User Tag List

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Manga Discussion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Manga Discussion

Discuss Kageyama Naoyuki's alternate universe manga of the GX anime, including a more serious take of Manjoume.

Registered User shounenprotagrl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My absolute favorite version of every character.

I LOVE anime!Manjoume but he got sidelined way too badly for a rival. His manga counterpart isn't a Kaiba ripoff either. Though more reserved and serious, Manjoume is still quite friendly and amiable. He's a lot like 5D's Yusei now that I think about it. His intertwined past with Judai is also a nice touch.

The comedy is top-notch too. Doesn't have a great villain (not even close) but Koyo Hibiki and the tragic back story and dimensions he adds to Judai brings a tear to my eye. Every time I reread the flashback of Koyo's collapse, I get some serious sadness going on.

It's too bad Johan doesn't get a particular role. He and Judai literally just exchange one line and then it was goodbye. Their friendship love is the only thing I liked in the GX anime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other versions of YGO haves never been able to surprise me in terms of Duel results like the GX manga does.

I'll leave at that. If you haven't read it, READ IT.

Also.

It was a Happy Duel.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the concept of the planetary monsters. Seems really interesting. They need to do more stuff like that.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    I liked the concept of the planetary monsters. Seems really interesting. They need to do more stuff like that.
    Before doing more stuff like that, they really should finish the Planetary Series once and for all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The manga for GX had a focus on Jaden early on INCLUDING where he got his deck from originally and gives Chaz an actual boss monster
    Try reading manga raw. You will see it is special more than manga book.
    Go there and feel jpmangaraw.com

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    Before doing more stuff like that, they really should finish the Planetary Series once and for all.
    I think they heard you...

Maybe if I pray loud enough, they will grant us main deck Masked HEROs and Solidroids.

This series turned out a lot of awesome decks that deserve some OCG love. From Asuka's Ice-Counter pioneering to the concept of Misawa's Yokai deck. Vision HEROs... I even liked Fubuking's Sphere archetype and I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of those realized irl. Seka's snakey deck was even kind of fun. It's too bad they weren't Venom monsters.

I don't think any of these manga that have come out since this one have really had as interesting a variety of decks featured.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 19th October 2016 at 08:41 AM.