User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yugioh Arc- V Duelist Power Ranking

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sora could have severely dealt to him in their first duel if he'd summoned Frightfur Tiger instead of Bear; he WAS holding back after all.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    You know I remembered the Dragon lock after I posted this and I didn't want to go back and edit it. I don't know if that lock is a consistent play for him since he never used it against Serena but that was really cool to see. My only problem with Serena is that she seems like she just wants to bring out her Fusions and attack. A very offensive approach and straightforward. Here newest ace who's name I forgot was pretty cool though.

I respect your list though. You back it well
    Serena's style is too reckless and straightforward, I agree. However, that seems to do job against Gong who relies on his overwhelming defense to destroy his opponent and protect his LP at the same type. Considering Serena has Leo Dancer's eff to destroy all of Gong's synchro monsters and score a direct attack, Blue Cat's eff which can double any of her fusions monsters' attack and thus making their atk over all of gong's monsters, I think she can take him on. Plus there was that trap she used against Dennis that can switch all of gong's monsters into atk positon and then halve their atk and defense. That's kinda why I think she could beat Gong, Dennis, and possibly Yuzu. They all rely on high/multiple atk to beat their opponents (Bloom Prima being the only exception but Panther Dancer should be able to beat it since it can't be destroyed by card eff) and Serena's deck is just more suited and consistent for that style of dueling.

Thanks, I like the reasoning behind your list. I was about to put Sergey way lower on my list since I blame Yuya's loss on lazy writing considering he could've at the very least stalled for one turn but Sergey's performance against Jack does make him look deserving of his spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave. View Post
    Serena's style is too reckless and straightforward, I agree. However, that seems to do job against Gong who relies on his overwhelming defense to destroy his opponent and protect his LP at the same type. Considering Serena has Leo Dancer's eff to destroy all of Gong's synchro monsters and score a direct attack, Blue Cat's eff which can double any of her fusions monsters' attack and thus making their atk over all of gong's monsters, I think she can take him on. Plus there was that trap she used against Dennis that can switch all of gong's monsters into atk positon and then halve their atk and defense. That's kinda why I think she could beat Gong, Dennis, and possibly Yuzu. They all rely on high/multiple atk to beat their opponents (Bloom Prima being the only exception but Panther Dancer should be able to beat it since it can't be destroyed by card eff) and Serena's deck is just more suited and consistent for that style of dueling.

Thanks, I like the reasoning behind your list. I was about to put Sergey way lower on my list since I blame Yuya's loss on lazy writing considering he could've at the very least stalled for one turn but Sergey's performance against Jack does make him look deserving of his spot.
    Head to head, your right Serena relentless attacks would beat Gong's defensive style. Maybe I'm enamored with Gong because his strategies are so unique. I'm interested to see both of them get more Pendulums, especially Gong because it will benefit his strategy of not having Spell cards in the Graveyard. I wonder what Dimension Serena went to.

