User Tag List

Thread: Future Monster-Types suggestions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Future Monster-Types suggestions

We got "Wyrm-Type" at the beginning of Arc-V. First new monster type since Psychics. But what do you guys think should be monster types in this game in the future?

Tops on my list is "Air-Type" (to go with Pyro, Aqua, Rock and Thunder). I believe Air should get it's own elemental typing. Right now monsters coming close to this are usually dumped somewhere between Winged-Beast and Fairy.

Also, "Illusionist-Type" was a type used by Pegasus in the original manga and was used in some non-canon video games (sometimes appearing as "Dream" element). It was even used in as a type in the Bandai version of the card game. Introducing new Illusionist/Illusory monsters as a counterpart to Spellcasters could be similar to the Wyrm/Phantom Dragon typing counterparting the Dragon-Type and several older monsters could be retrained into Illusionist-Type versions like Unmasked Dragon and the Metaphys series.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 22nd February 2016 at 02:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    We got "Wyrm-Type" at the beginning of Arc-V. First new monster type since Psychics. But what do you guys think should be monster types in this game in the future?

Tops on my list is "Air-Type" (to go with Pyro, Aqua, Rock and Thunder). I believe Air should get it's own elemental typing. Right now monsters coming close to this are usually dumped somewhere between Winged-Beast and Fairy.

Also, "Illusionist-Type" was a type used by Pegasus in the original manga and was used in some non-canon video games (sometimes appearing as "Dream" element). It was even used in as a type in the Bandai version of the card game. Introducing new Illusionist/Illusory monsters as a counterpart to Spellcasters could be similar to the Wyrm/Phantom Dragon typing counterparting the Dragon-Type and several older monsters could be retrained into Illusionist-Type versions like Unmasked Dragon and the Metaphys series.
    They might need to rewrite several WIND monsters that were cast as Spellcasters (Hurricail #2, etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to point out how Wyrm is an entirely redundant type, and was only conceived so that Yang Zings didn't break Dragon Rulers in a manner similar to Dark Matter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Zorc is coming in DPPM then we're getting Wicked God Beast at least.
    Write the words to that story, aren't you the main character?
    Where were you when Youyeah got TOLD by the opening to his own show?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eldritch could be one, to shunt off highly unusual or otherworldly creatures that can't fit in reasonably in any other monster type.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    I'd like to point out how Wyrm is an entirely redundant type, and was only conceived so that Yang Zings didn't break Dragon Rulers in a manner similar to Dark Matter.
    No more redundant than Beast-Warrior, and no more pointless by extension than Psychic-type. A new type is a new canvas with which the designers can work, a new frontier for card design -- and that's good, 'cause it means it opens the floor for new content overall. And ya gotta admit, the generic Wyrms have been going into some interesting-ish directions, aye? (And quicker than Psychic-type did, at that.)
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyborgs? Half-man, half-machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    No more redundant than Beast-Warrior, and no more pointless by extension than Psychic-type. A new type is a new canvas with which the designers can work, a new frontier for card design -- and that's good, 'cause it means it opens the floor for new content overall. And ya gotta admit, the generic Wyrms have been going into some interesting-ish directions, aye? (And quicker than Psychic-type did, at that.)
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree there, either. Why not throw Sea Serpents into that lot, as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about Ethereal for obviously angelic or godlike creatures, to separate them from the more traditional Fairies?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    How about Ethereal for obviously angelic or godlike creatures, to separate them from the more traditional Fairies?
    Not necessary given the literal translation: Tenshi is "Angel"; presumably this was changed to avoid religious reference, but Konami being Konami went ahead and printed "Shining Angel." Also of note, in a similar vein, is that Fiend is Akuma, "Demon".