User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: Yugioh Arc- V Duelist Power Ranking

  1. #41
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Yeah, and if we really think of that, Edo is only character who has dueled all five of them. Yuya/Yuto, then Yuya, then Yugo & Yuri, and finally Zarc.
    Kite as well.
    Sanokal

  2. #42
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Kite as well.
    Yeah, that one, too. But Yuto wasn't actually possessing Yuya at that point. Well, he was some kind of being there.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  3. #43
    Registered User Never die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    And yet, Yuya (in berserk mode) beat the shit out of Crow, while he only had a close duel against Shun. So obviously it's not that simple.
    He used Dark rebellion and his upgrade against Crow but not against Shun.Besides as i said its simple,Crow defeated Shun fair and square so he is stronger/a better duelist than them,its that simple.
    I know what you did last summer.

  4. #44
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Yeah, that one, too. But Yuto wasn't actually possessing Yuya at that point. Well, he was some kind of being there.
    He's all but shown to have dueled him in the past.
    Sanokal

  5. #45
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    He used Dark Rebellion and his upgrade against Crow but not against Kurosaki. Besides as i said its simple, Crow defeated Kurosaki fair and square so he is stronger/a better duelist than him, it's that simple.
    I don't think you can really judge somebody's dueling strength purely based on their victories. Kurosaki defeated Sora, sure, but Sora also defeated Kurosaki. Most of that duel was off-screen, yes, but it's still an in-universe feat regardless.
    Rin defeated Yugo, so is she automatically better than him? Maybe, but that's a big question mark.

    Your argument of Yuya using Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion against Crow, but not against Kurosaki, is a rather weak argument, because:
    a) Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion were countered by Crow five times in a row and the only thing that ultimately defeated him was Supreme King's Wings. On the other hand, it showed how OP Crow's Trap Card Cursed Guard was.
    b) Dark Rebellion's and Odd-Eyes Rebellion's effects are mostly useless against Kurosaki's Xyz Monsters. Heck, even the other three dragons wouldn't be that helpful. If anything, Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon and Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon would be better options.
    c) you dismiss that Odd-Eyes Lancer was kind of OP in that duel. At least, he perfectly fit within Yuya's strategy and assured Yuya's victory.

    Is Manjoume better than Edo because he won a character-arc-episode duel once? Hell, no. I refuse to believe that one. I can't even tell whether Edo is better or worse than Kaiser due to there being too many factors. Edo defeated Kaiser without his Destiny HEROes, and during the course of the series, Kaiser got the Cyberdarks and Chimeratechs, while Edo revealed Dogma and got Plasma. Without an rematch, I can't tell any definitive difference between them.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 17th April 2017 at 12:36 AM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  6. #46
    Registered User yshipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Xyz Jigen
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    I don't think you can really somebody dueling strength purely based on their victories. Kurosaki defeated Sora, sure, but Sora also defeated Kurosaki. Most of that duel was off-screen, yes, but it's still an in-universe feat regardless.
    Rin defeated Yugo, so is she automatically better than him? Maybe, but that's a big question mark.

    Your argument of Yuya using Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion against Crow, but not against Kurosaki, is a rather weak argument, because:
    a) Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion were countered by Crow five times in a row and the only thing that ultimately defeated him was Supreme King's Wings. On the other hand, it showed how OP Crow's Trap Card was.
    b) Dark Rebellion's and Odd-Eyes Rebellion's effects are mostly useless against Kurosaki's Xyz Monsters. Heck, even the other three dragons wouldn't be that helpful. If anything, Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon and Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon would be better options.
    c) you dismiss that Odd-Eyes Lancer was kind of OP in that duel. At least, he perfectly fit within Yuya's strategy and assured Yuya's victory.

    Is Manjoume better than Edo because he won a character-arc-episode duel once? Hell, no. I refuse to believe that one. I can't even tell whether Edo is better or worse than Kaiser due to there being too many factors. Edo defeated Kaiser without his Destiny HEROes, and during the course of the series, Kaiser got the Cyberdarks and Chimeratechs, while Edo revealed Dogma and got Plasma. Without an rematch, I can't tell no definitive between them.
    Finally, someone who can tell apart plot-armor and actual dueling skills...

    You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

  7. #47
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuya has the most broken power of any protagonist. He can draw the cards he needs with his own will like Yami Yugi, and he can create cards out of nowhere like ZEXAL I/II/III. Nevermind that he transformed cards in the middle of a duel like ZEXAL II did. (Yusei needed the power of the other Signers and the Crimson Dragon to pull those stuff out, and some of the Neos Fusions must be created out of nowhere (Super Poly justifies everything).)

    While Reiji can produce his cards by his own and can them as OP he wants (and he certainly has skills no less), Yuya is too OP with his magical (devil) powers.

    But you know who the best duelist is? Barrett. His double chain combo is too unfair.
    ...Yeah, as anyone would even regard him as one of the best duelists just because he got two cards that were way too OP for their own good.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  8. #48
    Registered User Never die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    I don't think you can really judge somebody's dueling strength purely based on their victories. Kurosaki defeated Sora, sure, but Sora also defeated Kurosaki. Most of that duel was off-screen, yes, but it's still an in-universe feat regardless.
    Rin defeated Yugo, so is she automatically better than him? Maybe, but that's a big question mark.

    Your argument of Yuya using Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion against Crow, but not against Kurosaki, is a rather weak argument, because:
    a) Dark Rebellion and Odd-Eyes Rebellion were countered by Crow five times in a row and the only thing that ultimately defeated him was Supreme King's Wings. On the other hand, it showed how OP Crow's Trap Card Cursed Guard was.
    b) Dark Rebellion's and Odd-Eyes Rebellion's effects are mostly useless against Kurosaki's Xyz Monsters. Heck, even the other three dragons wouldn't be that helpful. If anything, Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon and Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon would be better options.
    c) you dismiss that Odd-Eyes Lancer was kind of OP in that duel. At least, he perfectly fit within Yuya's strategy and assured Yuya's victory.

    Is Manjoume better than Edo because he won a character-arc-episode duel once? Hell, no. I refuse to believe that one. I can't even tell whether Edo is better or worse than Kaiser due to there being too many factors. Edo defeated Kaiser without his Destiny HEROes, and during the course of the series, Kaiser got the Cyberdarks and Chimeratechs, while Edo revealed Dogma and got Plasma. Without an rematch, I can't tell any definitive difference between them.
    Yes you can because no matter how linear and basic their strategy/monsters are,in universe if a character defeats another character fair and square then he is better than him.Shun defeated Sora in their first duel(Sora claims after his loss that the reason he lost is because he did not get serious from the get go),in their second duel Sora went full force from the beggining and he won(thus proving what he said is true,that when he is serious he is better than Shun).As for Rin the answer is yes unless you consider unfair the fact that she had the parasite card which is another subject entirely.
    a)They were countered by Crow and?Dark rebellion and Odd eyes Rebellion were his strongest monsters at the time,the fact that he was using them means Beserk Yuya was going full force on him.
    b)In universe those are Yuya's best monsters when he is using then that means he is going all out.Just like in his duel against Dennis it was aknowledged that summoning Dark rebellion would be the best play by Reiji but Yuya was afraid and went a roundabout way.Its the same thing as Yuya's first duel against Jack,Jack defeated Yuya withought using Scarlight's upgrade because he did not see Yuya as a worthy opponent.Yuya did the same against Shun and Dennis but unlike Jack who did not go all out because he did not see Yuya as worthy,Yuya did not got all out not out of disrespect but because he was afraid.
    c)Odd eyes lancer did perform very well and helped Yuya achieve victory but it was Yuya's secondary plan/monster and used it only because of his fear.

    As for Edo sadly yes Manjoume is better than him since he defeated him.Edo's lost against manjoume was forced and out of nowhere just to give Manjoume one last hurrah(similiar to how forced it seemed the fact that Sho is better than Kaiser in season 4)that much is obvious but it does not change the fact that Manjoume defeated him fair and square in universe.I don't like it either nor do i want to believe it but thats how it goes.

    As for Edo and Kaiser yes this a case where you cannot tell which one is better since they both got upgrades.In season 2(after their match)you cannot tell.In season 3 you cannot tell for sure since they both cornerned their last opponents but Yubel is stronger than Amon so the odds are more in Kaiser's favor.In season 4 Edo is stronger because not only Kaiser did not get better skill wise since he thought he cannot get any better but he does not even have a deck since he gave it to Sho.
    I know what you did last summer.

  9. #49
    Registered User yshipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Xyz Jigen
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    Yes you can because no matter how linear and basic their strategy/monsters are,in universe if a character defeats another character fair and square then he is better than him.Shun defeated Sora in their first duel(Sora claims after his loss that the reason he lost is because he did not get serious from the get go),in their second duel Sora went full force from the beggining and he won(thus proving what he said is true,that when he is serious he is better than Shun).As for Rin the answer is yes unless you consider unfair the fact that she had the parasite card which is another subject entirely.
    a)They were countered by Crow and?Dark rebellion and Odd eyes Rebellion were his strongest monsters at the time,the fact that he was using them means Beserk Yuya was going full force on him.
    b)In universe those are Yuya's best monsters when he is using then that means he is going all out.Just like in his duel against Dennis it was aknowledged that summoning Dark rebellion would be the best play by Reiji but Yuya was afraid and went a roundabout way.Its the same thing as Yuya's first duel against Jack,Jack defeated Yuya withought using Scarlight's upgrade because he did not see Yuya as a worthy opponent.Yuya did the same against Shun and Dennis but unlike Jack who did not go all out because he did not see Yuya as worthy,Yuya did not got all out not out of disrespect but because he was afraid.
    c)Odd eyes lancer did perform very well and helped Yuya achieve victory but it was Yuya's secondary plan/monster and used it only because of his fear.

    As for Edo sadly yes Manjoume is better than him since he defeated him.Edo's lost against manjoume was forced and out of nowhere just to give Manjoume one last hurrah(similiar to how forced it seemed the fact that Sho is better than Kaiser in season 4)that much is obvious but it does not change the fact that Manjoume defeated him fair and square in universe.I don't like it either nor do i want to believe it but thats how it goes.

    As for Edo and Kaiser yes this a case where you cannot tell which one is better since they both got upgrades.In season 2(after their match)you cannot tell.In season 3 you cannot tell for sure since they both cornerned their last opponents but Yubel is stronger than Amon so the odds are more in Kaiser's favor.In season 4 Edo is stronger because not only Kaiser did not get better skill wise since he thought he cannot get any better but he does not even have a deck since he gave it to Sho.
    The "fair and square" you always claim is a contradiction to the actual plot armor in the anime though, so it isn't as easy as you say.

    You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

  10. #50
    Registered User King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Going Back Home
    Posts
    2,078
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Yuya Main Character title count as relevant factor for that chart ?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •