User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yugioh Arc- V Duelist Power Ranking

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I definitely prefer the tier concept.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    IMO, the ability to gauge the opponent's strength and the ability to take the right decisions are crucial for a duelist. So, as Sora clearly didn't go all out on a opponent when he should have gone, that shows that at the time he really wasn't the better duelist.
    That's my main problem with that duel; before his duel against Shun, he was the guy that said, "Maybe the 0 attack monster has an effect." During the duel, however, he goes "hurpdurp you only have 1000 atk". It's not because he underestimates xyz's monsters either, because he didn't underestimate yuto or hokuto.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using the tier concept, which has proven to be more accurate, i will make my tier list as well

Just a Reminder: This list will only contain characters, that were active or still active,

Tier 3 (Duelists that has not shown any overwhelming or relevant moves)

Duel chasers all of them: Their decks are repetitive and dumb, the only card used by them tat caught my intrest, was Sniping Hazy Type 0

Obelisk Force: the same issue with the DCs, or even worse if they don't Draw Polymerization, they will be really screwed up, but this is Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime, this will never happen

Tsukikage: He is overshadowed to much, proving that he is real ninja haha, Jokes aside, his deck never showed any sign of threat, i hope he climbs up to the spotlights

Shingo Sawatari: Comic Relief character, not much to say, he gets cocky, and ends up being screwed, if he had more moments of might like the duels he had with Yuya and Yugo, he could be in the next tier

Tier 2 (Duelist that shows some kind of skills, but are not that powerful)
    Barret: His decks seems to be mess, mixing random Beast-Warriors with the Machine non-official archetype Sentinels, does not seem to be a good idea, but his Trap Cards Beastborg Medal of Crimson chain is overpowered as hell, you basically become unable to play

Shinji Weber: Well, he didn't got enough character development to be a notable charcater, but his Bee-Force might have potential, if those bugs live up to their features discribed by their owner, like the Revolution Stuff and always standing up to support their fallen brothers, they can be decent swarm archetype

Choujiro Tokumatsu: The only reason he is here. because his deck seems to be a bit messy, but can make some weird combos, to fuck up your opponent real bad, he sure have potential to be in the next tier

Lil Gon (AKA: Gongezaka Noboru): his deck is powerfu,l but not powerful enough to be a threat to the other duelists

Selena: Lunalights seems to be very slow and have a small pool of reliable cards, i hope she gets more reliable bosses and swirl slime for Lunalights

Tier 1 (Duelists with notable Skills or enough character development)

Dennis Mcfield: He has a astonishing Rank 4 engine, we know what those clowns are capable of, he is a role-model for me, its a shame that he downgraded to the level of using Antique Gears

Yuzu Hiragi: She is very strong on her own, she does not need to be shielded by Yuya, and can pull out awesome moves, its a shame that she lost to Sergey due to plot

Sora Shiun'in: His Fusions are Dope (both in gameplay and theme), he can crush a lot of strong duelists, and he he has playbe Deck, even able to roughly top some tournaments, do i really need say more about him ?

Shun Kurosaki: Evolved so much, throught the Episodes, i am sure he can defeat Sora, his deck is playable in real life, also he and Yuya are the only lancers that get the Spotlights

Reira Akaba: Overwhelming skills, mastering all Summons (Execept Pendulum),i hope he keep on striding and shows more of his skills

Yugo: Overcomed a lot of troubles, if he becomes focused, he can be a Incredible Duelist, also Crystal Wing is a real boss Monster

Crow Hogan: Could be in the next tier, but the staff just threw him in the dust, but we cannot deny that, he is strong duelist

Sergey Volkov: He is a Ruthless and Fearsome duelist,

Tier 0 (Strongest Characters in the Show)

Yuya Sakaki: this is so obivious, he is the main character, he lost sometimes, and desrved to stay at tier 1, but due to the fact his cards, domniated the Meta so hard, and still domines, but not like before, he stays at this tier. Pe Pe Days, were the Days, Never forget about it

