User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: Yugioh Arc- V Duelist Power Ranking

  1. #51
    Registered User Never die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    The "fair and square" you always claim is a contradiction to the actual plot armor in the anime though, so it isn't as easy as you say.
    Plot armor or not,unless they cheated in some way or had some unfair advantage(for example denni's first match against shun in which shun only had 1000 life points)then that counts as fair.Because if we go by the logic that plot armor does not count as fair then that means 99% of the duels in the whole show/franchise does not count.If we go by your logic then Shun's victory over the LDS or heck all of Shun's victories does not count since he had plot armor.
    I know what you did last summer.

  2. #52
    Registered User yshipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Xyz Jigen
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    Plot armor or not,unless they cheated in some way or had some unfair advantage(for example denni's first match against shun in which shun only had 1000 life points)then that counts as fair.Because if we go by the logic that plot armor does not count as fair then that means 99% of the duels in the whole show/franchise does not count.If we go by your logic then Shun's victory over the LDS or heck all of Shun's victories does not count since he had plot armor.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. Also you contradict yourself, since Shun performed better in the duel vs Dennis in which he had only 1000 LP.

    You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

  3. #53
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Does Yuya Main Character title count as relevant factor for that chart ?
    Yes, but also because he has broken magical powers. It might a different matter between Yuma and Kaito, but Yuma ultimately beat someone with even more broken powers than himself. I would not be surprised that Reiji stacked his deck during his final duel because unlike with his elemental trio, Reiji doesn't need a complex combo to summon six Hell Armageddons. The way how Yuya summoned the Four Heavenly Dragons in his first turn was definitively smart, but since he has hax Destiny Draw powers, he could gather all the cards he need through willpower.

    Another factor that almost everyone dismisses (for good reasons) is the Action Duel factor. In my opinion, Yuya doesn't use his full potential as an Action Duelist. He could be like Tsukikage and BB and run around with his monsters to grab Action Cards almost every second as long as he doesn't keep holding two of them at once. Swinging with his monsters across the room and Allen's rollerblades are things that would make him an even more broken duelist. People dislike the mechanic, but since it's a "different" way of dueling, it is still something that requires a lot of physical skills, something what I appreciate, especially because interacting with your monsters is a brilliant way to show the bond between duelists and Duel Monsters. All Monsters have soul, and even in DSOD, Kaiba mentions that his Solid Vision gives monsters life.

    Similarly, Riding Dueling is also a different kind of dueling. If you would play in WRGP style, a D-Wheel that is capable of looping around your opponent multiple times would give you an advantage. That's the kind of advantage I want to see Yuya. Not all the time, but he should more broken in Action Duels. After, the way how Zarc interacted with his monsters made him the invincible man who would become the Supreme King.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  4. #54
    Registered User Never die's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. Also you contradict yourself, since Shun performed better in the duel vs Dennis in which he had only 1000 LP.
    I was mentioning that as an example of what is fair or not.........You know what lets take it your way,crow won all of his duels due to plot armor,yuya as well,so did reiji and of course Shun did as well and the same goes for the rest of the cast,so nobody won a single duel fair by your logic.
    Except Sawatari who got 1 non plot armor win against his lackeys so of course that means Sawatari is the best duelist.
    I know what you did last summer.

  5. #55
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    I was mentioning that as an example of what is fair or not.........You know what lets take it your way,crow won all of his duels due to plot armor,yuya as well,so did reiji and of course Kurosaki did as well and the same goes for the rest of the cast,so nobody won a single duel fair by your logic.
    Except Sawatari who got 1 non plot armor win against his lackeys so of course that means Sawatari is the best duelist.
    Personally, I would say that Kurosaki's victory over Ruri wasn't necessarily a plot armor...sorta. Well, screw that one, he won the duel even though it wasn't necessary to win it at all, since Ruri ended up fully brainwashed again. All it did was to protect Kurosaki from carding - okay it's plot armor for him. Doing the same mistake as not carding Yugo should not be done twice.

    (Kurosaki is still weak to stairs.)
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  6. #56
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Advice: you guys might want to try defining what constitutes Plot armor for this context if you want this to go anywhere
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  7. #57
    Registered User yshipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Xyz Jigen
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think plot-armor can be best seen when someone win through topdecking, which is like 90% of all duels. Some examples:

    - Crow won vs Shun ONLY because he drew a level 4 monster, and since we know he runs a large amount of Spells, Traps and non-level 4's that's obviously plot-armor to me. That's why you can't say that Crow is better than Shun.

    - Shun won vs Dennis in the 2nd round because he topdecked RUM - Soul Shave Force, and again, that was plot-armor since Dennis had to be removed from the story at that point anyways, and Shun had to duel Crow. HOWEVER, Shun dueled Dennis before in a completely irrelevant duel with no result, and despite his 1000 LP handycap, the RR - Revolution Falcon he brought out would have defeated Dennis' Em Shadow Maker, resulting in Dennis' loss. That's why you CAN say that Shun is better than Dennis.

    You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

  8. #58
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also say that part of plot armor is winning with the help of a card that you have never been shown to own before, and often is really only useful in the specific scenario that it is seen.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  9. #59
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd define Plot armor as either:
    A, the plot bending itself over to assist the character (ie, Yusei's bike HAPPENED to break just before Ccapac Apu Killed him, ending the duel in what is clearly a lose, but TECHNICALLY a no contest, thereby keeping Yusei alive)
    B, The opponents Choking on an Idiot ball with no real or just flimsy justification behind it (LDS trio VS Kurosaki, they'd have won if they either Attacked instead of used Lady Lazuli or if Hokuto had kept one of Pleides' materials around, which he was smart enough to do Previously)

    under that........Kurosaki basically had no real plot armor after Season 1. in the grand scheme of things all he really contributed was exposing Sora and Dennis, and establishing that Syncrho/Fusion/Xyz Duelists >>>>> Standard Duelist not named Reiji or Yuya.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  10. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Worse, but not by as much as most would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    His win loss record isn't fantastic, but that's because he only duels the Yus, and his strategy is still effective.
    I just wanted to take a moment to say that I appreciate your level-headedness about this so very much. Most everyone else just ragged on Aster for not having any wins, never mind the context of the Duels or how he played in them. You're the first person to acknowledge that and give a fair opinion on his Arc-V Dueling tenure.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •