User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master plan: Malefics for a modern era

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master Plan: Malefics for a Modern Era

This is a fairly standard modern Malefic deck. There's a few techs I'm thinking about dropping, but it's basically a deck you've probably already seen.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts and questions on this build, so fire away!

Edit: oh, it changed my topic name's caps. Huh.

edit 2: it really doesn't like all-caps words, does it?
    Last edited by Megamaw; 24th March 2016 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shoot okay i'm bumping this b/c i want any sort of feedback.

anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd replace the Blue-Eyes with Rainbow Dragon and its Malefic counterpart, for more monsters that can be protected under Mound of the Bound Creator.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, but since skill drain is at 1, i would add some kaiser coloseums.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SynjoDeonecros View Post
    I'd replace the Blue-Eyes with Rainbow Dragon and its Malefic counterpart, for more monsters that can be protected under Mound of the Bound Creator.
    The idea of Blue-Eyes is it's easily searchable, and allows me to go into Synchro plays. If there were generic 12s, maybe. As it stands, Rainbow Dragon would take up main deck space and not do much, other than be another monster that fills CED's niche.

Erick, I can't seem to quote your post, but Skill Drain is actually a card I'm considering dropping. It doesn't really help my deck function at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    Looks good, but since skill drain is at 1, i would add some kaiser coloseums.
    Okay, now that I think about it, in addition to Skill Drain being one of the weaker links in my deck-- again, something that I don't really need in this build, Kaiser Colosseum would probably end up being a 'win more' card, since there's little a lot of decks can do in one turn to a Mound + Dragocytos.

I'll try it, though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rainbow also has the advantage of being able to banish from the hand in case you draw the original.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some effect negation besides Skill Drain might be useful. Like Veiler or something.
    Deck Devastation Virus could be a devastating addition, you know? But maybe more to the side, it depends. Macro Cosmos could work. Necrovalley too, as some decks still struggle against it.
    Or you could add some Cyber Dragon techs and make actual use of the Fusion monsters besides using them as fodder. Even Fusion gate could work, powering-up Da Eiza and possibly allowing you to bring FGD.
    And maybe Gustav Maxx. Not that you'll use it much, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Rainbow also has the advantage of being able to banish from the hand in case you draw the original.
    I feel like you sorely misunderstand the point of Malefic Blue-Eyes.

Blue-Eyes' advantages include:
    *Searchable en masse
    *Allows Synchro Plays with Parallel Gear
    *Fuels the Trade-In engine

Rainbow Dragon, from what I'm understanding....
    *Searchable via the same methods
    *Big Beatstick
    *Works with Mound
    -No synergy with cards that allow me to cycle my deck
    -Uses up more maindeck space than an Extra Deck Malefic
    -Cannot be used in any way with Parallel Gear, as there are no generic level 12 Synchro Monsters
    -Fills the same niche as Cyber End Dragon does

I hope this was informative why I am so adamant against replacing Blue-Eyes, an integral part of my strategy, with Rainbow Dragon, a monster whose niche is already filled by another.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Some effect negation besides Skill Drain might be useful. Like Veiler or something.
    Deck Devastation Virus could be a devastating addition, you know? But maybe more to the side, it depends. Macro Cosmos could work. Necrovalley too, as some decks still struggle against it.
    Or you could add some Cyber Dragon techs and make actual use of the Fusion monsters besides using them as fodder. Even Fusion gate could work, powering-up Da Eiza and possibly allowing you to bring FGD.
    And maybe Gustav Maxx. Not that you'll use it much, though.
    • Veiler: A card that'd seriously stop Monarchs and Skullcrobat. I'm amazed I haven't considered it in this deck.
    • DDV: Shoot, okay, yeah, this is indeed, an older deck I haven't updated in a while. Thank you for reminding me that's an option-- it will surely help.
    • Cosmos: Probably a side deck card, since it nets no inherent advantage by itself in my deck-- wait, it's at 1. Considering it in the maindeck, now.
    • Necrovalley: It's a field spell. Iiiiinteresting. I'd prefer Mound to be up. Maybe as a side tech.
    • Cyber Dragon: Hmmm, I'm not sure how I could squeeze in an entire new engine. The cards I could drop are the Decrees, Drain, possibly Truth, and possibly Ring. I'm not sure it'd be worth the effort in this build.
    • Fusion Gate: If there were more generic fusions I could go into, maybe. Maybe in a secondary build I could squeeze in a HERO engine? No, that'd only give me access to the DARK Omni HERO, which isn't that good. Maybe if Starve Venom ends up being usable.
    • Gustav: Shoot. Keep forgetting to put that one in. Thanks for the reminder. It's actually easier to do than you think, in this deck.

Well-informed, interesting techs. Thank you for your help!