User Tag List

Thread: Mistaken Accusation question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Mistaken Accusation question

If a card that was targeted by Mistaken Accusation is removed from the field, can either player activate that card again that duel?
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

2. "That target may be activated. So may that target's effects.

Mistaken Accusation reads:
    either player canactivate cards with that name, or their effects, for the rest of this Duel, except that target.
    That target is "1 face-up card on the field."

Essentially, this means that the only way for a card with that name, or an effect belonging to a card with that name, to still be activatable ---- is for it to belong to that target.

Let's assume Mistaken Accusation has resolved completely and properly.

The moment the card is no longer face-up after said resolution, it is no longer that target, and thus it no longer has the right to be activated, nor do its effects have the right to be activated. No matter how or why it stopped being face-up on the field, it has lost activation rights for this Duel.

Mistaken Accusation isn't saying "copies other than that target can't be activated", it's saying "copies can't be activated period, except that target" with a clear (or perhaps unclear) implication that "that target can easily stop being that target at nearly any time, at which point it stops escaping and is also denied.""

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    If a card that was targeted by Mistaken Accusation is removed from the field, can either player activate that card again that duel?
    if it was continous, maybe
    but no, once Mistaken Accusations effect resolves, there is nothing that can be done about it (except change the name of a card that was locked by it, GL with that)

Otherwise "As long as it remains (Face-up) on the field" would be in the text somewhere
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    if it was continous, maybe
    but no, once Mistaken Accusations effect resolves, there is nothing that can be done about it (except change the name of a card that was locked by it, GL with that)

Otherwise "As long as it remains (Face-up) on the field" would be in the text somewhere
    Hmm. Well, it says that all other copies of the card, beyond the targeted card, are locked, so would the lock be lost after it's removed from the field/flipped face-down?
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    Hmm. Well, it says that all other copies of the card, beyond the targeted card, are locked, so would the lock be lost after it's removed from the field/flipped face-down?
    Like I said, if that was the case, it would Specify "As long as that target remains on the field"

Think Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell. Once it resolves, there is nothing that can be done about it.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That target may be activated. So may that target's effects.

either player canactivate cards with that name, or their effects, for the rest of this Duel, except that target.

Essentially, this means that the only way for a card with that name, or an effect belonging to a card with that name, to still be activatable ---- is for it to belong to that target.

The moment the card is no longer face-up after said resolution, it is no longer that target, and thus it no longer has the right to be activated, nor do its effects have the right to be activated. No matter how or why it stopped being face-up on the field, it has lost activation rights for this Duel.

Mistaken Accusation isn't saying "copies other than that target can't be activated", it's saying "copies can't be activated period, except that target" with a clear (or perhaps unclear) implication that "that target can easily stop being that target at nearly any time, at which point it stops escaping and is also denied."
    Founder of the Organization, Co-Founder and Co-Chief Editor of YGOrganization.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    That target may be activated. So may that target's effects.

Mistaken Accusation isn't saying "copies other than that target can't be activated", it's saying "copies can't be activated period, except that target" with a clear (or perhaps unclear) implication that "that target can easily stop being that target at nearly any time, at which point it stops escaping and is also denied."
    Okay, so this card can potentially screw with key cards like Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer and stuff, only issue is to get the activation conditions right. That's potentially awesome. Thanks. I think I know what I'm going to replace Prohibition with in my side deck for testing...