User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 99-100 Discussion: Spring Season 2016

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 99-100 Discussion: Spring Season 2016

This time we get a double episode, thanks to the stupid ping pong match that delayed episode 96. Since the new opening needs to start in the spring season, we get two episodes this time.

Speaking of the opening, we see Kaito, Asuka, Ed and five new characters. Those five characters are a meganekko, a guy who might be from a generic kids anime series, a pair of gold/silver twins, and an ugly old dude. And apparently, Yuya will gain a pair of rollerblades in the future. (Did Yuma ever have rollerblades in ZEXAL?) Thankfully, it looks like that both, Yuri and Yugo are going to re-appear. Yuri is a given thanks to Invasion of Venom, but Yugo? Well, we need Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon. Oh my Ra, even more Yugo puns that result into misunderstandings?

First of, episode 99:

Spoiler Alert!

Reiji's DDD monsters are only from Structure Deck, so no new DDDs this time. However, he introduces new DD Savants and new Dark Contracts. Even though Reiji OTK'd Roget, Roget uses holo clones of himself to re-join the duel everytime he loses, in cost of taking the penalty. However, it backfires completely, since Reiji uses a loop combo that allows him to defeat Roget everytime he re-joins the duel, making the whole "eternal duel" pointless, since it's just an eternal defeat. That's our tritragonist, ladies and gentlemen.

Yuya and Yuzu reunite... for about five minutes and now they are seperated again. Roget "died" a Disney death, but I'm sure he's still alive. Yuya, Gongenzaka, Kurosaki and Sawatari are sucked into the wormhole and stranded in the Xyz Dimension. Yuzu might be there too, since I have only seen one wormhole. Her new clothes indicate that she's there.

I give Raikiri credit points for doing nothing at all except being there only to disappear. Yes, that's sarcasm.

Now episode 100:
    Spoiler Alert!

Yuya, Gongenzaka, Sawatari and Kurosaki arrive Heartland. Kurosaki is looking for his Resistance comrades, but apparently most of them are dead now. We see a lot of "deaths", how the invasion started and how Kurosaki got the info about the Professor's son. Yuya and his schoolmates (I'm talking about their actual school, not dueling school) meet a family and protect them from Osiris and Ra students. Oh my Ra, we get even worse mooks. And Yuya gives them a complete recap for no reason and it turns out to be pointless, since they don't care and the get carded by Kaito. And yes, a new Galaxy-Eyes monster (and it got Tachyon's voice).

I have mixed feelings about the double episode.

Spoiler Alert!
    We are teased by the reunion of our alpha couple only to them to be seperated again. Please, let them reunite as soon as possible. The good thing is that she probably won't be captured by Academia for a while. But I hate the fact that the Lancers are now split in two halves.

I guess we can offically count Sora as a Lancer, but he's not with Yuya and the three guys who always called by their last names. Reiji, Reira, Tsukikage and Sora are seperated from them, and we don't even know if Jack and Crow join the Lancers at all. The situation of the City is left unclear.

It's nothing new, since the story was always written in three different paths. Yuya is the protagonist and we see him most of the time. He is the character who interacts with the citizens, how he gets stronger and how he learns about the different societies and how they conflict with his philosophy. Yuzu is the deuteragonist, who is important to the Professor's plan (we finally got the name of his plan), and she discovers and learns thing from another point of view. She is the one who interacts with all Yu4 guys and she is able to convince (important) people (who are not bad to their cores) without dueling to do something good instead of bad (Sora, Serena). Reiji is the tritragonist, who is more passive and doesn't interact with most characters, but he is the guy who tends to confront the big baddies directly when the time comes.

Next episode we have:

Spoiler Alert!

Yuya and two of the "last name trio" vs Kaito. Maybe they become friends after that duel. I wonder if Kaito calls Kurosaki by his first name.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 3rd April 2016 at 05:12 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wrong ok. It was sieg. But the duel was a complete disappointment. It was literally garbage. It may as well not have been a duel to begin with. Faget probably couldnt even beat 3 members of the obelisk force.
    The only good thing that came out of this was that D/D is going to be in The Dark Illusion. Which means they could still throw those synchros or that xyz i want in there.
    Episode rating: 1/10
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That yuya recap was super pointless, when I saw 20 seconds of it, i just started passing until something new happened. They could've at least showed kaito summoning his dragon and thennnn end the episode. Even if it was just the name of the dragon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!
    Episode 99 was awesome, and Sora, Jack and Crow are Lancers in all but names. Reiji's Duel was lackluster but we still got new cards (also Roger is a noob), and seeing Roger fall to another dimension was satisfying, Yuya being separated from Yuzu is becoming a running gag.

Episode 100 was nice for the destroyed Heartland introduciton, I only had to skip the annoying flashbacks, except Shun's ones. It was satisfying seeing Academia students getting carded, and also seeing Kaito and Neo New Galaxy-Eyes in CGI.

I liked both the new Opening and Ending.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NassX View Post
    That yuya recap was super pointless, when I saw 20 seconds of it, i just started passing until something new happened. They could've at least showed kaito summoning his dragon and thennnn end the episode. Even if it was just the name of the dragon.
    Well, you saw how the dragon looks like. The name doesn't matter that much if we see it with its effect next week anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed with just how many new characters the intro alone has introduced. I think I counted about 6 not counting the returning characters. I wonder when we are going to get a Kaito vs Shun match?
    Scooting around at the speed of sound.
    such is the way of a Sonic Duck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we had only got the typical one episode per week, I think I would've raged all over the internet if I had to wait a full week for episode 100.
    Last edited by NassX; 3rd April 2016 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we had only got the typical one episode per week, I think I would've raged all over the internet if I had to wait a full weeks for episode 100.
    Yeah, thank god that the Ping-Pong tournament saved us from that and instead gave us episode 99 and 100 in one go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we had only got the typical one episode per week, I think I would've raged all over the internet if I had to wait a full week for episode 100.
    On the other, if we didn't got a double episode and the episodes were aired during the time that was originally intended, the recaps would be a bit more effective. Still annoying and pointless, but at least we wouldn't get the same scenes twice in one day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the new OP. Though I wish there was some CGI Galaxy-Eyes goodness in it. I get a vague Droite/Gauche vibe from the two kids.