Sergey gets some love from us all. But I doubt he's on anyone's future list after we've witnessed Yuri, Kite, Aster and Alexis duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Sora could have severely dealt to him in their first duel if he'd summoned Frightfur Tiger instead of Bear; he WAS holding back after all.
    So true. They both haven't gone all-out. That's why I gotta see Shun vs Sora all-out one final time. I mean if Silvio/Sawatari could get angry at Sora for hanging around Yuya then imagine how mad Shun will get. So I hope it happens. It's why I wanted Sora to remain on Academia's side. Maybe Leo will activate some device that's lodged into Sora's head that'll make him evil
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys forget that Gongenzaka has his Soul cards to protect his monsters or to revive them. That's why I ranked him higher. It is also more difficult to summon Panther Dancer and Lio Dancer than Big Benkei or any of the Superheavy Synchros. Soulfire Suit for example makes Lio Dancer's effect useless. Serena usually has only one strong monster on the field due to wasting her monster as fodder. And Purple Butterfly cannot Special Summon any monsters in the anime, so swarming is difficult for her. Yes, she has Pendulums, but they become fodder anyway.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Not only that, if he had summoned tiger instead of chimera with frightur fusion, he could've won then as well. Heck, if edge imp chain didn't suck so bad in the anime, he could've searched frightfur fusion and gone into pretty much any frightfur to win.
    Last edited by Baconator; 24th February 2016 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Not only that, if he had summoned tiger instead of chimera with frightur fusion, he could've won then as well. Heck, if edge imp chain didn't suck so bad in the anime, he could've searched frightfur fusion and gone into pretty much any frightfur to win.
    IMO, the ability to gauge the opponent's strength and the ability to take the right decisions are crucial for a duelist. So, as Sora clearly didn't go all out on a opponent when he should have gone, that shows that at the time he really wasn't the better duelist.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    IMO, the ability to gauge the opponent's strength and the ability to take the right decisions are crucial for a duelist. So, as Sora clearly didn't go all out on a opponent when he should have gone, that shows that at the time he really wasn't the better duelist.
    On the other hand, as Shay has mentioned, he's always serious when he duels. Declan doesn't go all out all the time either, but he seems to calculate that.
    Sanokal

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try my hand at this thing, but I'd rather use a Tier system rather than a tier ranking since I feel it reflects better the overall ability of a character in a game where a tie is a hard result to come by so results are biased by lack of matches, it will probably feel pretty cramped since I feel that unlike older series the skill difference between the contenders is pretty low in comparison:

C Tier

Hiiragi Yuzu : The "best" heroine, maybe, she has the qualities to shine but she tend to fall a bit too easily into the enemies' strategies so she gets a low spot

Noboru Gongenzaka : He shows potential but his results are a bit underwhelming confronted with what you would expect from him

Sawatari Shingo : Supposedly the joke member, he shows great skills and it's a surprising good duelist... sometimes. His lack of consistent results drag him down low, but that's a problem shared with most of the low-tiered characters

Tsukikage : Tends to fail horribly in singles but he's a great supporter. Still better than Shinji at least.

B Tier

Shiun'in Sora : The first duelist to show the might of the Fusion Dimension, showed skills, power and tactics worthy of a top duelist and that earned him a top seat in the ratings, had a tendency to underestimate people that held him back but hopefully he will stop doing that in the future.

Kurosaki Shun : Resistance most active member, gained recognition for taking on mighty foes and emerging victorious, one of the characters with the best record so far, showed the world what it REALLY means to topdeck the shit out of your opponent (DISCLAIMER: No luck is involved in lucksacking an opponent, that's how the franchise worked for 20 years).

Akaba Reira : Multiple Summoning methods is a sign of strength in ARC-V, and his recent winning streak earns him a seat in the higher positions even if his debut as a duelist was pretty recent. A bit instable but plot development may fix that in the future.

Barrett : Placed here more for plot than perceived skills, considering the treatment he gets from his comrades and his latest duel it wouldn't make sense to put him in C even if I feel that's where it really belongs.

Selena : Same problem as Barrett, going with the results alone this place wouldn't feel right, but the recognition she gets in the series from several characters earns her at least a B, even if I'd put her in the lower end of the tier.

Dennis Macfield : And here's the opposite problem, he showed amazing skills and surprising ability, earns the higher end of the B but if we went rating his deck alone he gets his own class, I'd have put him in A if it weren't for on-screen results, he had the potential to soar to even greater heights but that sky belonged to another kind of falcon.

A Tier

Yuto : That's a tricky decision, I'd normally say that we don't have the material to judge this kind of character but since we got to see a lot of Sora and then they show us Yuto handing his ass so bad that the burn propelled Sora back to Academia that I'd feel bad not to rate him.

Yugo : And that's the second tricky decision, it overall feels more a B than an A considering how luck-based some of his strategies are, but wouldn't make much sense to rate him lower than Yuto since he got such a clear win against him.

