Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Number 27: Alchemic Chimera
    Dark Beast-Warrior / Xyz / Effect
    RK4 2200/2200
    1 Level 4 Fairy-Type monster + 1 Level 4 Beast-Type monster
    You can only either the (1) or (2) effect of "Number 27: Alchemic Chimera" per turn, and only once that turn.
    (1) If this card is Xyz Summoned: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
    (2) If this card on the field is destroyed: You take 1500 damage, then inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
    (3) If this card is Xyz Summoned: Place 3 Life Counters on it. Destroy this card if it has no Life Counters.
    (4) During each End Phase: Remove 1 Life Counter from this card.
    Write the words to that story, aren't you the main character?
    Where were you when Youyeah got TOLD by the opening to his own show?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No relation to the Alchemy Beasts?

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    After agonizing juggling between Ziz's Konglong, Eva's Terrordrakes, and Hope's Brightwings I've eventually decided on the winner, and that winner is... @Hope in the Interstice with Brightwings!...goddammit I don't know how to mention properly...

It wasn't an easy decision, hence why it took so damn long, I do apologize for that.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I have no idea what to say... <wipes away a tear. And another one. And two more>

I... I need some time. Both to contemplate this and to come up with the next contest topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    Number 27: Alchemic Chimera
    Dark Beast-Warrior / Xyz / Effect
    RK4 2200/2200
    1 Level 4 Fairy-Type monster + 1 Level 4 Beast-Type monster
    You can only either the (1) or (2) effect of "Number 27: Alchemic Chimera" per turn, and only once that turn.
    (1) If this card is Xyz Summoned: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
    (2) If this card on the field is destroyed: You take 1500 damage, then inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
    (3) If this card is Xyz Summoned: Place 3 Life Counters on it. Destroy this card if it has no Life Counters.
    (4) During each End Phase: Remove 1 Life Counter from this card.
    For whatever reason, I'm reminded of Ninalexander.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Interstice: The new contest theme!

Alrighty, I've thought it over and now I've figured out what exactly the next contest will be about. What I want you all to do is this:

Create one or two cards for a single archetype to improve them to the competitive standard.

As usual, only one person can win. However, victory can be decided by one or both of their cards. Keep in mind you don't NEED to make two; it's just an option. Whether you make one or two cards will not influence my decision as to who wins or not. However, if you make a second card, it must support the same deck the first card supports.

Now, here's what I'm looking for:

• Be inventive. There will be no Icarus Attacks, Pantheisms, or Medallions here. Your support needs to be unique.
    • At the same time, it needs to be effective. However, make sure you don't go off the deep end.
    • This isn't a requirement but I do encourage you all to look far back and make something good for older decks. Remember that creativity is key. Mind you, you won't be influenced any worse for making something for newer decks.

Right, that should be it. Happy CaCing! You have two weeks!
    Last edited by Hope in the Interstice; 15th February 2016 at 01:10 PM.

Registered User TheycallmeBrick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malefic Red Dragon Archfiend
    DARK / Level 8 / Dragon / Effect
    ATK 3000 / DEF 2500
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Red Dragon Archfiend" from your Extra Deck, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. There can only be 1 "Malefic" monster on the field. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.

Malefic Seeding
    Normal Spell Card
    Target up to 3 of your banished monsters that are listed on a "Malefic" monster; return them to the bottom of your Deck, then you can add 1 "Malefic" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Malefic Seeding" per turn.
    Last edited by TheycallmeBrick; 5th May 2016 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one is hard but, here is my entry, which is Dragunities

Dragunity Arma Yar Greipir
    WIND/Level 8/Dragon/Effect
    ATK/ 2500 DEF/1200
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand or graveyard), by discarding 2 Dragon-Type Monsters from your hand. Once per turn you can equip to this card 1 "Dragunity" card from your graveyard or hand, and if you do, add 1 "Dragunity" card from your Deck to your hand. While this card is equipped to a "Dragunity" card, Neither Player can Special Summon Monsters, execept WIND Monsters. If this card would be destroyed, either by battle or card effect, you can send 1 "Dragunity" card in your Spell/Trap Card Zone to graveyard instead.

Dragunity Centurion
    WIND/Level 5/Winged-Beast/Effect
    ATK/ 1900 DEF/ 2400
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), by sending 1 "Dragunity" Card you control to the Graveyard. Once per turn you can discard 1 Monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Dragunity" Monster from your Graveyard or Spell/Trap card Zone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saber Camaraderie
    Normal Trap
    Effect: Target 1 "X-Saber" monster you control; Destroy it, then send 1 "X-Saber" monster in your hand or in your deck to the graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "X-Saber" Synchro monster with a level equal to the combined level of those monsters in the graveyard, but it cannot attack or activate its effects that turn.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eiiii, a contest I don't have to make any new cards to enter! Feels like cheating, but count me in~

Heraldic Beast Dauphin
    Lv4 WATER Fish
    When this card is Normal Summoned: Send 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can banish this card and 1 other "Heraldic Beast Dauphin" from your Graveyard and target 1 Psychic-Type Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon, from your Extra Deck, 1 Xyz Monster with the same Attribute as that target, but 1 Rank higher, by using that target as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Material attached to it become Xyz Materials on the Summoned Monster.)
    800ATK / 1800DEF

D.D. Heraldic Beastiary Lord
    Lv6 DARK Psychic
    If this card is Summoned: You can target up to 3 of your "Heraldic Beast" and/or "Heraldry" cards that are banished and/or in your Graveyard; Shuffle them into the Deck. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Heraldic Beast" monster from your hand.
    2400ATK / 1400DEF

Design Notes: It always bugged me how, not only did the Deck have no in-house way to Rank-Up, but their otherwise glorious Field Spell actually directly conflicts with Rank-Up-Magic. Dauphin was an attempt to deal with this weakness as well as grant the archetype a little more consistency, and, most importantly, attempted to make the deck have a higher skill ceiling, by giving the player more near-equal options to choose between, which was difficult to do without upsetting the already quite delicate balance the archetype has. With a Normal Summon effect, Dauphin gives the player something to go for with Leo other than just searching Amphisbaena almost always. On the note of Leo, the interaction they have almost goes without saying- With Kagetokage or Amphisbaena, Dauphin makes a clean R4NK and oftentimes a search. But it does require some thought- Obviously Leo is still OPT as always, but on top of that you can find yourself running out of Leos in the Deck (read: free searches) if you're not careful. It's not uncommon for dumping an Aberconway, Eagle, or even a second Dauphin to have more potential to advance your gamestate! The second effect comboes excellently with the existing No18-Unicorn-Eagle combo, but the cost is specific enough to require either patience or giving up a chance to use the first effect. The summon condition is specific enough to normally restrict to C69, but open enough that you can make some funny plays if you're willing to run some dank tech like DNA Transplant. Finally, WATER is an attribute the deck doesn't have, allowing for some more play options (including Spider Shark if you plan well enough).

Beastiary (so close to being proper english) is, besides being a reference to their anime wielder, something of a patch fix. He was intended to make both Heraldry Change and Falcon more viable, alongside an effect to make them worthwhile (you can't always make Amaterasu, and of course recycling your S/T is a prime option). Although, testing demonstrated that Change might still not be quite worth it. On the plus side, he demonstrated that Heraldic is shockingly good at generating Tribute fodder! Reviving No18 and then Tributing them activates their dump, a truly fantastic option (although if you do this early-game, the chain resolves in a distinctly unfavorable way), and Amphisbaena is always a valid option. The second effect, intended to summon Falcon for a R4NK after resolving the first effect, perhaps requires more investment than is warranted... I've considered upgrading it to hand or Graveyard.

@SynjoDeonecros:
    I really like your Lovecraft support! Personally I feel like Tome would be a bit more thematic if you switched the Tuner and non-Tuner requirements (to go with the theme of subverting the summoning methods to combine them), but it occurs to me that you perhaps did them the way you did to prevent tributing Hastur to summon another Synchro? That said, as is, any R4NK deck can use it for a (effectively free) Norden summon, and I'm not sure if you intended for that?

