large monster on board; if it dies, it's a major blow.
    No staple traps because I like trapless, the exception being that I will run themed traps.

As for the Extra, just as clogged:
    Castel because that's really the only accessible non destructive removal I have.
    Zerofyne because negation can help, and the ATK boost can win games.
    No. 77 because it has 4000 ATK and it's theoretically possible to make by stacking atop Ultimate Falcon, or Soul Shaving it. Also, read my username.
    Double Blaze Falcon because it's a good rank-up stepping stone, it's good for chipping away at LP, and is fantastic if you can Double Death it. Also, because Solemn is a thing, if the summon of one gets negated, my plays would become suboptimal because I didn't have another to go into (this applies for other multiples).
    Triple Force Strix because it's the crux of most RUM plays. Also search is good.
    Double Revolution Falcon because it's a fantastic card and the go-to offensive option.
    That one Rise Falcon because it's slightly obligatory; I've used it exactly once and it won the game.
    Double Satellite Cannon Falcon because if you climb up the rank-up ladder quickly, you can Soul Shave another one.
    Ultimate Falcon should be obvious.
    Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon because you can Soul Shave Blaze Falcon into it. Also, it's the one thing I can put in this deck that will satisfy my dragon fetish.

No Gagaga Cowboy because that last bit of damage can be dealt by Rise or Blaze or Revolution Falcon, or even Zerofyne.
    I took out Daigusto Emeral because more often than not, I'd win or lose by the time I needed recycling.
    No Cyber Dragon Infinity because it's too much of a crutch.
    No SNo. 39 because it's almost as much of a crutch, also I'd have to give up another slot for No. 39.
    No SNo. 0 because fuck solitaire, and it also would require me to run No. 39.

Feel free to leave feedback; do your worst.
    Last edited by iNfiniTe Se7eNz; 15th February 2016 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooooooooooooo

- 1 Call
    - 1 Necro
    - 1 Mass
    - all Rank-Up that are not Soul Shave, Skip Force and Astral
    - 1 Raigeki (since it's banned from OCG)
    - 1 Monk (limited in OCG)

+ 3 Last Strix
    + 1 Skip Force
    + 1 Solemn Warning
    + 2 Solemn Strike/ + 1 Strike and +1 One for One

For the Extra Deck:

- 2 Blaze Falcon
    - 1 Rebellion
    - 1 Rise
    - 1 Revolution
    - 1 Satellite Canon

+ 1 CDI
    + 1 Utopia
    + 1 Lightning
    + 1 Utopic Dragon/Hope ZEXAL
    + 1 Dawn King Kali Yuga
    + 1 Ultimate Falcon

And then you'll have an extremely good OCG Ruriraptor deck.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Sooooooooooooo

- 1 Call
    - 1 Necro
    - 1 Mass
    - all Rank-Up that are not Soul Shave, Skip Force and Astral
    - 1 Raigeki (since it's banned from OCG)
    - 1 Monk (limited in OCG)

+ 3 Last Strix
    + 1 Skip Force
    + 1 Solemn Warning
    + 2 Solemn Strike/ + 1 Strike and +1 One for One

For the Extra Deck:

- 2 Blaze Falcon
    - 1 Rebellion
    - 1 Rise
    - 1 Revolution
    - 1 Satellite Canon

+ 1 CDI
    + 1 Utopia
    + 1 Lightning
    + 1 Utopic Dragon/Hope ZEXAL
    + 1 Dawn King Kali Yuga
    + 1 Ultimate Falcon

And then you'll have an extremely good OCG Ruriraptor deck.
    Why not just make a screenshot of a deck while you're at it? Also, he did say he wasn't going to use Infinity or Utopia the Lightning or Hope ZeXal.

Anyway, 1 Sharp is good. I stick to that number as well. It's an amazing card all the same; attacking defense position monsters also triggers his effect, even if it's not destroyed by battle. In a tight situation, he'll pull through.
    I also agree with double Nest.
    I will say, though, that having so many Rank-Ups will make you prone to bricking. At minimum, stick with 1 Soul Shave and 1 Skip Force. Some more are preference but make sure not to overdo it, especially in the multiples category since Necro Vulture can recycle them.
    I run just one Last Strix. My deck's not dedicated to that spam nonsense but it is useful in a pinch, plus it can beef up Force Strix if you really need it.
    You should find some ways to run two Pain Lanius. Card is amazing; however hard it was before to open with two Force Strix, Pain Lanius makes it all the much easier. Perhaps take out one Singing for it? You don't really need two.

Keep Rise. Even with just one, it can take care of Ultimate Falcon. That's how I overcame an Ultimate Falcon spam deck once.
    Keep at least 1 Blaze Falcon. Mimicry's effect makes it naturally, don'tcha know? Amazing.
    How is Odd-Eyes Rebellion working out for you? I'd take it out, personally. I know Soul Shave can make it but that's so inconsistent that it's hardly worth mentioning. Of course, that depends on how you feel about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should point out that since DN doesn't have an OCG format, but rather a TCG/OCG hybrid, the banlist is according to TCG, but the cardpool is combined. Not sure if that would warrant putting this decklist under TCG instead, but I suppose that's up to the mods.