Crow Hogan : Everyone's beloved "Trickster" returns with less tricks and more spam, overall solid character that showed his qualities through the series even in the short time it had at disposal.

Sergey Volkov : Duelist Crusher basically crushed enough stuff to earn a spot this high, he basically came and crushed the heroine, then following with the protagonist and that guy next to him, he managed to live up to all the hype they gave him and that earns him an A in my book.

S Tier

Akaba Reiji : The flawless duelist, so far he demonstrated strength, skill, strategy and composture fitting of a leader, always several steps ahead of the opposition whether he is dueling or not, has yet to fight someone who can match it so most of his abilities are speculation)

Jack Atlas : His popularity precedes his achievements, it hasn't shown enough about his current self skills but he still managed to show his charisma and his overwhelming strength, yet to overshadow his original counterpart though.

Untiered

Sakaki Yuya : I feel his character is too unstable for me to give a fair rating to him, I'd have given him at least an A after the duel against reiji but at the start of the Synchro Dimension he was pretty pathetic, even at the start of the tournament I'd have rated him B at best. He basically develops too much so I can't fix him in a single tier right now.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=KingKaash;25078]You really think Kite will overtake Shun and Jack? Why so just curious.

Its hype mixed with logic. My original idea was that the yugioh characters of the current series would be stronger than the last. There are ABSOLUTELY NO facts that support this idea aside from the original characters using normal monsters and newer characters using monsters with essays for effects.
    When it came to the kaibas i thought the ranking was 1-Reiji, 2-Kaito, 3-Kaiser, 4-Jack(he is only 4 because i didnt like jack or 5ds. His ace was trash. Blue eyes was better(the normal one)...
    But as for the kaito ranking, it goes back to that idea. Not to mention he has the 2nd most broken cards of the kaibas. The first is reiji...obviously, since he doesnt rely on anything. As for shun, you would normally send foot soldiers to fight while the general stays behind. Arc-v's jack is pretty decent to me but i still dont see him beating kaito.
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    Yugo : And that's the second tricky decision, it overall feels more a B than an A considering how luck-based some of his strategies are, but wouldn't make much sense to rate him lower than Yuto since he got such a clear win against him.
    I like your tier idea better than an outright list. The one thing I kinda don't agree on is that Yugo got a clear win against Yuto. I got the vibe that Yuto kinda let him win. I could be wrong but that's just how I remember it

Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    I think this is a fair point to consider. But would you say Shun didn't go all out against Sora the next time around inside that temple because I don't recall him using his Falcons. I think he had 3 Fuzzy Lanius out.

[QUOTE=False_Revelation;25199]
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    You really think Kite will overtake Shun and Jack? Why so just curious.

Its hype mixed with logic. My original idea was that the yugioh characters of the current series would be stronger than the last. There are ABSOLUTELY NO facts that support this idea aside from the original characters using normal monsters and newer characters using monsters with essays for effects.
    When it came to the kaibas i thought the ranking was 1-Reiji, 2-Kaito, 3-Kaiser, 4-Jack(he is only 4 because i didnt like jack or 5ds. His ace was trash. Blue eyes was better(the normal one)...
    But as for the kaito ranking, it goes back to that idea. Not to mention he has the 2nd most broken cards of the kaibas. The first is reiji...obviously, since he doesnt rely on anything. As for shun, you would normally send foot soldiers to fight while the general stays behind. Arc-v's jack is pretty decent to me but i still dont see him beating kaito.
    I would agree that Zexal Kaito/Kite is better than 5Ds Jack for sure. But Red Nova Dragon is my favorite Synchro ever. I like Arc-V Jack even though we haven't seen too much on him. But I expect Kite to get a further upgrade as well so if the trend follows, then yes logically Kite should be better. I just want consistent Rank 8 help for him
    Last edited by KingKaash; 25th February 2016 at 04:49 AM. Reason: I love Red Nova Dragon
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain