User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Scale 2

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I forgot to say, Yuto's gonna use Phantom Knights, but I sincerely hope Yuya isn't going to use Entermates, I apologize to those who like them but they really kill the mood when they appear.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed
    Its like the Madolches, Naturias or any of Yumas Syllable archetypes, I just can't take them seriously and their appearence (or sound in that last case) annoy me
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like things went full circle and we're about to see another clash between Yuto and Sawatari, who's using Monarchs once again. Man I sure have missed Yuto and it's really cool to see him duel once again. That Dark Rebellion summoning scan looks truly magnificent.

So far the manga has gotten off to a great start and looks very promising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized that since the manga uses a lot of material from their anime counterpart they can skip a lot of explanations and go straightforward to business.

That may be one of the reasons the manga seems better on first impact.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    I just realized that since the manga uses a lot of material from their anime counterpart they can skip a lot of explanations and go straightforward to business.

That may be one of the reasons the manga seems better on first impact.
    Arc-V anime didn't waste a lot of time, either. Yuto and The Plot was introduced very early on, when other shows would hold off for the first 26 episodes to establish the main cast and setting.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    Arc-V anime didn't waste a lot of time, either. Yuto and The Plot was introduced very early on, when other shows would hold off for the first 26 episodes to establish the main cast and setting.
    That's true, I didn't meant to say the anime was slow, but thinking about the manga, their pace is abnormally fast, if you try to read those as a standalone I'm sure one would feel that the settings is pretty vague, taking Scale 1 as an example, in the 1st chapter we see Yuya (sort of) and Yuto running from Reiji and his goons (and Sora and Shun are working together) for reasons (Reiji mentioned something in that regard at least) but it's not like they explained much, most of our discussion came from the fact we know the characters and we try to guess their roles comparing to the anime, at least that was my impression thinking about it after a while.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARC V has just done a damn good job in general really. now lets hope they don't drop the ball, or suffer 5D's fate. fucking executive meddling.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    That's true, I didn't meant to say the anime was slow, but thinking about the manga, their pace is abnormally fast, if you try to read those as a standalone I'm sure one would feel that the settings is pretty vague, taking Scale 1 as an example, in the 1st chapter we see Yuya (sort of) and Yuto running from Reiji and his goons (and Sora and Shun are working together) for reasons (Reiji mentioned something in that regard at least) but it's not like they explained much, most of our discussion came from the fact we know the characters and we try to guess their roles comparing to the anime, at least that was my impression thinking about it after a while.
    It's possible. Yuya and Yuto have a Yugi and Atem gimmick, which should be familiar to all fans of the series and require very little explanation. The others like Shun and Sora appear to have been 'repackaged' as the LDS strike force, which would imply there's no inter-dimensional conflict. I don't think someone brand new to the series will be too confused, though. If anything they might think they're just trying to recreate Yugi and Atem for a new generation.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    It's possible. Yuya and Yuto have a Yugi and Atem gimmick, which should be familiar to all fans of the series and require very little explanation. The others like Shun and Sora appear to have been 'repackaged' as the LDS strike force, which would imply there's no inter-dimensional conflict. I don't think someone brand new to the series will be too confused, though. If anything they might think they're just trying to recreate Yugi and Atem for a new generation.
    I don't recall Yugi or Atem being God damn Batman...Occasionally Dark yes but not Batman

Needless to say I do approve of the change

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I haven't really gotten into Arc-V like I did with the others, and I think the Friendship Cup/Synchro Dimension stuff is a huge drag to the series, right now. I don't see it going anywhere until the Academia starts wreaking havoc again, and who knows when that'll be?