User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [ARC-V] Kaito VS Yuya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh. It's not based off an elementary particle or astronomical body at all. Interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    Huh. It's not based off an elementary particle or astronomical body at all. Interesting.
    Yeah, but the base kanji says "Galaxy-Eyes Lightwave Dragon", so it still references photons.
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrQuantumScale View Post
    I'm only getting upset about this because a while ago they had a spoiler of kaito and asuka's appearance which basically the only way to avoid it was to not be on ygorg at the time or have magical mind bleach which erased it from memory, and then had another spoiler soon after literally with "confirming kaito tenjo's appearance in arc-v" in the title... before kaito even showed up in the show or the show's previews, so without those and this, I wouldn't have even known he was a possibility until the episode actually gets subbed.

It also wouldn't be even remotely difficult to avoid this, they could've easily just put in "[ARC-V] Details about the upcoming duel!" with who it was with inside.
    I could have sworn that the bit where they first spoiled in February that Kaito and Asuka/Alexis would show up did have an intentionally-vague title ('Upcoming info about ARC-V'; a followup article that confirmed another returning character was also kept vague on purpose with '[ARC-V] News Event'). I'll grant you the more recent articles (around March 19th, concerning the 1-hour special and then one outright showing the redesigns) as being obviously-spoilery and can sympathize with you on that one -- especially now that the current layout of YGOrg kinda shoves their redesigns in your face . . .

. . . but, by this point -- when Kaito's appearance is by now the worst-kept secret since the spoilers for The Force Awakens (DN-goers will remember that rather well, immediately following Episode VII's premiere . . . ) -- I can't really see 'Kaito VS Yuya' as a spoiler on its own anymore. It's more the Rosebud of the Xyz arc, by this point; we know it's going to happen sometime (and, in relation to the article, 'upcoming' could be any amount of time from now, if my memory of how far back some of these duels have been promoted in the past isn't faulty).

Now, the contents of the article are definitely going to be spoilery, I won't deny that, but I can see that they took pains to avoid any of the nitty-gritty details from showing up even on the YGOrg site proper (only saying that the article contains 'Details about their upcoming duel!'); at that point, I feel the fault is less with the Organization and more with the reader if the reader ends up spoiled by an article like that, considering that the title and blurb should be enough to be at least somewhat-indicative of whether a person would be spoiled by the article's contents or not.

I think at this point, with this article, they've done due diligence when it comes to spoiler avoidance, but that's just my opinions on the matter -- take them with a grain of salt.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    Yeah, but the base kanji says "Galaxy-Eyes Lightwave Dragon", so it still references photons.
    That just makes it all the more odd that they went with "Cipher" then.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    That just makes it all the more odd that they went with "Cipher" then.
    I suspect there's probably a pun involved in the matter. Alas, I've not the knowhow to know what.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    I suspect there's probably a pun involved in the matter. Alas, I've not the knowhow to know what.
    Wikipedia says that Cipher is also an old English name for the number 0, so it can be a reference to numbers. Like, this is Kaito's Number 0.
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only getting upset about this because a while ago they had a spoiler of kaito and asuka's appearance which basically the only way to avoid it was to not be on ygorg at the time or have magical mind bleach which erased it from memory, and then had another spoiler soon after literally with "confirming kaito tenjo's appearance in arc-v" in the title... before kaito even showed up in the show or the show's previews, so without those and this, I wouldn't have even known he was a possibility until the episode actually gets subbed.
    "[ARC-V] Upcoming Info for ARC-V" was the title when spoilers about Kaito and Asuke were released. Any news regarding ARC-V is a spoiler, so do not read it because it's obvious that it will contain spoilers.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Wikipedia says that Cipher is also an old English name for the number 0, so it can be a reference to numbers. Like, this is Kaito's Number 0.
    Also, Photon is often said to have zero mass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshine Stardust View Post
    Also, Photon is often said to have zero mass.
    To be precise, zero rest mass; its relativistic mass is its frequency times the Planck constant over the square of the speed of light.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It also wouldn't be even remotely difficult to avoid this, they could've easily just put in "[ARC-V] Details about the upcoming duel!" with who it was with inside.
    your the one that clicked the link, anything with the [ARC V] tag in the title will be about ARC V, a spoiler 99% of the time
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.