Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [TDIL] D/D Savant Thomas

The Ender of Misinformation Organization Messenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[TDIL] D/D Savant Thomas

Konami’s revealed one of Reiji’s new Pendulums from his Duel with Roger!

DD Madou Kenja Thomas / D/D Savant Thomas
    Level 8 DARK Fiend-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
    ATK 1800
    DEF 2600
    Pendulum Effect:
    You can only use the Pendulum Effect of “D/D Savant Thomas” once per turn.
    (1) During your Main Phase: You can activate this effect; Add to your hand 1 face-up “D/D” Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck. You can only use this Pendulum Effect of “D/D Savant Thomas” once per turn.
    Monster Effect:
    You can only use the Monster Effect of “D/D Savant Thomas” once per turn.
    (1) You can target 1 “D/D” card in your Pendulum Zone; any battle damage your opponent takes becomes halved for the rest of this turn, also destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon in Defense Position 1 Level 8 “D/D/D” monster from your Deck, but its effects are negated this turn.
    For those not catching the name, it’s a reference to Thomas Edison, the man who invented the basis of the modern light-bulb (and held many other key patents such as for movies).
    Source
    ------ https://ygorganization.com/tdil-dd-savant-thomas/ - NeoArkadia

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, let's see:

1) It can quickly fetch Keplers and Newtons to complete its Scale.
    2) It's a fast Kali Yuga that also loads your Extra Deck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kali Yuga turbo go go go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D/D Rank 8 Turbo might be a thing. And its also a way to recover the lost Keplers and Pendulums you cannot Summon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pendulum Effect: I can fetch back my Kepler or Newton with this, or eve better, Orthros, so I can use its Pendulum Effect to pop a backrow from my opponent and Thomas, then use either a Kepler or Newton to complete the scale and Pendulum Summon Thomas and other monsters if available, which will make me use its Monster Effect, speaking of which...

Monster Effect: At first glance, all you'd think of is "OMG A KALI TURBO", but in reality, this effect is somewhat garbage. not only it halves the damage your opponent takes, it summons the monster from deck only, in defense position no less, and with a negated effect? I mean, I can't even use Ragnarok's effect to fetch another D/D/D from my grave with it.
    But yea, I guess the only thing it was meant for is Kali Yuga, or any other Rank 8 D/D/D monster if a new one is used in today's episode.
    RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINN!!!!

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's important to note that it doesn't have a restriction on what you can pendulum summon like Copernicus and Newton. Time to start playing Apex Avian in DD's.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's more like it.

So I guess D/D Savant Nikola. It's too bad all D/Ds are fiends. Nikola should be a spellcaster.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 3rd April 2016 at 09:47 AM.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    I think it's important to note that it doesn't have a restriction on what you can pendulum summon like Copernicus and Newton. Time to start playing Apex Avian in DD's.
    It's only Scale 6. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediyu View Post
    Pendulum Effect: I can fetch back my Kepler or Newton with this, or eve better, Orthros, so I can use its Pendulum Effect to pop a backrow from my opponent and Thomas, then use either a Kepler or Newton to complete the scale and Pendulum Summon Thomas and other monsters if available, which will make me use its Monster Effect, speaking of which...

Monster Effect: At first glance, all you'd think of is "OMG A KALI TURBO", but in reality, this effect is somewhat garbage. not only it halves the damage your opponent takes, it summons the monster from deck only, in defense position no less, and with a negated effect? I mean, I can't even use Ragnarok's effect to fetch another D/D/D from my grave with it.
    But yea, I guess the only thing it was meant for is Kali Yuga, or any other Rank 8 D/D/D monster if a new one is used in today's episode.
    Well, the monsters can also be used for Fusion fodder and Kali Yuga is still a very good card. You also have Genghis and other Ragnaroks to fetch your Xyz Material Level 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a way it's "One Card Scales" sorta, at the least it's a way to fetch Kepler's and anything else lost to the extra deck.

That monster effect makes me want to play more rank 8's.
    Stop spreading on me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with JoJo, this card is really good I must say.

Its pendulum effect is even better than Oafdragon Magician. Fetch Kepler or Newton back, and complete your Scales.

Its monster effect is a free Rank 8 card, awesome to play if you go 1st in duels. It's not restricted to Kali Yuga, you can make anything: Felgrand, Number 38, even Blue-Eyes can get benefit from this.

I can see this card as a solid 1-2 of.
    [Skill Intensifies]