I suppose "Ultimate Falcon Turbo" is probably one of the "best" ways to play the deck, but I honestly think it's somewhat dumb and excessively linear. The combo options aren't nearly as fun.

Although I do like the Kali Yuga suggestion; that's a not-too-common card that could be interesting to pull out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Why not just make a screenshot of a deck while you're at it? Also, he did say he wasn't going to use Infinity or Utopia the Lightning or Hope ZeXal.

Anyway, 1 Sharp is good. I stick to that number as well. It's an amazing card all the same; attacking defense position monsters also triggers his effect, even if it's not destroyed by battle. In a tight situation, he'll pull through.
    I also agree with double Nest.
    I will say, though, that having so many Rank-Ups will make you prone to bricking. At minimum, stick with 1 Soul Shave and 1 Skip Force. Some more are preference but make sure not to overdo it, especially in the multiples category since Necro Vulture can recycle them.
    I run just one Last Strix. My deck's not dedicated to that spam nonsense but it is useful in a pinch, plus it can beef up Force Strix if you really need it.
    You should find some ways to run two Pain Lanius. Card is amazing; however hard it was before to open with two Force Strix, Pain Lanius makes it all the much easier. Perhaps take out one Singing for it? You don't really need two.

Keep Rise. Even with just one, it can take care of Ultimate Falcon. That's how I overcame an Ultimate Falcon spam deck once.
    Keep at least 1 Blaze Falcon. Mimicry's effect makes it naturally, don'tcha know? Amazing.
    How is Odd-Eyes Rebellion working out for you? I'd take it out, personally. I know Soul Shave can make it but that's so inconsistent that it's hardly worth mentioning. Of course, that depends on how you feel about it.
    I admit that 9 RUMs are brick prone, and Summoner Monk can only partially mitigate that, but in my experience, I find myself more often in situations where I'm wishing for a RUM rather than another Ruri. Even if I open brick, in some cases, if I can scrape by a couple turns, the RUMs I have allow me to counterattack explosively. The general trend in my duels is that I establish a comfortable advantage thanks to the deck's various plusses, and thus use my RUMs to go on the offensive. I want to make Revolution Falcon ASAP, as it is the primary aggressor. That's why I'm willing to risk getting drunk on RUM.
    Might trade a Call for Last Strix. I don't like the card, but its utility is undeniable.
    I don't use Pain Lanius because I almost never feel like I have a shortage of Ruris to summon. Plus, the 1500+ burn is very hefty. Also, I almost never would want to put out 2 Force Strixes in a single turn, as hand advantage wouldn't be an issue, and I need to save them for RUM plays. I like 2 Singing for a few reasons: foremost, it simplifies things if I am indeed making 2 Force Strix and RUM for an offensive push. Second, it's easy to toss on board and use as fodder for Icarus Attack, so I can keep my Force Strix alive until next turn, and search again. Finally, if I happen to open with it, Fuzzy, Vanishing, and Call can all make it live.

I honestly use Mimicry's effect to make Blaze Falcon more often than I RUM for it. Nonetheless, I use it often enough that two is warranted. It can really put on the hurt if it's defended by a trap. Plus I really hate it when a one-of gets Solemn'd. Also, I've kamikazed it into Double Death Force more than once, which is near irresistible if the opportunity presents itself.
    I only recently tossed it in, so it hasn't come out yet. Doesn't help that more often than not, when I draw Soul Shave, I have either nothing or only Force Strix in grave, or I've already set myself up to win.
    Last edited by iNfiniTe Se7eNz; 15th February 2016 at 12:02 PM.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    I don't use Pain Lanius because I almost never feel like I have a shortage of Ruris to summon. Plus, the 1500+ burn is very hefty.
    Actually, it's the LOWER score that gets used for the summon so it's often rather small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally managed to pull off Soul Shave into Haou Kokuryu, although it was admittedly overkill because that Soul Shave I had just topdecked was used to summon a Revolution Falcon, which I equipped with Ultimate Mace, and its multiattack would have inflicted more than enough damage-- but since I could just normal summon Necro Vulture and tribute itself to retrieve Soul Shave and activate it again, Overlord Howling was too good too pass up.

Thinking that if I end up doing some local tournaments, I might mess with the RUM lineup to include a second Double Death and a third Skip and/or Soul Shave Force, and somehow possibly cram a third Ultimate Falcon into the extra. The issue of course is attaining triple Force Strix as I have yet to buy any WIRA; everything else is more moderately priced/in my possession.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really neat deck. It sticks to the theme and follows through with very interesting combo's. Loved your explanations. I kinda like to play the same by sticking to the theme for the most part (if possible). This is gonna make me pick up raptor's again though like you I also need the force strix's. Guess its time to pick up a WIRA box lol.