User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: TDIL - Various New Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Black Dragon Ninja doesn't seem to good to me... Am I missing something or is there a good play with that card?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iChaos-Warrior View Post
    The Black Dragon Ninja doesn't seem to good to me... Am I missing something or is there a good play with that card?
    The missing link is that if you Xyz Summon using a thing, it isn't technically 'leaving the field' (at least for the purposes of effects like that; see Miracle Fertilizer for similar shenanigans). That, or that if the opponent's field is already clogged in some way you can't actually return any of those things (assuming it's all things he banished returning, rather than a given quantity of them; at time of posting, that's still up in the air it seems).

The idea is probably to, once you've banished things you care to banish with him, Xyz for R7 and leave those things high and dry. With it sharing a level with White Dragon Ninja, it seems pretty likely that they're going for that kind of yin-yang action.

Of course, that his banish-stuff effect is a Quick Effect means that even if you're not doing this (or planning to do it) he's probably still pretty good stuff.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the hell did they choose to print Sayo?! We don't need a synchro shield wing!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why the hell did they choose to print Sayo?! We don't need a synchro shield wing!
    All 3 Blackwing synchros in this set premiered in the same duel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i noticed that but i really can't find a single good use for the card

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently decided to call Sayo, Chicken Nugget.

I see Sayo as a prank/joke. A bad one.

I don't care that it's level filler. If there's to be a level 3 Synchro BF, it at least better have a good effect that is worth it.
    I can't justify this cards use since it's that much out of the way and there's Gladius, Mistral, and many other BF tuners.
    Last edited by JTSW; 7th April 2016 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we've gotten to the point with Assault Blackwings that we've begun to gloss over the fact that they all turn into Tuners in their own archetype.

Sayo's not bad per se, he's just a Level 2 Synchro Tuner (after a fashion); admittedly, I don't really see much Syncing for 2 in BW ordinarily as it is, but it is at least an in-theme option for it. Also (when revived) a Lv2 non-Tuner; I could see that being useful alongside Sohaya if you can't quite swing a plain Sync-for-7 without.

I probably wouldn't run more than 1 Sayo, if I was to run the fella at all, but there is at least a silver lining -- just not one when you just look at how they merely have a not-so-hot Shield Wing-ish effect past the Assault standard.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    I think we've gotten to the point with Assault Blackwings that we've begun to gloss over the fact that they all turn into Tuners in their own archetype.

Sayo's not bad per se, he's just a Level 2 Synchro Tuner (after a fashion); admittedly, I don't really see much Syncing for 2 in BW ordinarily as it is, but it is at least an in-theme option for it. Also (when revived) a Lv2 non-Tuner; I could see that being useful alongside Sohaya if you can't quite swing a plain Sync-for-7 without.

I probably wouldn't run more than 1 Sayo, if I was to run the fella at all, but there is at least a silver lining -- just not one when you just look at how they merely have a not-so-hot Shield Wing-ish effect past the Assault standard.
    Problem is that, on top of being difficult to bring out (Oroshi and a Steam Token can do it but that's about it naturally because no one runs Jetstream), Sayo doesn't really add anything that the deck doesn't already do. Your play with Sohaya is notable but the average Blackwing player is probably well already on their way to getting out Nothung or any Level 7 when they're able to go into Sayo (I'm beginning to wish Chidori was a Level 8). I'd never gloss over how powerful battle destruction immunity can be but Sayo is not flexible enough to justify it.

As for the Tuner angle, problem is that it rarely comes into play. Raikiri with Steam is the most notable one. The others? Not very notable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Problem is that, on top of being difficult to bring out (Oroshi and a Steam Token can do it but that's about it naturally because no one runs Jetstream), Sayo doesn't really add anything that the deck doesn't already do. Your play with Sohaya is notable but the average Blackwing player is probably well already on their way to getting out Nothung or any Level 7 when they're able to go into Sayo (I'm beginning to wish Chidori was a Level 8). I'd never gloss over how powerful battle destruction immunity can be but Sayo is not flexible enough to justify it.

As for the Tuner angle, problem is that it rarely comes into play. Raikiri with Steam is the most notable one. The others? Not very notable.
    not to mention there is litte reason to not use formula over him
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Card of Soul is definetely of the silliest things this game has ever produced. You either draw it turn 1 or you can never expect what you can search.

Shirayuki is by far one of the worst cards in terms of (archetype?) name, design choice and effect. I'm really curious to how the rest of the Fairy Tails can fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    底なし落とし穴 Kosonashi Otoshiana (Endless Trap Hole)
    Normal Trap Card
    (1) When the opponent Summons a monster: change it to face-down Defense Position. Its Battle Position cannot be changed.

So I guess this one is going to be a real pain to face off
    Shouldn't it be "soko nashi" instead of "koso nashi"?
    Last edited by Comun; 7th April 2016 at 02:49 PM.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly