User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which is your ranking of the yugioh series?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    both the twins, Aki and Demak were fucked over by crow being forced into the story

That said, its not like Sayer had a chance to do anything with her, Asalla Piscu fucked his HQ up good (and his face)
    while he (somehow) lived, there was no way he had the resources to make any move on her
    Didn't they end up reworking all the cult stuff because of Carly's seiyuu? It'd explain more than just Crow doing everything; let's be real, an entire season of filler wasn't Crow's fault. And Sayer came back and l got arrested; I wouldn't put much past him if he got plot armour.

On another note, while I do acknowledge that Crow was going to be the Final Boss of the Dark Signers arc I'm so glad that didn't happen. Goodwin was far better an antagonist. Crow would probably have been proto-Shinji.

Anyway, my ranking is:
    ARC-V: Easily my favourite; a diverse cast with few characters that I outright hate and one of the best antagonists so far (Roget). Excellent twists and plenty of questions to keep me interested. So far it's been excellent.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The classic, what we all grew up with. Probably some of the best feels and relationships in all the series, the best mythology and most of the best villains. Marred only by the filler seasons and the animation after the second season.

5D's: Excellent cast; even if half of them got shafted, and some good antagonists including one of my personal faves. Badass monsters and a very intriguing overarching plot.

ZEXAL: I genuinely enjoyed watching this because of Shark, Kite, and later Vector, as well as Doctor Faker. Sadly the dueling devolved into the Magic Poker Equation and Poor Predictable Rock and lots of things got shafted (mainly Shark's Numbers and Kite in ZEXAL II.)

GX: I couldn't watch this without comparing it to the original and finding it inferior. Starting off with half a season of filler didn't help, nor did having so much in season two. That being said I adored the fourth season even if I didn't like Jaden's new attitude.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Didn't they end up reworking all the cult stuff because of Carly's seiyuu? It'd explain more than just Crow doing everything; let's be real, an entire season of filler wasn't Crow's fault. And Sayer came back and l got arrested; I wouldn't put much past him if he got plot armour.
    They reworked Yliaster from Ancient cult to timetravelers, "Forgot" the Arcadia Movement and basically reset Jack over that one. the rest was Crow being forced into the plot to sell blackwings
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, break up your sentences better, that was a bitch to read. Line break is your friend
    FUCKING VIRTUAL WORLD provided no backstory we didn't already have (obviously minus the stuff Noa was involved with) and the biggest issue was that it was ultimately pointless, Noa was after Kaiba, everyone else just HAPPENED to be there with him....in a Blimp.....over the fucking pacific ocean. None of it concerned the Main group other then the fact they happened to be there. They had no personal connection to any of it nor did any of the villains have one to them. and while the Deckmaster thing was nice, it was just fluff. completely uneeded.

as for GX and Character development, Aside from the main group in season 3, all of it was more or less off screen and especially in Zane's case, extremely forced.

for Kotori, nothing needs to be said, only needs to be burned.
    For teh Emperors, you forgot Alit (and I personally don't really consider Shark or Rio to be members, given they were essentially seperate characters for most of the show) who had:
    A, a damn good deck and good duels to go with
    B, A fucking personality
    C, a relationship with the MC, one that goes beyond "I'm Evil and want to shadow realm you for reasons"
    Already mentioned Gilag, and Durbe could have used more of a personality
    Sorry for that,its a bad habit of mine since i am not used to the forums much(and i tend to storm through while typing).
    You mean to say learning who the big 5 are and why they betrayed Kaiba and sided with Pegasus to overthrow him was not important backstory?
    Or who Gozaburo was and how Kaiba become the president at such a young age?
    Or how Gozaburo mold Seto to become the asshole he was in the beggining?
    It was concerning the main group a little as they helped kaiba escape the virtual world back when they were in kaibaland effectively scewing up the big 5's plan,true Noah did not care much about them but they were connected a little to big 5(very little)and as i already said the virtual world arc was badly placed.
    I know what you did last summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're not including arc v, since it so far has succeeded the others in my opinion, here's how I'd rank them.

1. Zexal and 5ds: I feel like these both are equally good since zexal had the shit beggining, but made up for it with its villians while 5ds had much better characters, but the story kind of fell flat between season 1 and 2 (it seemed like they tried to tie the two together, but it didn't work)

3 (or 2, idk which). DM. mostly just nostalgia, but going back and watching episodes, it was really boring. Most duels were won using the iconic monsters, but I liked the idea of having an upgraded boss monster.

4 GX. Could we not have a more scattered plot? At least the others were tied to each other. Perhaps its just me watching it in english and thinking "boy, did they mess this up"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    Sorry for that,its a bad habit of mine since i am not used to the forums much(and i tend to storm through while typing).
    You mean to say learning who the big 5 are and why they betrayed Kaiba and sided with Pegasus to overthrow him was not important backstory?
    Or who Gozaburo was and how Kaiba become the president at such a young age?
    Or how Gozaburo mold Seto to become the asshole he was in the beggining?
    It was concerning the main group a little as they helped kaiba escape the virtual world back when they were in kaibaland effectively scewing up the big 5's plan,true Noah did not care much about them but they were connected a little to big 5(very little)and as i already said the virtual world arc was badly placed.
    No actually, none of that was really important and most of it was established already

it was basically more details into what we already knew had happened

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Start from the worse to better

GX: Episodes are not linked with each other, making GX storyline weak. Some characters don't have enough development or were tossed away, like Manjoume. And speaking about Manjoume (or Chazz), compared to his Manga counterpart he is total dumbass. Now backing to the Lack of character development aspect, oll other characters seems like bags for Judai to carry, the whole show is Judai-Centered. One of the few positive points of GX is Judai having many rivals, which fortunally happens in Zexal.

DM: Well, the game wasn't solid at the first 20-30 episodes, but this doesn't matter at all. Overall the show is good, characters had enough development, storyline was intresting, even the fillers. Just the last arc was a letdown, there is no Duel in it, its yugioh how can they solve things without duels ?

Zexal: First of all. Zexal introduces my favourite Summoning Method, and obiviously the best Extra Deck Summon. They kinda dropped the bar a little bit, comparing to the mature environment 5D's had. At the begining Yuma was only a douchebag, and i had no faith in Zexal i kinda dropped it, but after 2 months i returned to watch the show, and the first time Kaito faced Yuma, it restored my faith in Zexal, now the show would go somewhere, the first season was good Main characters had enough Development, the antagonist was a real antagonist. Second Season ownards the show evolved, the plot was intresting, Vector fucking ruled, Shark became relevant.

ARC-V: Stays here in second, since is not complete, i won't do a full Review yet

5D's: Is the best, it was Mature and a bit Darky, going back to the roots. Dark Singners arc was awesome, the main Villan was incredible and have a view. The main character had a decent Rival, Akiza is the first main female character that does not need to be shielded by the Protagonist, unfortunally Crow stole all her spotlight. luckly Crow became a decent character. Yliaster arc was great, its a shame that the show became a bit of Yusei-Centered, but the good storyline and how it develops, could cover this. Z-One was a good antagonist, his goals were, the goals of a villain. The show has some complex themes like, humanity's Greed, social segregation. The most well-made yugioh series ever made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    Please go on about Vector,i don't mind as he is Vector after all but for me the fact that he turned good at the last moment really ruined his character even though apart from that he was a pretty enjoyable/awesome villain.About Z-one what was dissapointing?Would you prefer he was the ' i am the future you' trope that has been done to death?Bakura may not be your kind of villain then,unlike Vector he was not a troll kind of villain but damn did he know how to plan ahead which is why his plans succeded despite the fact he lost every duel he was in.Don't worry about that but if you would not mind i am interested to hear as to why you put each series one over the other even if the gap is small.
    First off, a trope is not the same as a cliche. I would much rather have Z-ONE be a future Yusei than a Yusei cosplayer. Bakura was awesome, but he was a lot cooler in the manga, where he slaughtered tons off people in the memory world arc. As for Vector, I don't think his turning good ruined him at all. Yuma deciding to die with Vector was evidence of Yuma growing as a character, and Vector deciding to not kill him was a rational choice, especially considering that he had recently regained memories of himself not being a dick and so was probably a bit confused at the time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I Start from the worse to better

GX: Episodes are not linked with each other, making GX storyline weak. Some characters don't have enough development or were tossed away, like Manjoume. And speaking about Manjoume (or Chazz), compared to his Manga counterpart he is total dumbass. Now backing to the Lack of character development aspect, oll other characters seems like bags for Judai to carry, the whole show is Judai-Centered. One of the few positive points of GX is Judai having many rivals, which fortunally happens in Zexal.

