User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fusion Pendulum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the most complicated, honestly. The key element for the other Pendulum Extra summons seems to be "execute the summon without the elements conventionally needed for that summon": "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" can be Xyz Summoned with monsters without a Level, while "Nirvana High Paladin" can be Synchro Summoned without a Tuner. If you asked me about a Pendulum Ritual, I'd say "Ritual Summon it without external help" (for instance, it can only be Ritual Summoned by its own Pendulum Effect) and we'd be done, but for Fusion it's a lot more complicated. My first thought would be "Fusion Summon without a Fusion card", but Yuzu has been doing it with Soprano since day one, so it's hardly something revolutionary: another would be "Fusion Summon with Materials not in the hand or on the field", but between "Odd-Eyes Fusion" and pretty much all "HERO" support we're already using materials from every place imaginable. If we go by the anime, perhaps the most likely option would be "Fusion Summon with monsters you don't control" (fitting with the GX references from Academia), but I have no idea on how to implement it with Pendulum Summons: maybe use Pendulum effects to change control and have the Pendulum Fusion be Special Summoned by its own procedure using monsters on both sides of the field?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Code View Post
    This is the most complicated, honestly. The key element for the other Pendulum Extra summons seems to be "execute the summon without the elements conventionally needed for that summon": "Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon" can be Xyz Summoned with monsters without a Level, while "Nirvana High Paladin" can be Synchro Summoned without a Tuner. If you asked me about a Pendulum Ritual, I'd say "Ritual Summon it without external help" (for instance, it can only be Ritual Summoned by its own Pendulum Effect) and we'd be done, but for Fusion it's a lot more complicated. My first thought would be "Fusion Summon without a Fusion card", but Yuzu has been doing it with Soprano since day one, so it's hardly something revolutionary: another would be "Fusion Summon with Materials not in the hand or on the field", but between "Odd-Eyes Fusion" and pretty much all "HERO" support we're already using materials from every place imaginable. If we go by the anime, perhaps the most likely option would be "Fusion Summon with monsters you don't control" (fitting with the GX references from Academia), but I have no idea on how to implement it with Pendulum Summons: maybe use Pendulum effects to change control and have the Pendulum Fusion be Special Summoned by its own procedure using monsters on both sides of the field?
    If it's about Fusion Summoning with something that hasn't been tried before, others have pointed out fusing a Fusion Monster with a Pendulum card in a Pendulum Zone. And I'm inclined to agree, because you can't normally do that.

A super poly condition is in the realm of possibility as well, but I personally doubt it since I'm thinking a certain other character may use a super poly deck gimmick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the fusion is nirvana high paladin with odd eyes rebellion dragon. New dragon master knight?