Page 108 of 283 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2828

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Is everyone finished with their submissions? If they are I'll get onto recapping them and evaluating them properly. If anyone still wants to submit or alter their entries, just let me know.
    I'm trying to wrap up my submission; sorry for the delay! (Been actively avoiding the thread so that I don't end up getting inspired by anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Wait, there was a contest? What was it? When?
    To answer you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    All right then, I have decided. My topic for the CaC contest, me being me, is:

Construct a Dinosaur archetype/series.

The dinosaurs don't get enough love! I'll be looking for stuff that's different and yet fitting of dinosaurs, but don't let that dissuade you from going in the direction that you want.
    And he did permit at one point to include some non-Dinos in the archetype.
    Last edited by Baroque; 22nd January 2016 at 07:00 AM.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contest is on 102 I believe.
    Baroque, it's all good. Take your time.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Okay. I'll see if I can come up with anything tomorrow. Maybe I'll dredge up my Saurian Soul concept and figure out some minor equip monster series.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 22nd January 2016 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (not a part of the contest)

Extra Hostage
    Counter-Trap

Activate when your opponent Declares the Special Summon of a monster in their Extra Deck. Negate that summon and add the declared monster to your hand. You may not discard it or activate an effect that would discard it(even as a cost) until your opponent's next Main Phase 1. Your opponent may pay 2000 Life Points during their next Standby Phase for you to return the monster to their Extra Deck.

To be honest I'm still stuck trying to boil down William Gladstone and Benjamin Disraeli into Viridian fusion monsters. NEVER let me commit to turning politicians into yugioh cards again. Even if they are from the Victorian era.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 22nd January 2016 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the first card of a new archtype I'm working on. I actually find the mechanics of the Amorphages kind of interesting, if only they had a bit lower stats. The one thing they can't do is stop you from normal summoning and attacking, which could have made a deck with an unique paradigm where for at least part of the match Fusion/Synchro/Xyz based decks are forced to use their main deck monsters as actual monsters and not just materials. But, most monsters used for that purpose generally cap out at around 1700 or so. These monsters will have similar effects, but have stats low enough that the opponent still has a chance, as long as they play by your rules.

Then I realized I was basically making you play like it's the pre-chaos era, and decided to have the rest of the effects simulate my play experience from that time, which also takes the form of stopping your opponent from doing stuff. I present: The Retronauts!

Retronaut Spectre
    Level 2
    DARK Fiend/Effect
    Neither player can special summon from the extra deck. During your standby phase, if this card is in your graveyard: special summon it.
    ATK/900 DEF/200

Retronaut Android
    Level 6
    DARK Machine/Effect
    When this monster is summoned: banish all trap cards from both players graveyards. If a trap card would go to the graveyard: banish it. Neither player may play a Trap Card with the same name as a banished Trap Card they own. Neither player may special summon from the extra deck.
    ATK/2400 DEF/1500

Retronaut Battlefield
    Field Spell
    When this card is activated: destroy all other Field Spells on the field, and all cards in Pendulum Zones. Neither player may put a card in a Pendulum Zone. When another Field Spell is activated: destroy this card.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulum View Post
    Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for hte opinion and advice

I don't like them being all Level 4. Dinos should be powerful in Level (as I see them, of course).
    They are cool. They can hold their ground. They are susceptible to common threats (but Anki and Stego help a bit on that), have low stats. Not top tier, but cool.
    Using Counters was a good concept. And the lore is nice too.
    I understand you don't like the Level 4,but since they are not very strong,I think give them access to the rank4 toolbox is a good boost.

The reason for their low stat is their continuous S/T boost and also Ice Age.

I can't believe I'm going to say this... You could bump this guy a bit, you know? Make it negate any monster with Ice Counter except Frozen Dinos. They could use a bit more power, so go ahead.
    Yes is a little bump but good,i going ad it

Man, these guys are hilarious. They work cool. They seem a very funny deck to play with.
    They wouldn't stand a chance against competitive decks, though.
    Yes,is more a fun archetype than a competitive thing :,)

You're missing a word there.
    Ah here we start pushing things a bit. Though being a Continuous Spell makes it vulnerable.
    I don't think it cannot be other thing than a continuous spell(or a field,but Ice age)

Hell, man. This card could use a boost. Like Special Summoning from the deck, I daresay.
    For the spe from the deck,it was first intended but i remove it since i don't know if the number Ice counter who grow fast or slow(certainly slow,but i have stilla doubt)

Yes! Kill the grave floaters!
    :,)

Ok, here we may be pushing it a bit. I would change it to the turn player places an Ice Counter on a monster they control. OR the turn player places an Ice Counter on a monster on the field. Maybe the latter, since it gives the opponent the chance to choose if they want to bump you or hinder themselves. It can make things more interesting.
    And remove the Lock. Locks are always boring. Switch it for other thing.
    This a card easily searchable, don't forget it.
    Hum,this card is vital for the deck,whitout I imagine the number of Ice counter would raise to slowly,only one Ice counter is not much...The Stanby phase is already a good drawback for me.
    Oh,the lock effect is here because some older Ice counter card work with the same lock,and its a universel Ice counter support,but i can remove it,no,more remplace with an other effect,because without the effect look to light for me.

