User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 94 Discussion: Jack vs Earthbound Yliaster Emperor Z-One (not really, though)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Episode 94 Discussion: Jack vs Earthbound Yliaster Emperor Z-One (not really, though)

Jack vs Sergey comes to the conclusion. Jack proves why he is the King and how he is the HOPE of the Tops and Commons. Sergey using his Earthbound mortals while parodying the Yliaster Emperors (or simply Aporia; just look at his huge hand) and Z-One (using a machine hand to draw cards). Why didn't the writer give him the Earthbound cards from the start? It would hype him up much more than his Thorn Prisoners did.

Anyway, we got a Burning Soul reference this time and Roget breaks down once again (I love it when his plans got foiled).

Spoiler Alert!
    No evolution for Red Daemon's, but I guess it's fine. His opponent was just Sergey. And I doubt Sergey is dead. He might come back in the future. A la Aporia style. Remember Aporia coming back twice? You cannot kill Aporia without Granel screwing his life up again.^^

Speaking Aporia... ZETSUBOU vs KIBOU('OU HOPE)!
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sergey's evolution was that of a man who seemed heartless and soulless in life, but in what was apparently his death, he slowly showed more and more humanity. His eventual redemption is quite tragic, but he comes to his own understanding of himself and his surroundings. It is very subtle, but the theme of humanity itself is expressed, and it has a lot more depth than people are giving it credit for.

No, Sergey did not go out a hero, nor was he meant to be one. His circumstances were that he was essentially enslaved, and broke free, both literally and metaphorically. You can also argue that the episode shows a disdain for "degenerate" deck strategy as a whole. In the end, Sergey's redemption is not meant to be the same as Shingo's, but it is meant to be something a little different entirely. Sergey regained what he had lost, and what was implied he never had.

It's very clever writing, although that's partly why I can understand why some people won't understand it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Episode. Action Cards were treated like it was nothing( this things should not exist at first place), the duel was intense, even if Jack didn't showed any sign of struggle, Roger getting mad was fucking nuts, the preview is making me hype too much and was the first time Reiji did a "non-hostile" smile

Spoiler Alert!
    Also Speaking about Reiji, that dumb facial expression he made was priceless

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally an episode I enjoyed again. I really like that both Jack and Sergey chose to ignore the Action Cards at the end. If only one of them did it then I would've said that that person held back and an asterisk goes next to the winner in my mind. But both of them chose to ignore so that keeps my mind at ease.

Tbh the new Earthbounds didn't have that same magnitude and feeling that the original 5D's ones had. The original Earthbounds were gigantic and could attack directly which made them a threat. Griffin and Kraken were good but not great. But this new Fusion Earthbound Servant Geo Glasya-Labolas gave me that same feeling mainly because of how gigantic it was.

We got classic Jack stuff which was also nice to see considering how many of us have been complaining that all Jack has done so far is give death stares. Impressive win that shows he is the Duel King for a reason. Sergey went back to saying that "beautiful" comments that he was saying when he dueled Yuzu. And seeing Roger go bananas makes me laugh out loud.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger flipping his shit was the best part of the episode, along with Jack boasting about his soul and rescuing Sergey (even THE MAN cried). Sergey officialy becomes the first death in Arc-V, but not before dying like a man (or will he live a la Aporia just to be killed by Roger using Neo New Timelords?).

Sergey's Earthbound cards were good, but Glasya-Labolas was a bit lackluster. Jack's cards were the typical anime situational bullshit, but Engrave Soul Light looked so good animation-wise and effect-wise. Abandoning Action Cards was the best part of the Duel.

Did Roger hit freaking Yuzu in the preview?
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 25th February 2016 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He shoved her out of the screen, but I wouldn't put a strike past him.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it bad that I want yuya to lose against jack and learn to better himself? I always felt main character loses were important when it came to game animes, but yugioh always fucked it up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, now I can properly review this episode, goodness me I don't even remember if I did the last one.

Ladies and gentlemen, Jack may have barely appeared, but by the gods he has not been wasted. This duel pretty much confirms what I've suspected for a while; Jack is above all else but the highest levels of dueling. For all his stoicism outside the arena, he's still JACK ATLAS. His duel with Sergey is as meticulously calculated as his match with Yuya, exemplified by his tracking of Sergey's movements to take advantage of an opening in his swings. In addition he basically fights the entire match with Scarlight, and just hearing it called "Red Demons" makes it feel closer to the original Red Dragon. And "my very soul", oh how I have missed that.

Sergey on the other hand returns to his full monstrous glory. His Gremlin monsters were potent but underwhelming, but his more powerful boss monster was definitely in the class of the previous two. I can't help but wonder if the Japanese got cold feet regarding Sergey's Thorn Prisoners and that's why he has the new Earthbounds. His demise...I'm still not sure whether it's permanent or not, but I don't think that we'll be seeing Sergey again. His role as a character and an opponent has come to a close.

But Roget...oh, Roget. Possibly one of my favourite antagonists in the series, and boy does he know how to breakdown. There is little to say; it is glorious to see.

A fantastic episode of rising hope for the good guys. This is the king. This is what Yuya is trying to bring. Roget is failing. The end.
    Sanokal

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    But Roget...oh, Roget. Possibly one of my favourite antagonists in the series, and boy does he know how to breakdown. There is little to say; it is glorious to see.
    Damn Right! I almost felt like making a 5 hours loop of the part when he screams "SERGEY!!!".
    (This post is always treated as a "Personal Opinion" post.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt the episode was dumb on a lot of levels (most of which involved Sergey). Roger's villainous breakdown was fairly entertaining, though.