On an unrelated note: Over on the YGOPro forums, I'm participating in a group card creation event... But we're not getting an awful lot of feedback. Most of the posts are by newer designers championing their own ideas rather than contributing to the current project, which does open a lot of options for future projects, and is probably due to the lack of an enforced structure... But, either way! I've been lurking here long enough to know that everyone here are really skilled designers, probably due to getting regular feedback from eachother, so I've been wondering if anyone would care to lend a bit of their grey tissue~

Tuners:

Ethereal Beast - Shining Wings
    Lv1 LIGHT Winged-Beast Effect Tuner
    "Ethereal" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Ethereal" monster from your Deck, but it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until your opponent's next End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Ethereal Beast - Shining Wings" once per turn.
    400ATK / 600DEF

Ethereal Beast - Midnight Plume
    Lv1 DARK Winged-Beast Effect Tuner
    "Ethereal" monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's cards or effects. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, add 1 "Ethereal" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ethereal Beast - Midnight Plume" once per turn.
    600ATK / 400DEF

----------------------------------------------------------
    Level 3:

Ethereal Beast - Prison Fangs
    Lv3 DARK Beast Effect Monster
    While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of "Ethereal Beast - Prison Fangs" once per turn.
    1200ATK / 200DEF

Ethereal Beast - Double Pelt
    Lv3 LIGHT Beast Effect Monster
    While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon 1 "Ethereal" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect of "Ethereal Beast - Double Pelt" once per turn. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, gain 300LP for each "Ethereal" monster in your Graveyard, then inflict the same amount of damage to your opponent.
    1000ATK / 1800DEF

Level 4:

Ethereal Beast - Tiger Troops
    Lv4 LIGHT Beast-Warrior Effect Monster
    When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Ethereal" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Ethereal Beast - Tiger Troops". During the End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Ethereal" monster from your Graveyard, except "Ethereal Beast - Tiger Troops", but its effects are negated. You can only activate this effect of "Ethereal Beast - Tiger Troops" once per turn.
    1700ATK / 1200DEF

Ethereal Beast - Lion Legion
    Lv4 LIGHT Beast-Warrior Effect Monster
    If this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Ethereal" monster from your hand. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, shuffle 3 "Ethereal" cards from your Graveyard into your Deck, then draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Ethereal Beast - Lion Legion" once per turn.
    1700ATK / 1000DEF

Ethereal Beast - Panther Patroon
    Lv4 DARK Beast-Warrior Effect Monster
    If this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Ethereal" monster in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, target 1 card on the field; Negate its effects.
    1200ATK / 1600DEF

Ethereal Beast - Azure Down
    Lv4 LIGHT Winged-Beast Effect Monster
    If you control a "Ethereal" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, but its effects are negated. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower "Ethereal" monster from your Deck.
    400ATK / 1800DEF

Level 8:

Ethereal Beast - Destruction Dragon
    Lv8 LIGHT Wyrm Effect Monster
    During your End Phase, if 3 or more "Ethereal" monsters you control were destroyed this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Ethereal" monster from your Deck in face-up Defence Position, and if you do, draw 1 card OR destroy 1 card on the field. If this card is targeted by a card or effect: You can destroy 1 other "Ethereal" monster you control; Negate that effect.
    2800ATK / 2500DEF

Fusion Monsters:

Synchro Monsters:

Xyz Monsters:

Herald of the Ethereal Beasts
    Rk4 LIGHT Winged-Beast Effect Xyz
    2 Level 4 monsters
    Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Set 1 "Ethereal" Spell/Trap card directly from your Deck, but it cannot be activated this turn. During your End Phase: You can return this card to your Extra Deck, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Ethereal" monster from your hand, but it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
    1800ATK / 2300DEF

Pendulum Monsters:

Spell Cards:

Ethereal Soul Charge
    Normal Spell
    Destroy 1 "Ethereal" monster you control, then target 1 other "Ethereal" monster you control; It gains ATK equal to half the original ATK of the destroyed monster, also, during your End Phase, destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

Ethereal Sublimation
    Normal Spell
    Banish 1 "Ethereal" monster from your Graveyard; Add 1 "Ethereal" card from your Deck to your hand.

