User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [ARC-V] Kaito VS Yuya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    That just makes it all the more odd that they went with "Cipher" then.
    Nothing wrong with the name, I like it. I'm interested to see if they'll still follow Galaxy-Eyes' old anti-Xyz effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciphermask View Post
    Nothing wrong with the name, I like it. I'm interested to see if they'll still follow Galaxy-Eyes' old anti-Xyz effect.
    *reads your username*

I wonder why.

For me, it's more a curiosity about the etymology more than anything else. As for effect, I think it might be more similar to No. 62 than the base form, since the former is more generic. Scarright did retain destruction to reference the original. I also wonder what materials he'll be using...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNfiniTe Se7eNz View Post
    *reads your username*

I wonder why.

For me, it's more a curiosity about the etymology more than anything else. As for effect, I think it might be more similar to No. 62 than the base form, since the former is more generic. Scarright did retain destruction to reference the original. I also wonder what materials he'll be using...
    I dunno, old Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon's anti-Xyz effect was -- at its base -- generic. Just had a little extra kit for if it hit an Xyz. I could see Cipher getting something similar, but with a more general twist to fit its use by a resistance fighter against the Academia forces (detach to banish a monster [maybe even monster(s), given how Obelisk Force likes to operate?] that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, perhaps?).
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GEPD's anti-Xyz effect was fit for Kaito as a Number Hunter. Now that he is an enemy of Academia, Cipher's effect should be anti-Fusion (or anti-Extra Deck summon as a whole).
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the initial article did not include spoilers in the title.

He's probably referring to this though: https://ygorganization.com/hametsunoconfirmationstream/

In which case I suppose I could have used a a less spoilery title. My excitement got ahead of me. That being said, I would note that you're reading a YGO news site, so there is some expectation of being spoiled - just like on the wiki.

I'd wager the real game's Cipher may get a name clause so it can use some of base GEPD's support in a similiar vein to Scarlight. And like that case, the anime won't touch that issue.
    Last edited by Cheesedude; 7th April 2016 at 07:10 PM.
    "There are as many truths out there as there are people to tell them. Perhaps it's best simply to choose the truth with which you are most comfortable."
    ~ Knoll, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    . . . but, by this point -- when Kaito's appearance is by now the worst-kept secret since the spoilers for The Force Awakens (DN-goers will remember that rather well, immediately following Episode VII's premiere . . . ) -- I can't really see 'Kaito VS Yuya' as a spoiler on its own anymore. It's more the Rosebud of the Xyz arc, by this point[

Now, the contents of the article are definitely going to be spoilery, I won't deny that, but I can see that they took pains to avoid any of the nitty-gritty details from showing up even on the YGOrg site proper (only saying that the article contains 'Details about their upcoming duel!'); at that point, I feel the fault is less with the Organization and more with the reader if the reader ends up spoiled by an article like that, considering that the title and blurb should be enough to be at least somewhat-indicative of whether a person would be spoiled by the article's contents or not.
    Just because a spoiler is well-known by a lot of people doesn't make it okay to spoil it for the rest of them. Using the force awakens as an analogy: you don't know anything about the movie yet, your friend tells you that one spoiler(you know the one), would you be upset at your friend, for spoiling something before you got to watch it? Now imagine that friend is a website where you only really go to it for news on upcoming merchandise of the series, and instead of them telling you directly, a few weeks before the movie comes out, they release an article that had a picture showing a spoiler that was unavoidable unless you were off the site, which you weren't because you were there to see if there was new merchandise.

I'm not really upset about this only because of the spoiler, the main reason is because YGOrg probably knew that many people wouldn't know, and just chose to ignore that and posted the redesigns with the picture and title on the front.

I would also like to say that with the force awakens DN incident people faced consequences for spoiling...

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    "[ARC-V] Upcoming Info for ARC-V" was the title when spoilers about Kaito and Asuke were released. Any news regarding ARC-V is a spoiler, so do not read it because it's obvious that it will contain spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    your the one that clicked the link, anything with the [ARC V] tag in the title will be about ARC V, a spoiler 99% of the time
    https://gyazo.com/7ffeef2da7d0ce2d9aca002c9f05687e
    https://gyazo.com/b199097bddc51eca16a9f2337c096c5a

Yes, because I needed to click those articles to actually get spoiled about things...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedude View Post
    Well, the initial article did not include spoilers in the title.

He's probably referring to this though: https://ygorganization.com/hametsunoconfirmationstream/

In which case I suppose I could have used a a less spoilery title. My excitement got ahead of me. That being said, I would note that you're reading a YGO news site, so there is some expectation of being spoiled - just like on the wiki.
    Believe me, if I knew of a site where I could just get news on upcoming cards in the OCG and TCG, I wouldn't be here.

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    GEPD's anti-Xyz effect was fit for Kaito as a Number Hunter. Now that he is an enemy of Academia, Cipher's effect should be anti-Fusion (or anti-Extra Deck summon as a whole).
    I vote anti-special summons period. The original RDA destroyed and scarright just does it a whole lot better
    The original GEPD banished stuff so why cant this one banish everything...would be pretty broken tho.
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon looks awesome, it will probably have an anti-Special Summon effect like Shun's RR and a cluase irl to treat it as Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.

OERD is getting worfed again, either Yuya upgrades it via RUM and returns it to its debut glory or it will just stay there as the embodiment of Yuto's hatred which gets worfed again and again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This card looks so awesome! I hope it has a good effect to. And I wonder if a Tachyon-like opposition will arise against Cipher
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain