User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barian vs. Numeron 1-4 Numbers?

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda ironic how the fake ones have more original appearance and effects than the real ones, really.

Makes it hard to decide which one I want to be printed.
    Last edited by Brightshine Stardust; 23rd February 2016 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I wonder why? The only other Barian Number we saw that weren't Over Hundreds was Dark Illumiknight, and that had the same look and effect, except with a different color.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Yeah, I wonder why? The only other Barian Number we saw that weren't Over Hundreds was Dark Illumiknight, and that had the same look and effect, except with a different color.
    It was also attribute-flipped to DARK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sill, essentially the same card as original Illumiknight. You'd think that the fake 1-4 would've been darker copies of the originals, and not totally new monsters, themselves...
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sill, essentially the same card as original Illumiknight. You'd think that the fake 1-4 would've been darker copies of the originals, and not totally new monsters, themselves...
    Chalk it up to inconsistency of writing. Zexal had some issues with that, particularly involving the Numbers themselves.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, rereading the fake Numbers 1-4, I do like them (though I'm willing to bet certain effects would get hard OPT clauses, like those of Number 4 and its companion Xyz) and wouldn't mind seeing them show up in addition to the Numeron Gates. Heck, I want the fake Numbers for what they do, while I want the Gates for plot, really.

I'd chalk that one up to Don Thousand, actually; if I were holding plot-relevant MacGuffin cards with the intent to use them and made fake versions of the same, and nobody else knew what they were or what they looked like, I'd sure as hell make the fakes look nothing alike so that my MacGuffins would still be a surprise. : V

That they turned out to be his go-to strategy, as well as such apparently-powerful cards, makes it all the more sensible for him to be a bit cagey about 'em. (C1000 and Ci1000 I feel are less his 'go-to strategy' and more 'Don Thousand playing the elementary school game of one-upmanship', I feel I should note before either is brought up.)
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Chalk it up to inconsistency of writing. Zexal had some issues with that, particularly involving the Numbers themselves.
    While that's true, I chalk that one up to the 1-4 being "special". Given that Thousand could manufacture fake Numbers, he clearly made those 4 especially for the people who ended up with them. The others (the only one of which we saw was Dark Illumiknight) were only meant to infect humans, so he was lazier with them.

That being said, I actually would not have had any problem with 1-4 having the same effect if it wasn't for the fakes being way more interesting. If the fakes didn't exist, I would just been like "meh" when I saw the Gates instead of "what the fuck?"

Even given that, the Gates had some beautiful animation and I did appreciate the callback to the Door that started everything.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    While that's true, I chalk that one up to the 1-4 being "special". Given that Thousand could manufacture fake Numbers, he clearly made those 4 especially for the people who ended up with them. The others (the only one of which we saw was Dark Illumiknight) were only meant to infect humans, so he was lazier with them.

That being said, I actually would not have had any problem with 1-4 having the same effect if it wasn't for the fakes being way more interesting. If the fakes didn't exist, I would just been like "meh" when I saw the Gates instead of "what the fuck?"

Even given that, the Gates had some beautiful animation and I did appreciate the callback to the Door that started everything.
    Meh, I guess.

My gripe is that it may just so happen that none of the Number 1-4, real or fake, may get a IRL release.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    My gripe is that it may just so happen that none of the Number 1-4, real or fake, may get a IRL release.
    Y'never know, they're actually bothering to release Number 100, an equally plot-y Number, so there's at least some hope.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!