Ethereal Beast's True Power
    Quickplay Spell
    If you control a "Ethereal" monster: Destroy 2 cards your opponent controls, but skip your End Phase this turn.

Call of the Ethereal Beasts
    Quickplay Spell
    If a "Ethereal" monster you control is destroyed (by battle or card effect): Banish 1 card on the field.

Ethereal Sanctuary
    Continuous Spell
    "Ethereal" monsters you control do not have to activate their effects to destroy themselves. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Ethereal" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

Ethereal Sharp Claws
    Equip Spell
    Equip only to a "Ethereal" monster. The equipped monster gains 400ATK. During your End Phase: You can destroy this card, and if you do, negate the effects of all face-up monsters [currently] on the field until your opponent's next [Draw/End] Phase.

Horn of the Ethereal Beasts
    Equip Spell
    Equip only to a "Ethereal" monster you control. If the equipped monster battles, at the start of the Damage Step: Target 1 card your opponent controls; Destroy it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard because the equipped monster was destroyed by a card effect: You can add this card to your hand.

Ethereal Woods
    Field Spell
    "Ethereal" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. When a monster is destroyed by its own effect: Destroy 1 card on the field.

Eternal Woods
    Field Spell
    You must send 1 "Ethereal Woods" from your side of the field to the Graveyard to activate this card. "Ethereal" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. During the End Phase: Target up to 2 cards on the field; Return them to the hand.

Trap Cards:

Ethereal's Sacrifice
    Normal Trap
    Resolve any number of the following effects, depending on the number of "Ethereal Beast" monsters you control that were destroyed this turn.
    ● 1 or more: Draw 1 card.
    ● 2 or more: Destroy 1 card on the field.
    ● 3 or more: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
    ● 4 or more: Skip your opponent's next Draw Phase.
    ● 5 or more: Add 1 card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Forest of the Ethereal Beasts
    Continuous Trap
    This card's name is treated as "Ethereal Woods" while face-up on the field. If your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand while you control a "Ethereal Beast" monster, except during the Draw Phase: You can excavate the top card of your Deck, and if it is a "Ethereal Beast" monster, Special Summon it. Otherwise, send it to the Graveyard.

So, time for some review! To keep this post uncluttered, I'll post my thoughts separately~
    Okay, the first thing I notice is that we're, to my utter surprise, a little low on monsters! While we have a healthy four Lv4s, we only have 2 Lv3; Not necessarily a bad thing, but a little discomforting on a consistency front. Double-Fur with a Tuner is a solid enough combo on paper, though.
    Secondly, while we don't necessarily need one (Shaddoll made do well enough), we don't have a single Synchro monster. Same applies to Fusion, but if we were to have a Fusion, it would probably need to be a Contact Fusion, given our total lack of anything resembling Fusion support.
    Finally, Sharp Claws. We should decide on if it should be Draw Phase or End Phase... Although I did draft up a third option, if that's more appealing.

Ethereal Sharp Claws
    Equip Spell
    Equip only to a "Ethereal" monster. The equipped monster gains 400ATK. During your End Phase: You can destroy this card and declare either Draw Phase or End Phase; Until the declared Phase of your opponent's next turn, negate the effects of all face-up monsters on the field.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As for another Lv3, I think this might be a good choice for that axis.

Ethereal Beast - Shadow Paw
    Lv3 DARK Beast Effect Monster
    Your opponent cannot activate the effects of cards in the Graveyard. During your End Phase: Destroy this card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Ethereal" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defence Position during your next Standby Phase.
    1800ATK / 200DEF

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all the ideas from me atm, anyone else see any noticeable holes in the archetype that need filling? Remember, we'll keep up the reviewing until 24 hours after my last post, then if we've settled everything we can move onto the scripting phase!
    Thanks in advance~!
    Last edited by Kindrindra; 15th February 2016 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't really thinking of combos when I came up with it, other than combos to bring out Azzathoth, but I'll keep your advice in mind.
    "Is it so important that you win one last argument with him?"
    "No, it is not, but it is true that I will miss the arguments; they were, finally, all that we had."