Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Deck limit increase!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra Deck limit increase!

The title is pretty self explanatory.
    What do you guys would think about an increase of the Extra Deck limit? If so, to how many?

This is something I've been thinking lately, as I would love to use more Extra Deck monsters, but just don't have enough space.
    I would like the limit to be increased. Why? Because I like diversity and, personally, would like to see more monsters. Maybe to 20, no more.
    When Fusion Monsters were the only ones to occupy the Extra Deck, the limit was already 15. Nowadays we have tons of new Fusions and Synchros and Xyz. Keeping the limit at 15 seems obsolete.
    Though it would have a price, as it would also favour already strong decks with more tools for them to use. However, those decks already have all the tools they need. Nevertheless, an increase would allow them to use niche tools. That means certain decks would use those added spaces to use more Xyz, as it's the most popular Summoning mechanic. And cards like Ptolemaeus (which is, fortunately, currently forbidden) would have space for more fodder. So maybe certain rules could be created? Like limiting the quantity of each Summoning mechanic present on the Extra Deck? Would this work?
    15 is a good number, though.

Opinions?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im fine with 15 on my Ekustora Dekki, increase the limit could unbalance the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15 is fine, I would like it to have it at 18 or 20 and get more Extra Deck options, but that would be an annoyance agaisnt meta Decks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually found I really only use 8 or less extra deck cards; the other 7 I only use occasionally. I think they could actually decrease the limit and make extra deck monsters more valuable, rather than just a toolbox.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it could be bumped up to 20 and be just fine. Anything more than that, though, and it's going to be a pain to regulate.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, meta decks would love it, definitively.

Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I've actually found I really only use 8 or less extra deck cards; the other 7 I only use occasionally. I think they could actually decrease the limit and make extra deck monsters more valuable, rather than just a toolbox.
    Well, I don't use my 15 in one duel. Nor in a match. But I know if I had more of a certain Level/Rank, I could make use of them. And not all of them are toolbox. The ones people use the most kinda work that way, yeah, and that's what I would be afraid of too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like to compensate for that, they'd have to somehow slow down the pace at which you can summon from the hand/main deck. Would bumping the main deck minimum to 50 have much effect, I wonder?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Drifting Ghost & Winter Blossom coming in SHIV, I think that bumping the extra deck to 18 isn't a ludicrous idea, but something I don't see happening.
    Donīt forget to have fun and ENJOY.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say up it by 5. Make it an even 20. But no more than that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    I feel like to compensate for that, they'd have to somehow slow down the pace at which you can summon from the hand/main deck. Would bumping the main deck minimum to 50 have much effect, I wonder?
    That's also something I had thought. Nowadays, with the immense search power there is, a shuffled deck is almost the same as an ordered pile of cards (I'm using a hyperbole here). Bumping the minimum limit could slow down some decks, but not much, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakinus View Post
    With Drifting Ghost & Winter Blossom coming in SHIV, I think that bumping the extra deck to 18 isn't a ludicrous idea, but something I don't see happening.
    Nice pointed. But yeah, I don't see an increase happening in the future too.