User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Yugioh Arc- V Duelist Power Ranking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    HOWEVER, Shun dueled Dennis before in a completely irrelevant duel with no result
    That Duel was certainly not irrelevant. It was set-up and foreshadowing for their second Duel so that siad Duel would have some form of precedence.

That said, Crow beat Shay, but when you take into account that the Duel showcased them to be even, I'd say they're both respectably even with each other.

Honestly, this fanbase in general tends to take win/loss Duels records too much as the gospel, and in the handful of times were they will actually take the entire context and ambiance of a Duel into perspective, it's usually only to help push their biases for or against a character, meaning they often aren't actually taking everything into context.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment to say that I appreciate your level-headedness about this so very much. Most everyone else just ragged on Aster for not having any wins, never mind the context of the Duels or how he played in them. You're the first person to acknowledge that and give a fair opinion on his Arc-V Dueling tenure.
    Cheers. That being said, don't appreciate me too much; I can be a bit blind to flaws of the series because I adore it so much.

And I tend to analyse the series quite a bit, so it does let me pick up on stuff that others might disregard.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Duel was certainly not irrelevant. It was set-up and foreshadowing for their second Duel so that siad Duel would have some form of precedence.

That said, Crow beat Shay, but when you take into account that the Duel showcased them to be even, I'd say they're both respectably even with each other.

Honestly, this fanbase in general tends to take win/loss Duels records too much as the gospel, and in the handful of times were they will actually take the entire context and ambiance of a Duel into perspective, it's usually only to help push their biases for or against a character, meaning they often aren't actually taking everything into context.
    The duel wasn't irrelevant, but the outcome. Sorry if I didn't made that clear.
    Besides that, I totally agree with you. Context (which is somewaht similar to the term "Plot-Armor" I'm using here) is very important if you want to rate the duelists by their actual power level.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The duel wasn't irrelevant, but the outcome. Sorry if I didn't made that clear.
    Besides that, I totally agree with you. Context (which is somewaht similar to the term "Plot-Armor" I'm using here) is very important if you want to rate the duelists by their actual power level.
    Honestly, I wouldn't even say that the outcome was irrelevant. It was its own little cliffhanger. In this case, it left the audience with the idea in their head of seeing those two Duel again, kind of like Kite and Mizar's first two Duels.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I wouldn't even say that the outcome was irrelevant. It was its own little cliffhanger. In this case, it left the audience with the idea in their head of seeing those two Duel again, kind of like Kite and Mizar's first two Duels.
    Not to mention it foreshadowed their rivalry.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Not to mention it foreshadowed their rivalry.
    True that. But even if Kurosaki had won, Dennis woudn't have revealed himself yet and they would still duel each other in the Friendship Cup, where Shun still would be suious (why does this word automatically get changed into something wrong, wtf?) about Dennis' skills.

EDIT: suious (are you kidding me??? Try to type it yourself plz...)
    Last edited by yshipster; 19th April 2017 at 02:02 PM.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True that. But even if Kurosaki had won, Dennis woudn't have revealed himself yet and they would still duel each other in the Friendship Cup, where Shun still would be suious (why does this word automatically get changed into something wrong, wtf?) about Dennis' skills.

EDIT: suious (are you kidding me??? Try to type it yourself plz...)
    Even if he did win and they did go on to have their second Duel later, it wouldn't have been the first time when one win didn't solve all the issues. It took Yusei two whole different Duels and victories to break though to Akiza, for example.

(Yeah, that is weird. You might want to PM a mod or admin about that. It seems like a swear filter on the fritz or something, which would be weird, as this forums doesn't even filter anything.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    suious, suius, SUIOUS, Suion, sus picious

Edit: seems to be the only way to write that
    Last edited by The mokey; 22nd April 2017 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would qualify them in Tiers:
    Tier 0: Zarc( cause he is the final boss and got defeated by plot-device cards).
    Tier 1 Yuya and Reiji(cause in the Arc V universe mastering the 4 sumouning methods makes you op).
    Tier 2 Yuuri, Jack and Kaito(cause they were stated in one shape or another that they were the strongest from their respective Dimension).
    Tier 2.5( Extremely competent duelists that had the spot ligth at one point and are stated to be extremely skilled ex: Serena/Sora, Yuuto/Shun, Yuugo/Crow/Rin and Yuzu/Gongenzaka).
    I don't know where i would place Reira though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    To be honest, I find Yuri to be the least skilled of the Yu's. his entire strategy is "throw Starve Venom at it". he doesn't seem to have any other Fusions (his counterparts seem to have full extra decks) and most of his threat came from Starve Venoms Anime Only burn effect (otherwise Yugo would have beaten him)

and his Ancient Gears were in a seperate deck, no Dennis BS here

Also you forgot Ray, since she apparently Solo'd Zarc the first time around
    I see your point with Yuri. I'm kinda biased and don't mind it since Starve Venom is a nice monster. But in all honesty, I wish they drove the Predaplant Counter strategy more in the show. I think that would've made Yuri look a lot better than the "throw Starve Venom out there" strategy you're mentioning. The combo loop against Yusho was pretty smart and he took 3 of the 4 Heavenly Dragons in his duel against Yuya which was also pretty impressive. But those are things he did with Yugo absorbed. I was actually tempted to write Yuri (Yugo Absorbed) when listing him but I chose not to. You make a good point though that he had no other Extra Deck monsters in the anime while all the others had at least one other instead of their Dragon.

As for Ray, I wanted to put her above Zarc but we technically never even saw her deck (another flaw with Arc-V) so I'd catch flak for listing her. Plus she also used the 4 specific cards to beat Zarc. We don't know if she's even good without them. So she's tricky to rate in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Different question: Do you think ARC-V Edo is worse than GX Edo or better?
    Good question. GX Edo started with the whole E-HERO copies and Shining Phoenix Enforcer to rival Jaden/Judai. But I really liked his Clock Tower Prison strategy in GX. That was a coherent strategy. In Arc-V, I couldn't get a sense of direction with what his monsters were trying to achieve. So I gotta go with GX Edo

---

And for this whole power ranking thing, it's totally based on a person's opinion. There's no definitive right or wrong answer. I think I mentioned in my original post that power rankings are based off of wins/losses vs the quality of opponent, boss monsters, overall deck strategy and does not include plot armor. It's honestly difficult to quantify any of those, let alone all of those together for each character. I'm just trying to have some fun and list out my opinion for the best with some combination of that criteria.

I define plot armor as what the storyline requires. As yshipster mentioned, there was no reason for the storyline and plot to have Kurosaki move on in the Friendship Cup and face Berserk Yuya. He did what he had to for his character and story and that was to expose Dennis. So naturally plot armor requires him to take the L against Crow. It was the Synchro Dimension and Crow made the cameo to play an important role and that was to get through to Yuya. So Crow had to win against to move on and progress the story and plot. But like Never Die said, a lot of duels are plot armor based so we can't just throw them all out. If you want to put Crow in Tier 2 then I can see your points and respect that.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain