10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Generic cards is always the best one

Wraith Hunter Silverblade
    LIGHT/Level 4/ Zombie/Tuner/Effect
    ATK/1700 DEF/0
    Neither Player Can Special Summon Monsters by Monsters Effects. During either player turn you can Discard this card; Neither Player can Special Summon until the End Phase, you can only use this effect of "Wraith Hunter Silverblade" once per turn

You cannot make a hand trap like that. No way, no how, no why.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post

You cannot make a hand trap like that. No way, no how, no why.
    I can make anything i want, also Droll & Lock Bird needs a Senpai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty, I've thought it over and now I've figured out what exactly the next contest will be about. What I want you all to do is this:

Create one or two cards for a single archetype to improve them to the competitive standard.

As usual, only one person can win. However, victory can be decided by one or both of their cards. Keep in mind you don't NEED to make two; it's just an option. Whether you make one or two cards will not influence my decision as to who wins or not. However, if you make a second card, it must support the same deck the first card supports.

Now, here's what I'm looking for:

• Be inventive. There will be no Icarus Attacks, Pantheisms, or Medallions here. Your support needs to be unique.
    • At the same time, it needs to be effective. However, make sure you don't go off the deep end.
    • This isn't a requirement but I do encourage you all to look far back and make something good for older decks. Remember that creativity is key. Mind you, you won't be influenced any worse for making something for newer decks.

Right, that should be it. Happy CaCing! You have two weeks!
    I'm confused, you want cards to boost themes to competitive standards, but you don't want removal, drawing or searching? So we can't make cards to boost the consistency of the theme, or cards to help simplify the gamestate until you can get your combos off. So is the contest make the best floodgate you can?
    Write the words to that story, aren't you the main character?
    Where were you when Youyeah got TOLD by the opening to his own show?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva View Post
    I'm confused, you want cards to boost themes to competitive standards, but you don't want removal, drawing or searching? So we can't make cards to boost the consistency of the theme, or cards to help simplify the gamestate until you can get your combos off. So is the contest make the best floodgate you can?
    I think what they're saying is less that they don't want removal/drawing/searching and more that they don't want to just see wholesale copies of past tricks, like someone making a card that ditches 1 insert-archetype-here card you control to pop two other cards (Icarus Attack).

Admittedly, I'm a bit concerned about my Extractor as such (and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why), but I'm hopeful that the execution outweighs the end.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    I think what they're saying is less that they don't want removal/drawing/searching and more that they don't want to just see wholesale copies of past tricks, like someone making a card that ditches 1 insert-archetype-here card you control to pop two other cards (Icarus Attack).

Admittedly, I'm a bit concerned about my Extractor as such (and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why), but I'm hopeful that the execution outweighs the end.
    Spot on. Shiranui and Burning Abyss did that and it was just as copy-paste then as it is now.

And your cards are fine. A Stratos would be uninspired but setting Extractor as a Trap as a secondary effect is a good way to play with the concept. I'd argue even that restricting it to your turn is rather unnecessary, since it's already held back by nature.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My submission is going to support the old Skull Servant series. Also, remember that Skull Servant is a fusion material for two monsters. The first gives Skull Servants effects, which is useful, while the other is a setup piece, inspired by the work that originally got people thinking that Wights are a type of undead in the first place.

Molten Skull Servant
    DARK
    Level 6
    Zombie/Fusion/Effect
    1 "Skull Servant" or "Wight" monster + 1 FIRE or Rock-type monster
    This monster's name is treated as "Skull Servant" while on the field or graveyard. While this card is in the graveyard, "Skull Servant" and "Wight" monsters you control deal piercing damage
    ATK/ 2000 DEF/ 1600

Haunted Barrow
    Field Spell Card
    "Skull Servant" and "Wight" monsters gain 1000 ATK and DEF. When this card is targeted or destroyed by a card effect: Special Summon up to three level 1 normal monsters from your hand, deck, or banished zone. You can only use this effect of "Haunted Barrow" once per duel.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd argue even that restricting it to your turn is rather unnecessary, since it's already held back by nature.
    I'll grant you that, but a part of me didn't want it to just be "set card, activate in enemy Draw Phase", which while no doubt effective makes it feel a bit 'well, why didn't you just make RotA if it was going to be that simple?' to me.
    Though that's not the effect of Extractor I was concerned about, to be honest.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    I'll grant you that, but a part of me didn't want it to just be "set card, activate in enemy Draw Phase", which while no doubt effective makes it feel a bit 'well, why didn't you just make RotA if it was going to be that simple?' to me.
    Though that's not the effect of Extractor I was concerned about, to be honest.
    The difference is that Reinforcement works as soon as you draw it, while a Trap forces you to wait a turn.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this meets your requirements, @Hope in the Interstice.

Emergency Roid Refit
    Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 Machine-Type "Roid" monster you control. Banish 1 "Roid" monster from your Deck. The target monster's name and level become the same as the banished monster. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, except on the turn it was sent to your Graveyard, to select up to 2 banished monsters: add them to your Graveyard.

Roid Fusion Dealership
    Field Spell

If a Machine-Type "Roid" monster is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect: Send 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.
    Once per turn, you can tribute 1 Machine-Type "Roid" monster you control to Normal Summon a Machine-Type "Roid" monster from your hand ignoring tribute requirements. This does not count as your regular Normal Summon for the turn.
    Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to Fusion Summon a Machine-Type "Roid" monster from your Extra Deck or Graveyard by banishing the correct Fusion Materials on your field. This Fusion Summon cannot be negated.

The naming part of Refit's effect is made for easier access to Fusions while the leveling part is made for easier access to Synchros. The Graveyard effect was made with hand-return effects in mind but the way it's worded could be used to disrupt other decks that interact with their banished cards as it doesn't specify the banished card going to your Graveyard has to be your banished card.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 16th February 2016 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Not sure if this meets your requirements, @Hope in the Interstice.

Emergency Roid Refit
    Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 Machine-Type "Roid" monster you control. Banish 1 "Roid" monster from your Deck. The target monster's name and level become the same as the banished monster. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, except on the turn it was sent to your Graveyard, to send up to 2 banished monsters to your Graveyard.

Roid Fusion Dealership
    Field Spell

If a Machine-Type "Roid" monster is sent to the Graveyard by an opponent's card effect: Send 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.
    Once per turn, you can tribute 1 Machine-Type "Roid" monster you control to Normal Summon a Machine-Type "Roid" monster from your hand ignoring tribute requirements.
    Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to Fusion Summon a Machine-Type "Roid" monster from your Extra Deck or Graveyard by banishing the correct Fusion Materials on your field. This Fusion Summon cannot be negated.

The naming part of Refit's effect is made for easier access to Fusions while the leveling part is made for easier access to Synchros.
    You're sneaky as hell, making both Vehicroid and Speedroid support. All the more reason for me to allow it.