User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [TDIL] D/D Savant Thomas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    It's only Scale 6. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Well, the monsters can also be used for Fusion fodder and Kali Yuga is still a very good card. You also have Genghis and other Ragnaroks to fetch your Xyz Material Level 8.
    Yea, I know. but all the targets I have for the Monster Effect are: Armageddon, Ragnarok and another copy of itself. and the latter seems like the most logical choice, followed by the former, if I want to go to Kali.

Speaking of, that raised a question: If I used this card's effect to summon a D/D/D from my deck, but in the same time, I use Ragnarok's Pendulum Effect to summon a D/D from my graveyard. both of which half the damage the opponent takes. would that make it 1/4?
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN!!!!

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    It's only Scale 6. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Well, the monsters can also be used for Fusion fodder and Kali Yuga is still a very good card. You also have Genghis and other Ragnaroks to fetch your Xyz Material Level 8.
    Asuming Nikola is released without the same restriction, it could become a thing. Wiki has him with said restriction though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    Asuming Nikola is released without the same restriction, it could become a thing. Wiki has him with said restriction though.
    Nikola might, but I'm fairly certain Proud Ogre doesn't -- if one's of a mind to use him, that is.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally Forgot about Proud Ogre.

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edison was a piece of crap though. Most of the things he's credited for he didn't even invent, just blocked other people's patents and stole the designs for himself. Including the lightbulb.

The card is alright, though. Can pull off some fusion/Xyz shenanigans much easier and free up a scale.
    Last edited by AccelRainbowDashley; 3rd April 2016 at 04:16 PM.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    Edison was a piece of crap though. Most of the things he's credited for he didn't even invent, just blocked other people's patents and stole the designs for himself. Including the lightbulb.

The card is alright, though. Can pull off some fusion/Xyz shenanigans much easier and free up a scale.
    Fuck you, Dr. Light, you are an asshole!
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know D/Ds have to be Fiend for consistency's sake, but damn does that thing not look like a Fiend at all. Normal looking dude stuck in a mechanic cryogenic pod.
    As for the effect, I'm not big on using Pendulums for Xyz, even if D/Ds have a lot of ways of recovering them from the grave. I'd prefer Fusion or Synchro. But its extra-deck fetching effect is pretty good, though I don't know if I prefer it over Orthros's great s/t removal effect...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediyu View Post
    Yea, I know. but all the targets I have for the Monster Effect are: Armageddon, Ragnarok and another copy of itself. and the latter seems like the most logical choice, followed by the former, if I want to go to Kali.

Speaking of, that raised a question: If I used this card's effect to summon a D/D/D from my deck, but in the same time, I use Ragnarok's Pendulum Effect to summon a D/D from my graveyard. both of which half the damage the opponent takes. would that make it 1/4?
    It would only make it 1/2 since both effects make the damage they take BECOME halved instead of halving the damage they take. It is like the old Excalibur ruling versus....any atk modifier since his attack BECOMES 4000 instead of doubling his attack or anything like that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediyu View Post

Thomas can't summon another copy of itself with its monster effect; it specifies a "D/D/D" monster, whereas D/D Savant Thomas is only a "D/D" monster.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, if the TCG wants to put some of the "D/D" Raging Masters stuff that isn't being imported in the Tins in this set to go along with Tommy and Niki, that'd be just great.