Page 202 of 283 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2828

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Dammit, I can't do dinosaur related stuff this time...well, time for plan b.
    Unless dinosaurs had an ancient civilization. I mean, pretty sure it would be pre 0A.D.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Unless dinosaurs had an ancient civilization. I mean, pretty sure it would be pre 0A.D.
    I think that the civilisation in Dinosaurs vs. Aliens would be cheating. Where I live ought to have something that I can tweak.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I think that the civilisation in Dinosaurs vs. Aliens would be cheating. Where I live ought to have something that I can tweak.
    Well who's to say you can't use Dinosaurs. The Heiratic archetype is based on the mythology of Egyptian culture and they are all dragons.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well who's to say you can't use Dinosaurs. The Heiratic archetype is based on the mythology of Egyptian culture and they are all dragons.
    Might have to dig around I suppose.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to do an archtype of spellcasters based on what I know from Mesopotamian history from Snow Crash. It would probably be mostly spells ( the Nam-Shubs).

Continuing with my Toon support, here are three cards that, when used with my previously made Tooniverse Portal, will be the big combo of the deck.

Tooniverse Wand
    Continuous Spell Card
    When this card is activated you may pay 1000 Life Points: add 1 "Tooniverse Portal" from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, you may tribute one Toon monster to excavate the top of your deck. If it's a Toon monster, Special Summon it, otherwise send it to the graveyard. Once per turn, if you control "Tooniverse Portal": you may destroy 1 "Tooniverse Portal" you control.

Toon Spellbook
    Continuous Spell Card
    (This card's name is always treated as "Toon Table of Contents".) When this card is activated: you may add 1 "Toon" monster from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, you may search your deck for a level 4 or lower Toon monster, and put it on top of your deck. If a "Tooniverse Portal" you control is destroyed while you control "Toon Wand": Send this card and "Toon Wand" to the graveyard to activate "Tooniverse" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

Tooniverse
    Field Spell Card
    This card can only be activated by the effect of "Toon Spellbook". When this card is activated: Special Summon as many Toon monsters from your graveyard as possible.Toon monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects. You take no battle damage. Once per turn, during your opponent's battle phase, your opponent may roll a 6-sided die, then destroy this card if the result is higher than the number of Toon monsters you control. At the end of the battle phase: Special Summon any Toon monsters that were destroyed by battle this turn. When this card is destroyed: activate 1 "Tooniverse Portal" from your graveyard.

In keeping with my previous theme of Tooniverse Portal being a TV, Wand is a remote control and Spellbook is a TV guide. Wand lets you change the channel to a different toon, and if you do that, Spellbook lets you pick which one. Combine all three, and you can enter the toon world itself, where things are a lot less damaging (with an escape clause for your opponent, just to try and make it fair). In my new Toonatic deck, none of the individual toons would be too powerful, but Tooniverse would be the deck's ace card.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which major world civilizations were around prior to 0 A.D.?
    Off the top of my head:

Mesopotamia, Ancient Egypt, the beginning of the Persian Empire, Ancient Gaul, Ancient China (up to the Han dynasty), Ancient Greece, and Ancient Maya. Oh, and prehistoric humans (i.e. not homo sapiens), but I'm not sure if they can be classified as a "civilization" or not.

By the way, do the cards have to be based on the civilization itself, or can it be based on its mythologies?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojin View Post
    All right, I've thought over what I want the next contest to be, and I've decided that the next theme will be... *drum roll*

Design an archetype based on an ancient civilization!

The archetype can have any sort of gimmick you want, as long as it is based, in some form, on an ancient civilization. For the purposes of this challenge, an ancient civilization is one that existed at 0 A.D. at the most recent. In other words, your time frame is 0 A.D. to the beginning of civilization. You should probably aim for 5-10 cards in your archetype, but if you want to make more, go ahead! Bonus points if you make your archetype as historically accurate as you can, but don't think that it's a requirement.

Other than that (and the usual "don't make it really OP"), the only other rule is: don't make it offensive, i.e., if you were to do, say, Ancient Egypt, don't portray them as a bunch of turban-wearing terrorists. It's not only offensive, but grossly inaccurate.

Also, please use the hashtag #AncientCaC, so that I can find them better. Happy card-creating! =)
    By don't making it really OP, you mean out of competitive standards ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakylon View Post
    Off the top of my head
    I'd like to throw the Roman Republic onto that pile. Sure, the Roman Empire started towards the end of B.C., but the Roman Republic preceded it.

EDIT: But given Gladiator Beasts, it may or may not be low-hanging fruit.
    Last edited by Baroque; 11th July 2016 at 05:52 PM.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, answers to your questions, in order (since I can't seem to work out how to quote multiple things in one message):

Drakylon: Either the civilization itself or its mythology(s) is fine. Or you can do both!

King: Probably not Kozmo-level, but not necessarily non-competitive.

Also, another thing: The civilization you choose doesn't necessarily have to be something that's very well-known. If you want to do something like the Kingdom of Aksum, then go right ahead! Just say in the post what you're basing it on (or put a link or something) if it's not too well-known.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, answers to your questions, in order
    You missed a couple questions on the previous page, brah. ;^_^

(since I can't seem to work out how to quote multiple things in one message)
    Liberal application of CTRL+X and/or CTRL+C, and CTRL+V.

Basically, if you're quoting multiple people, just go to quote them, highlight the lot of it and cut/copy it, then cancel that one and quote the next person's message, paste the first quote into that post, and repeat (highlight everything, cut/copy, cancel post, quote next post, paste previous quote(s)) as necessary until you've quoted everyone.

Make sure to hit enter a couple times to separate 'em like this bit (or the earlier pair of quotes) separated, if only so that it's less of a headache to sort through and address. In the end, though, all quoting multiple people (or one person in multiple places, like here) is is just a manipulation of text and tags. Learn what the forum's tags are and how they work and you'll have a swell time formatting posts going forward.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!