User Tag List

Thread: Alien ZEFRA!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Alien ZEFRA!

So hello folks,
    In order to celebrate the launch of the Forums, I will be posting quite a few deck display topics of cool deck ideas I have toyed around with. Hopefully they can make up for the lack of articles until I get some more progress done in that department!

The first TCG deck I'd like to showcase is Alien Zefra. Everyone knows at this point that I am a TOTAL Duel Terminal Nerd, so it makes absolute sense that I'd try and figure out the best way to make Zefra's tick. What most poeple don't know is that I have a soft spot for Aliens... after all, they were the first Archetype deck that I fully constructed and used to crush all BW noobs back in their hayday... which didn't last long. Anyways, let's get this started with a picture, shall we?

So it all begins with your Aliens - Shocktrooper for the Rescue Rabbit tech, Ammonite since he is the best Tuner Ever, and an Overlord rounds out our team. Overlord is there for moral support and ofc the many OTK plays available to the deck. Otherwise, the rest of the Aliens are designed to turbo out Cosmic Fortress Gol'gar as soon as possible. Gol'Gar is your Win Condition. Don't forget that. Anyways, Rabbit -> Shocks -> King of the Feral Imps -> Searching Ammonite is literally the best opening play. Not only did you setup a Gol'Gar summon on your next turn, but you also just gained a +1 and started applying insane pressure to the opponent - they have to get rid of King of the Feral Imps or watch you snowball advantage until you are ahead by an insurmountable amount.

Then comes the main part of the deck, the Zefra cards. Now, the Zefra are a theme of DT archetypes, but we're just going to ditch all of those archetype support cards except for Deneb, since Tellarknights are that cool. Once that is done, throw in your Pendulum Monsters in a somewhat even distribution of scales, and you are all set!

But what is the synergy here? How does this deck actually do jack squat? If you are asking this, you deserve a cookie that reads 'It was right in front of your nose the whole time'. If you already know the answer, just munch down on that cookie. Basically, the Pendulum monsters in the Pendulum Zones are Face-up Spell Cards.... and when you have face-up Spell Cards and Gol'gar, that means you get awesome amounts of free counters... and if you also happen to run a Field Spell that searches a Zefra monster whenever it is activated.... yup, Gol'Gar makes your Oracle keep adding Zefra monsters, just as repetitive as a Qliphort Scout you can't seem to destroy. While you can't abuse multiple Oracle activation in the same turn, you can utilize its other effect(s) decently.

Remember, if you are fighting any EARTH deck, simply drop Chaofeng with both of your Yang Zing Zefra monsters and watch your opponent cry tears of sadness! But if you aren't, the rest of the Extra Deck is fair game to give you the chance to OTK and win the duel! If you can't OTK, gaining snowball advantage is pretty much a win condition in itself as well!

Anyways, that's the deck, hope you like it, and hopefully this inspires you revisit that Zefra archetype that you tossed by the wayside a couple of packs ago!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been apprehensive of using Rescue Rabbit in a deck with only 3 Normal Monsters. But I completely get why someone else would, even if I wouldn't. I really like what you're going for here, especially since it is coming from another Duel Terminal fan. Myself, I prefer the Gusto monsters, but that's a bit besides the point. In any case, I like what you're doing here, and would love to duel against it some time. I would swap your second King of the Feral Imps with something such as Number 52, Number 80, or even Exciton or Dark Rebellion. These cards would help cover some of your bases. I hope to see a lot more from you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    I've always been apprehensive of using Rescue Rabbit in a deck with only 3 Normal Monsters. But I completely get why someone else would, even if I wouldn't. I really like what you're going for here, especially since it is coming from another Duel Terminal fan. Myself, I prefer the Gusto monsters, but that's a bit besides the point. In any case, I like what you're doing here, and would love to duel against it some time. I would swap your second King of the Feral Imps with something such as Number 52, Number 80, or even Exciton or Dark Rebellion. These cards would help cover some of your bases. I hope to see a lot more from you!
    For this particular build, I would actually advocate keeping the second King. Getting to Ammonite quickly is crucial to the strategy. Exciton makes less sense to me in a Zefra Deck because you're going to generally be ahead in resources with all your searching, not to mention you're nuking your board in the process. If you absolutely need a board nuke, you can always use BRD (not in this exact list, just in general) with Zefraxi and Zefraxciton, so at least you're getting something back in your Extra for later.

Also, I would consider playing Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon in any build that runs Utopia Beyond, strictly for OTK shenanigans and the occasional search.

Aside from that, it's not the build I'd play (I prefer pure), but the Deck as a whole looks pretty good. Nice ideas, Quincy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    While it is a bit of a risk of drawing into multiple Normal Monsters before rabbit, it is actually mitigated in this deck due to Oracle of the Zefra. Whenever you Xyz Summon using a Zefra monster, you get to place ANY monster on top of your deck. AKA Rabbit. This helps your deck setup for big advantage plays, even if you don't draw into them to start out with. This also means you get to Rabbit faster than when using him in other decks!

But yeah, as Argor said, Exciton is not the best tech to run in Zefra.