Thread: [ARC-V] Kaito VS Yuya

The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ARC-V] Kaito VS Yuya

Details about their upcoming Duel!

Yuya duels Kaito. Yuto encourages Yuya to summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon against Kaito. Yuya ends up summoning Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon.
    Kaito is a Duelist from the Xyz Dimension who lost many of his comrades to Academia, and is filled with fury as a result.

Kaito’s new Dragon is named “Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon”
    Source: Weekly Shonen Jump
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/arc-v-kaito-vs-yuya/ - NeoArkadia

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a Photon, guess it's a good chance he's no longer running a Photon deck.

Unless it has an effect that treats it as a Photon monster........

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshine Stardust View Post
    It's not a Photon, guess it's a good chance he's no longer running a Photon deck.

Unless it has an effect that treats it as a Photon monster........
    It'll probably be a "Galaxy" deck, given how at some point in Zexal (I want to say the latter half of it? It's been a while) he switched gears towards "Galaxy" as a theme and Photon kinda fell to the wayside. Though with how Scarlight treated itself as the original RDA, I wouldn't put it past them to have this new Xyz treated as the original in name.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you YGOrg, spoilers were exactly what I wanted -__-...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    It'll probably be a "Galaxy" deck, given how at some point in Zexal (I want to say the latter half of it? It's been a while) he switched gears towards "Galaxy" as a theme and Photon kinda fell to the wayside. Though with how Scarlight treated itself as the original RDA, I wouldn't put it past them to have this new Xyz treated as the original in name.
    Maybe it will somehow be similar to the way Jack's deck moved from many general monsters in 5Ds to a more specific "Red" oriented deck in Arc-V. I'm not sure how that would look with Kaito, though. Wonder if we'd get new "Starliege" monsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kaito is the only person besides dm duelists that had side monsters I actually liked so I cant wait to see his support. if this follows jacks role then this will be a effect monster and not a xyz but if it is, then who knows. Maybe it will be a extra deck or special summon killer in that it negates and strengthen or it helps summon the galaxy xyz monsters

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbrax1996 View Post
    kaito is the only person besides dm duelists that had side monsters I actually liked so I cant wait to see his support. if this follows jacks role then this will be a effect monster and not a xyz but if it is, then who knows. Maybe it will be a extra deck or special summon killer in that it negates and strengthen or it helps summon the galaxy xyz monsters
    Kaito in the new opening theme is holding an Xyz card. Unless they for whatever reason is putting Cipher's upgrade on the opening before Cipher even debuted, I don't think GEPD's Arc-V counterpart will be a standard Effect monster.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrQuantumScale View Post
    Thank you YGOrg, spoilers were exactly what I wanted -__-...
    Y'know, while a Kaito VS Yuya duel was sort of inevitable at this point, I can see where the article's contents could be spoilers (the Yuto and the what Yuya'll summon bit). And yet, I find it hard to sympathize with you in this case when you could have just avoided reading an article with a title like this which pretty much wears an Entermate-hued neon 'POTENTIAL SPOILERS' sign on its front.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Maybe it will somehow be similar to the way Jack's deck moved from many general monsters in 5Ds to a more specific "Red" oriented deck in Arc-V. I'm not sure how that would look with Kaito, though. Wonder if we'd get new "Starliege" monsters.
    That definitely seems likely, and also is why I'm thinking they'll go with the Galaxy name over the Photon name; Photon kinda felt like it was geared towards summoning all the different Numbers he was busy collecting (R3, R4, R9, R[etc.]), while Galaxy seemed more focused on getting Galaxy-Eyes and his R8 upgrades out -- and when we already know his new ace is R8, it just seems even likelier that they'd gravitate towards the latter than the former.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Organization Messenger View Post
    Kaito is a Duelist from the Xyz Dimension who lost many of his comrades to Academia, and is filled with fury as a result.

Literally the first thing I thought upon reading that last sentence.
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Y'know, while a Kaito VS Yuya duel was sort of inevitable at this point, I can see where the article's contents could be spoilers (the Yuto and the what Yuya'll summon bit). And yet, I find it hard to sympathize with you in this case when you could have just avoided reading an article with a title like this which pretty much wears an Entermate-hued neon 'POTENTIAL SPOILERS' sign on its front.
    I'm only getting upset about this because a while ago they had a spoiler of kaito and asuka's appearance which basically the only way to avoid it was to not be on ygorg at the time or have magical mind bleach which erased it from memory, and then had another spoiler soon after literally with "confirming kaito tenjo's appearance in arc-v" in the title... before kaito even showed up in the show or the show's previews, so without those and this, I wouldn't have even known he was a possibility until the episode actually gets subbed.

It also wouldn't be even remotely difficult to avoid this, they could've easily just put in "[ARC-V] Details about the upcoming duel!" with who it was with inside.