User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TDIL] Premature Return

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A really cute Esper Girl in the pic...and that's its only saving grace.

Why are there always so many dogs in my area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D.D.R but slower IMO.

In the Subterror Nemesis's we trust god bless The Hidden City.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aera644 View Post
    D.D.R but slower IMO.
    Dance Dance Revolution: Slow Dance Edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough card. I can see some plays in Shiranui.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    I actually think this card is the best it could possibly be without being unfair. It seems like a lot more thought was put into this card's design than a lot of others that have come out over the years, and I really wish that wasn't the case.
    >Implying this card's cost is a good and well thought card design.This card could have been made withought a cost and be a spell and even then it would only be decent as the fact it special summons a banished monster and in face down position is enough of a restriction.
    I know what you did last summer.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Never die View Post
    >Implying this card's cost is a good and well thought card design.This card could have been made withought a cost and be a spell and even then it would only be decent as the fact it special summons a banished monster and in face down position is enough of a restriction.
    Perhaps, but the way it is now is much more user-friendly than that; it's sort of, in a way, akin to Reinforce Truth in that regard -- sure, that downside (face-down in this case, no BP in that case) is pretty fair, but it's nice that the card's design affords us a chance to not have to be concerned about it by way of using it on the opponent's turn. You're not wrong that if it was a Spell without the banishment it'd be decent, but as it is now the way it works has some definite perks to it -- it has its downsides and its upsides, but they all kinda even out.

Here's my thinking on the matter:
    Spoiler Alert!
    The banishment can be taken advantage-of by certain decks (heck, the card itself gives a damned good serving suggestion via Esper Girl in the form of banish Psychics), but to J. Random Deck it is somewhat steep -- it encourages you to consider carefully what decks you'll be using it in, whether or not you can afford (or even benefit from) the cost reliably.
    That it's a Trap is less a curse -- no matter how 'slow' you think it's making the card -- and more a blessing, when you pair it with how the card summons a monster in face-down Defense Position. Whether you intend to do something goofy with a defensive card (e.g., someone got smart and banished Marshmacaron or one of your Yang Zing), or just want to field something in the End Phase so that you get freer access to it in your turn, the options are at least there.
    That it summons a monster in face-down Defense Position, while on paper a detriment itself (given that it will be unusable as a Synchro or Xyz Material), is at least optional by nature of the card being a Trap Card -- meaning that, essentially, you are banishing a card and waiting 'til your M1 rolls around again (plus hoping your opponent has nothing to deal with your trick, but that isn't exactly anything new) for relatively-unhindered access to whichever of your banished monsters you want access to.

All said, I'd say it's fairly well-balanced -- banishing a card for the right to have relatively-unhindered access to whichever of your banished monsters you want (including what you banished for the card itself) -- but that's just me.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love whoever made the artwork for this card

Chibi Gagagigo, goofy Knight Day Grepher, and an adorable Esper Girl all in one pic

And D.D. Crazy Beast, never thought someone would remember it exist

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inb4 Japanese Decks start maining this because Esper Butt...
    Spoiler Alert!
    I'm not sorry
    Spoiler Alert!
    Ok, I am, but just barely.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Or am I?
    Spoiler Alert!
    Maybe...
    Spoiler Alert!
    Whateves.
    Spoiler Alert!
    I'm not Melissa.
    Spoiler Alert!
    All things considered, Psy-Frame Omega can make this semi-playable, but is it worth it?
    Spoiler Alert!
    I can picture some Zombie/Shiranui Shennaniganz, but nothing impressive, unless you sack like a god, that is.
    Last edited by Icematoro; 6th April 2016 at 04:15 AM.
    Now known as [SMod]Icematoro on Devpro, yet I still don't speak in the name of it's staff.#222937 secret tem!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does everyone forget Gigobyte is a thing?
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Why does everyone forget Gigobyte is a thing?
    Eh, he looks less 'Gigobyte' and more 'in the background' or 'off-model for comedic purposes' to me; I mean, sure, the hide's a bit light, but that tail looks a bit long for Gigobyte. But, that's just me.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!