User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which is your ranking of the yugioh series?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Fucking. Genius.
    #CheeseforWriter

would explain why our lists are almost opposites, I prefer the more serious tone's. Arc V hits right at home on that one. silly, but extremely serious when you actually stop and think about it. a little Too serious at times though....

- - - Updated - - -

well the MC getting more duels (and the way the tourny was setup means the winner of it naturally appears more) is to be expected. the Fortune cup is easily one of the best written arcs ever IMO.
    I would be fine with him just getting more duels, but Jack AND Aki losing their duels so that Yusei had to win 3 times in a row really bugged me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    Shining Draw took some serious fucking balls to write in. And I loved it. YGO reached the point of self-parody. For the kids, Shining Draw was a neat superpower that was used sometimes. I think it was also intended to be a send-up to older fans that basically says "yeah, this show is ridiculous and we all know that, so screw it, we're going all-in". It was good to them poking fun at themselves. Let's face it, every Duelist ever has used Shining Draw every turn, there just weren't flashy lights and all caps screaming to accompany it.
    So much this. I can't believe how people complain about the special draws in Zexal and action cards. Not only does shining draw mean that the perfect topdecks that every character gets is explained, but action cards mean that duelists don't have to fill their deck with situational burn negation.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    Let's face it, every Duelist ever has used Shining Draw every turn, there just weren't flashy lights and all caps screaming to accompany it.
    Best perspective I've seen so far. And I agree so much with it!

And nice to see someone who liked Zexal! You have to agree it had some plot holes and bad stuff. Like, Kite could slow down time, but he only did it twice. Why?
    And I liked Zexal especially because it had some very good mood, you know? Except the last season, where Yuma cried a lot. But even there, it was cool. Good duels. The cards were too OP, though. But Vector alone was the star of the show. That revelation... Wicked.
    I liked Yuma's character, but I didn't like Yuma that much, but that's probably because there were some very cool characters in Zexal. I liked the Archlight brothers. Their position in the series, combined with their decks, man, so awesome. Anna Kaboom was cool too, liked her deck a lot.
    Both Shark and Kite were good characters as well. They were badass. Oh, and that part when Shark, out of the blue, pulls a Chaos Xyz Evolution? Man, he did it because he was a Barian Emperor, and they kept that hidden for so long, but they were already thinking about it! I liked that a lot!
    I agree with what you say about "past life robot Illuminati from the future". That came out of nowhere. 5D's was two series. I mean, you could have had the second without having the first, in a way.
    And in Zexal, the duels weren't boring long, unlike 5D's. 5D's duels were so long... But, to you all, I'm not saying 5D's sucked. It didn't. Entirely. I liked Jack and even Crow a lot. Crow's dream being shattered when he found out Goodwin was his hero was pretty dramatic. I liked that. Yusei was cool too, great character, in my opinion. But he had that main character immunity. Strongest, unbeatable. That's not how things should have worked. I liked the fact Yuma never won against Kite, for instance.
    And, Cheesedude, I guess my favorite duel was Nash vs. Quattro. Because I like Gimmick Puppets a lot, and because it was a serious duel. It wasn't just a duel. Shark was still a bit divided. He had accepted he was an Emperor, but he would still acknowledge Quattro as a fellow (if I remember correctly). And Quattro was finally on the good side. It was one hell of a clash.
    Finally, Vector. Vector was just wow.

My rating would be, from best to worse:
    Season 0 - Not focused on something, I liked the diversity.
    DM - Well, you can't escape nostalgia. And the characters with those non archetyped focused decks... It was just a pile of cards. And the Pot of Greed spam... Best series.
    Zexal - I could say more than I did above, but I guess it's enough.
    5D's - Found it a bit boring. It was cool. But I hated lots of things, like the villains. I just hated Aporia and Z-one.
    Gx - Never watched it, except for five episodes or so. I don't have much interest.

Regarding Arc-V: Seems to be super cool. The fact they use all summoning types is a plus. Seems to have a good story, it's dark. It's a bit slow, though. But they are able to keep things interesting.

I probably forgot to say a lot of stuff, but this is big enough already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DM > GX > Zexal > 5ds > Arc-V

DM as best because even if the Anime was a shitty adaptation from the Manga, nostalgia value and being the first gives it points above the rest.

From GX I loved everything. It had a great cast and Duel Writing. The plot was a mess, though, but every year having a different story was neat. And I grew up with it thanks to the Dub.

5ds' Fortune Cup was great, but after it the writing went down to hell. There were some moments that rose above the trash (like Clear Mind), but that quality dip really stood out. JACK ATLAS deserves a special mention as THE best thing out of it.

Zexal had a bad start along with horrible Duel Writing, but by the flipside it had cardgames Super Saiyan, gorgerous animation and solid plot structure.

Arc-V's first episodes were great, but after the Standard Arc the writing took a huge nosedive. I still loved some aspects of the following Arcs, though, and it was the first Ygo series I followed weekly. Out of all its colorful cast, Ruri and Yuri were my favorite characters.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 21st September 2017 at 12:49 AM.