DM: Well, the game wasn't solid at the first 20-30 episodes, but this doesn't matter at all. Overall the show is good, characters had enough development, storyline was intresting, even the fillers. Just the last arc was a letdown, there is no Duel in it, its yugioh how can they solve things without duels ?

Zexal: First of all. Zexal introduces my favourite Summoning Method, and obiviously the best Extra Deck Summon. They kinda dropped the bar a little bit, comparing to the mature environment 5D's had. At the begining Yuma was only a douchebag, and i had no faith in Zexal i kinda dropped it, but after 2 months i returned to watch the show, and the first time Kaito faced Yuma, it restored my faith in Zexal, now the show would go somewhere, the first season was good Main characters had enough Development, the antagonist was a real antagonist. Second Season ownards the show evolved, the plot was intresting, Vector fucking ruled, Shark became relevant.

ARC-V: Stays here in second, since is not complete, i won't do a full Review yet

5D's: Is the best, it was Mature and a bit Darky, going back to the roots. Dark Singners arc was awesome, the main Villan was incredible and have a view. The main character had a decent Rival, Akiza is the first main female character that does not need to be shielded by the Protagonist, unfortunally Crow stole all her spotlight. luckly Crow became a decent character. Yliaster arc was great, its a shame that the show became a bit of Yusei-Centered, but the good storyline and how it develops, could cover this. Z-One was a good antagonist, his goals were, the goals of a villain. The show has some complex themes like, humanity's Greed, social segregation. The most well-made yugioh series ever made.
    In defense of Memory world, that was actually somewhat the point
    Originally, Games decided everything, Keyword "Games" not "Duel Monsters". Duel monsters was honestly a diviation in the original concept so Memory world was more returning to roots in that one. That and aside from the fact that they were IN A giant TTRPG, it would have been EXTREMELY out of place to actually have proper duels there to begin with. also there was 2 duels, Bakura VS Kaiba at the very start and Bakura clone VS Normal!Yugi

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    First off, a trope is not the same as a cliche. I would much rather have Z-ONE be a future Yusei than a Yusei cosplayer. Bakura was awesome, but he was a lot cooler in the manga, where he slaughtered tons off people in the memory world arc. As for Vector, I don't think his turning good ruined him at all. Yuma deciding to die with Vector was evidence of Yuma growing as a character, and Vector deciding to not kill him was a rational choice, especially considering that he had recently regained memories of himself not being a dick and so was probably a bit confused at the time.
    Actually if you recall, when Vector regained his true memories, he instantly used them to trick Nasch into attacking before Switching back to ...well VECTOR. hell he knew about DonK's Manipulation to begin with, he wasn't confused in the slightest. all of which makes the sudden change more and more out of character.

yes the whole thing speaks volumes about Yumas Character, but it would have been more in character for Vector to try and Drag Yuma down out of Spite (ie, is motivation for LITERALLY EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE UP TIL THEN)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No actually, none of that was really important and most of it was established already

it was basically more details into what we already knew had happened
    Out of all the 3 instances i mentioned which one was that was established?Unless i don't remember correctly i am pretty sure none of those things were explained elsewhere apart from that arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Yes but if a trope is done to death it becomes cliche,the writers had us fooled as when we saw Z-one's face we thought he was yusei yet they gave us something new and interesting,and surprisingly the fact that him being a Yusei cosplayer added more to his character and made him better than he would have been had he been a future Yusei.
    As for Vector turning him turning good would not have ruined him..........had he not been the person that killed Nasch and his sister because he did not like Nasch and guess why he did not like Nasch?Because he did not like his voice.The first thing he does when he regains his memories is use them to trick Nasch,not to mention he admits he knew Don screwed with his memories but did not care at all since he was content with who he was.And guess what he does right after yuma tries to save him?He tries to take him down with him since he was going to die anyways,so that last second him turning around is sudden and contradicts his whole character.
    I know what you did last summer.