Place on only one monster or scatter them over several monsters?
    I like how none of your cards target. It's kinda a strong point they have. I think you could change the LP cost, though. Maybe, instead of a cost, make it a after that [placing the counters] take 200 damage for each Counter placed or something. Could make it more interesting.
    Oh,good idea for the cost,thank

Overall they seem weak. Very funny, but a bit weak. You could bump them a bit. Like increase the Gain/Lose 100 ATK/DEF to 200, for instance. Yeah, do, at least, this (if you want, of course).
    The 200 ATK/DEF was originaly intended,but,like I have said above,I'm not sure with the growing speed of the Ice counter...
    I like these little Dinos. They can't even search their support consistently, because they are not cards from an Archetype.
    Nicely done.
    Again,Thank!
    I'm very pleased by your compliment.Happy to see you like it
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Extra Hostage
    Counter-Trap

Activate when your opponent reveals a monster in their Extra Deck and declares it's Special Summon. Negate that summon and add the declared monster to your hand. You may not discard it or activate an effect that would discard it(even as a cost) until your opponent's next Main Phase 1. Your opponent may pay 2000 Life Points during their next Standby Phase for you to return the monster to their Extra Deck.
    Funny effect :,) and also very good,negate a summon and gain monster,but i don't understand the first part,"reaveal a monster and spe summon",some extra deck monster must be first revealed before being summoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Retronaut Spectre
    Level 2
    DARK Fiend/Effect
    Neither player can special summon from the extra deck. During your standby phase, if this card is in your graveyard: special summon it.
    ATK/900 DEF/200
    The lock effect make him very good and with low stat is not overpowered.
    But the graveyard effect,no too strong?No condition,its harder to reborn Treeborn frog.It would be OP,espacially with Monarch.
    In my opinion,its preferabel to add something like "if you control no monster/only Retronaut monster/you cannot special summon this turn.

Retronaut Android
    Level 6
    DARK Machine/Effect
    When this monster is summoned: banish all trap cards from both players graveyards. If a trap card would go to the graveyard: banish it. Neither player may play a Trap Card with the same name as a banished Trap Card they own. Neither player may special summon from the extra deck.
    ATK/2400 DEF/1500
    Super funny and powerfull effect,force to use only one time each trap card.
    Also negate summon from the xetra?And with no condition?Maybe this part is too.

Retronaut Battlefield
    Field Spell
    When this card is activated: destroy all other Field Spells on the field, and all cards in Pendulum Zones. Neither player may put a card in a Pendulum Zone. When another Field Spell is activated: destroy this card.
    This is way too strong,a searchable pendulum lock card,every none pendulum deck will run it per 3.

Its just my opinion.
    Its hard to make Lock card,if you din't give them drawback,they easily become too strong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sanokal I hope it's not too late for me to edit the effect of two of my cards in my entry, I edited the effect of Dino-A Hammerhead and Resilient Dino-A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not part of whatever this contest thinger is.

Digital Bug - Bytermite
    Level 3/LIGHT/Insect/Effect
    1300 ATK/1600 DEF
    Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of an Insect-Type Xyz Monster. Once per turn, when the battle position of a face-up monster is changed: You can add 1 Level 3 Insect-Type monster from your Deck to your Hand. An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as Xyz Material gains this effect.
    ● If it attacks an Attack Position monster: You can change the attack target to Defense Position.

Digital Bug - USBee
    Level 3/LIGHT/Insect/Effect
    500 ATK/1800 DEF
    Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of an Insect-Type Xyz Monster. Once per turn, when a Level 3 Insect-Type Monster is Special Summoned (including this card): You can Special Summon a Level 3 Insect-Type Monster from your Deck with the same name as that monster, in defense position, also it cannot activate its effects while face-up. An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as Xyz Material gains this effect.
    ● Defense Position Monsters your opponent controls cannot change their battle positions except by a card effect.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed the card text for Extra Hostage. Wrote it last night before bed and I don't even remember why I wrote it like that. lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to revise my Retronauts, but I might just put the revised version with the new ones I plan on making. I'm thinking about giving them riders that require you to not have any cards in your extra deck, which should help with Battleground. But Spectre is meant to be tribute fodder, but I also don't want it to just be Treeborn Frog V2 for monarchs.