Jack Atlas; Amazing Skills, Power able to tear to shreds anyone that stands in his pat, he did not seemed to struggle during his Duel with Sergay, he looked only like a bug annoying Jack, also despite of the situation, he does not seem to lose his composure

Reiji Akaba: Needless to say about his skills, If D/Ds get supported properly it can become the Dragon Rulers 3.0

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Obelisk Force don't need Polymerization; their Hunting Hounds can fuse themselves with their own effects.
    Sanokal

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering how the Anime works I say we shouldn't count actual card design much into the power rankings since most of them are extremely buffed in real life and actual tournament results won't influence character's strength, not to mention the whole "decks are techniques" theory that floats around.

Adding to that, if we really have to count to that we should at least mention Anime effects to be fair, like Speedroids having none of the searching or Fuzzy lanius being able to loop itself.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are counting Yuya as Tier 0 because of , then Dennis should be up there too

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    If you are counting Yuya as Tier 0 because of , then Dennis should be up there too
    Tier 0? Hah, more like Tier Dennis.
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    Tier 0? Hah, more like Tier Dennis.
    Dennis is God

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tier Awesome: Neo New Sawatari w/ Yosenjus
    Tier Fail: Everyone else (including Neo New Sawatari with Abyss Actors)

Sorry, Yuya, but your Egao means nothing in the face of Twink Samurai Weasels!
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arc-V Final Character Power Ranking (since there's no show going on)

Tier 0

1) Zarc: Ridiculous OP deck that could only be defeated by 4 specific cards

Tier 1

2) Yuya Sakaki (Yuto absorbed): Let's face it, without Action Cards and Yuto's Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, Yuya wouldn't be all that entertaining. I know the last episodes after Zarc's defeat tried to make it seem like otherwise but this show would not have been the same if Yuto didn't join Yuya. But alas, the Pendulum hybrids after absorbing all the Yu boys was a thing of beauty and showed how far he could go (until Links came to town!)

3) Reiji Akaba: I thought the biggest showing for Reiji was when he was able to break through Zarc's strategy a bit and at least lower his LP. The Pendulum hybrids followed in the finale which showed that Reiji was able to keep pace with the protagonist Yuya. Overall, I wish Reiji dueled more throughout the series but there's no denying his strength

4) Yuri: He went through a stretch of causing carnage and was destroying anyone who came in front of him. The versatility to use AG, Predaplant and incorporate Clear Wing Synchro Dragon put him in this tier for me

Tier 2

5) Shun Kurosaki: The ultimate Xyz user in Arc-V to me, I though Kurosaki did well in his tag duel with Kaito against Zarc albeit losing. Other memorable duels include his battle with Sora and Dennis

6) Jack Atlas: It was a great choice to bring Jack into Arc-V. The ability to field both his Dragon bosses on the field versus Zarc was pretty cool to me and his Friendship Cup duel with Yuya was his best. Duel with Sergey was good too

7) Kaito: His victories against Kurosaki and Dennis were pretty good wins and his Cipher Dragon's monster snatching effects are strong

8) Sora Shuin'in: Yea I'm going to put Sora in this tier because his Frightfurs are pretty strong. He got a lot of love in the first half of the season and not much at all after that. But he had 3 Frightfur Fusions out in that Volcano match against Yuya which I thought was his strongest showing

Tier 3

9) Yugo: He was on a roll until he ran into Rin and Yuri. Still Speedroids are nice Synchro deck and Crystal Wing is a strong Synchro

10) Crow Hogan: He did get a lot of duels and a lot of new Synchros and he even managed to damage Zarc first. But I don't think he could beat any of the guys listed above him

11) Edo Phoenix: His Destiny HEROes were alright to me. I wish Kaito got the love Edo did.

Tier Fodder

To be fair, I thought Gong, Sawatari, Dennis, Serena, Rin and Yuzu (sorry Ruri) were good. But I'm not gonna list these out
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain