Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wattfrog
    ** LIGHT/Thunder/Effect
    1200/1000
    While face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card is also WATER-attribute. While face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card is also Aqua-type. If this card is Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 2 WATER Aqua-type monster, then 1 Level 2 LIGHT Thunder-type monster from your deck or Graveyard, other than "Wattfrog". They cannot be used as material for an Xyz Summon, but can attack your opponent directly this turn. You can only use this effect of "Wattfrog" once per turn.

*Always wanted to bring these two archetypes together with a single support card. It could be really fun, and the potential is endless due to Swap Frog's bouncing.

Cosmic Fortress - Col'har
    **** LIGHT/Reptile/Synchro/Effect
    2400/1200
    If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can remove all A-Counters from face-up cards on the field; Inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each counter removed. Once per turn, you can: Special Summon 1 "Alien" monster from your hand or Graveyard. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 ""A" Cell" card in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

*Wanted an actual win condition for counter builds, while also being extremely valuable in the Synchro looping.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quincymccoy View Post
    Wattfrog
    ** LIGHT/Thunder/Effect
    1200/1000
    While face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card is also WATER-attribute. While face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, this card is also Aqua-type. If this card is Summoned: Special Summon 1 Level 2 WATER Aqua-type monster, then 1 Level 2 LIGHT Thunder-type monster from your deck or Graveyard, other than "Wattfrog". They cannot be used as material for an Xyz Summon, but can attack your opponent directly this turn. You can only use this effect of "Wattfrog" once per turn.

*Always wanted to bring these two archetypes together with a single support card. It could be really fun, and the potential is endless due to Swap Frog's bouncing.
    I'm a bit curious about the decision to make it LIGHT/Thunder which becomes WATER/Aqua, rather than the reverse (a WATER/Aqua that becomes LIGHT/Thunder), due to how the "Watt" searchers look by archetype (the only time their Type becomes important is when they're on the field, interestingly) and Swap Frog's (non-bouncy) effect works with WATER monsters; was there a reason you chose to rig it the one way rather than the other?
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    I'm a bit curious about the decision to make it LIGHT/Thunder which becomes WATER/Aqua, rather than the reverse (a WATER/Aqua that becomes LIGHT/Thunder), due to how the "Watt" searchers look by archetype (the only time their Type becomes important is when they're on the field, interestingly) and Swap Frog's (non-bouncy) effect works with WATER monsters; was there a reason you chose to rig it the one way rather than the other?
    Because of that honestly. I didn't want this to be insanely accessible through Swap Frog's first effect. Also, I did not want a copy that you returned to the hand with the Swap you Summoned to be able to be used for Treatoad, since it isn't Aqua in the hand. The gist of it is, I wanted to be able to push so much power into a straight +2 card, that I did not want it being able to fuel the other power frog cards or just propagate the over-reliance on the Hopperlock.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it's been a week since the contest's end date, and I finally got around to finish reading the submissions. The winner of the August '16 CaC is Baroque, with his/her Souleater archetype! A great spin on a very obscure card. Frankly I didn't even know the card existed before this contest.

I'm not going to bother putting a complete review of everyone's submissions, but if you want one or have any questions, feel free to PM me.

And now for something completely different. The Charmer, Familiar and Familiar-Possessed themes have been my favorite ever since they came out all those years ago (something like the first ever booster pack?), and I think it's high time it got completed.

The last 3 adult familiars:
    Spoiler Alert!
    Tempest Dragon
    LV 4 | WIND | [Dragon/Effect]
    1500 ATK / 200 DEF
    You can control 1 "Tempest Dragon". If you control a Spellcaster-Type monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your next Standby Phase after this card was destroyed by battle or by card effect: Target 1 monster you control; return it to your hand, then Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

Shining Lover
    LV 4 | LIGHT | [Fairy/Effect]
    1500 ATK / 200 DEF
    You can only control 1 "Shining Lover". If you control a Spellcaster-Type monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 monster with 1500 ATK and 200 DEF in your Graveyard, except "Shining Lover"; Special Summon it.

Cyclops Bat
    LV 4 | DARK | [Fiend/Effect]
    1500 ATK / 200 DEF
    You can only control 1 "Cyclops Bat". If you control a Spellcaster-Type monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your opponent's End Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can shuffle 1 monster in your hand into your Deck; Special Summon this card.

Poor Lyna and Dharc. They still haven't gotten their Familiar-Possessed and apocalyptic Charmer forms yet.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Familiar-Possessed - Lyna
    LV 4 | LIGHT | [Spellcaster/Effect]
    1850 ATK / 1500 DEF
    You can send 1 "Lyna the Light Charmer" and 1 LIGHT monster you control to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand or Deck. If you do, this card gets the following effect:
    ● During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

Familiar-Possessed - Dharc
    LV 4 | DARK | [Spellcaster/Effect]
    1850 ATK / 1500 DEF
    You can send 1 "Dharc the Dark Charmer" and 1 DARK monster you control to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand or Deck. If you do, this card gets the following effect:
    ● During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

Blinding Lyna
    LV 4 | LIGHT | [Spellcaster/Effect]
    800 ATK / 1500 DEF
    Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 LIGHT monster (except this card) to Special Summon 1 LIGHT monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Blinding Lyna" is removed from your side of the field.

Corrupting Dharc
    LV 4 | DARK | [Spellcaster/Effect]
    800 ATK / 1500 DEF
    Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 DARK monster (except this card) to Special Summon 1 DARK monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Corrupting Dharc" is removed from your side of the field.

Some more support:
    Spoiler Alert!
    Lord of Familiars
    LV 4 | DARK | [Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect]
    1850 ATK / 1500 DEF | <5>
    Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: You can reveal 1 "Familiar-Possessed" monster in your hand; add 1 monster from your Deck to your hand that has the same attribute as the revealed monster, and has 1500 ATK and 200 DEF.
    Monster Effect: If this card is Summoned: You can declare 1 Attribute; this card becomes that Attribute.

Familiar Spirit
    LV 4 | LIGHT | [Spellcaster/Pendulum/Spirit/Effect]
    1500 ATK / 200 DEF | <1>
    Pendulum Effect: You can Pendulum Summon monsters face-down. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can target 1 Set monster you control; Flip Summon it.
    Monster Effect: Cannot be Special Summoned, except by Pendulum Summon. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return it to the hand. If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and declare 1 Attribute; that monster becomes that Attribute.

And finally, new forms that bring the Spiritual Arts into the theme.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Hiita of Crimson Flames
    LV 8 | FIRE | [Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect]
    2650 ATK / 1700 DEF
    1 Spellcaster-Type "Hiita" monster + 1 non-Spellcaster-Type FIRE monster
    Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only control 1 "Hiita of the Crimson Blaze". If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 FIRE monster to activate one of the following effects:
    ● Inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's original ATK.
    ● Increase the ATK of 1 monster you control by that monster's original ATK.

Eria of Blue Waters
    LV 8 | WATER | [Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect]
    2650 ATK / 1700 DEF
    1 Spellcaster-Type "Eria" monster + 1 non-Spellcaster-Type WATER monster
    Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only control 1 "Eria of Calm Waters". If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WATER monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 WATER monster to activate one of the following effects:
    ● Look at your opponent's hand, then send 1 card from their hand to the Graveyard.
    ● Shuffle 1 random card in your opponent's hand into their Deck.

Aussa of Black Iron
    LV 8 | EARTH | [Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect]
    2650 ATK / 1700 DEF
    1 Spellcaster-Type "Aussa" monster + 1 non-Spellcaster-Type EARTH monster
    Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only control 1 "Aussa of Black Iron". If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower EARTH monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 EARTH monster to activate one of the following effects:
    ● Special Summon (or Set) 1 EARTH monster from your Graveyard, except the Tributed monster.
    ● Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

Wynn of Calm Winds
    LV 8 | WIND | [Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect]
    2650 ATK / 1700 DEF
    1 Spellcaster-Type "Wynn" monster + 1 non-Spellcaster-Type WIND monster
    Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only control 1 "Wynn of Calm Winds". If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 WIND monster to activate one of the following effects:
    ● Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; shuffle it into their Deck.
    ● Return 1 face-up card to its owner's hand.

Lyna of Holy Light
    LV 8 | LIGHT | [Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect]
    2650 ATK / 1700 DEF
    1 Spellcaster-Type "Lyna" monster + 1 non-Spellcaster-Type LIGHT monster
    Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only control 1 "Lyna of Holy Light". If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 LIGHT monster to activate one of the following effects:
    ● Target 1 banished monster; Special Summon it to your side of the field, but banish it during the End Phase.
    ● Target 1 monster on the field; banish it until the End Phase.

Dharc of Avaricious Night
    LV 8 | LIGHT | [Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect]
    2650 ATK / 1700 DEF
    1 Spellcaster-Type "Dharc" monster + 1 non-Spellcaster-Type DARK monster
    Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by banishing the above cards you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) You can only control 1 "Dharc of Corrupting Greed". If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower DARK monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Tribute 1 DARK monster to activate one of the following effects:
    ● Draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card.
    ● Target 1 card in either Graveyard; banish it.

Without a concrete archetype name, finding ways to word the materials of the Fusions was pretty annoying. Fortunately, using the Charmers' names works pretty well, since there are no cards with the regular expressions "Hiita", "Wynn", "Aussa", "Lyna" or "Dharc", and the only other monsters with "Eria" in their names are the Prime Material monsters and Evolsaur Terias which aren't Spellcaster-Type. On the other hand, wording the revealed card for Lord of the Familiars... I just gave up and restricted it to the "Familiar-Possessed" forms.

As for the Fusions themselves, their effects are based on the Spiritual Art Trap Cards corresponding to their Attribute. The first effect of each of the Fusions activated by Tributing is basically a carbon copy of the Trap, with the exceptions of Lyna's (because self-negation is stupid) and Dharc's (because self-negation is stupid and Tribute 1 for Pot of Greed is overpowered). The second effect has nothing to do with any of the other cards in the theme; I just felt like it'd be nice to have another option. They're all Attribute-themed; FIRE has a battle-worthy effect, WATER is a mini-Gustkraken (fortunately not loopable and doesn't peek at the hand, also further relates Eria to Gishkis), EARTH has destruction, WIND bounces, and LIGHT and DARK have banishing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With pleasure, i anounce my CaC contest, the goal is to make a WIND Archetype. The deadline is september 15th and the results will be shown in September 20th

Rules.

1. The submmissions will only be valid if contais "#Sep16CaC"

2. Each pariticipant can only make 1 Submission containing up to 12 cards

3. Regardless of the situation, i will not accept 13 or more cards

4. If anyone makes 2 or more submissions, i will not accept any

Good luck

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Arugula View Post
    Pendulambs
    Normal Spell
    If you control two cards in your Pendulum Zones, Special Summon 4 "Pendulum Lamb Tokens" (Beast-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in Defense Position. These Tokens are treated as Pendulum monsters while in the Monster Zone, and cannot be tributed or destroyed by your card effects.
    What purpose does this card serve, if I may ask?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    I can only assume they could serve first as a defense or instead as Fusion or Synchro Materials. In that situation, they could theoretically grant access to an Ignister or be mats for a Metaphys Horus. But beyond that, unsure.

EDIT: Oh wow, I ended up winning the previous create-a-card contest? Sweet! Now I get to figure out what the hell to make my leg of the contest. *starts sweating bullets*
    Last edited by Baroque; 31st August 2016 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Mostly as a scapegoat with a prerequisite, although in that case it could be a quick play and still be fair.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, ladies and gentlemonsters, I think that for my leg of the contests (following my surprise victory with Souleater), it's time for something nice and simple . . . ish.

I want you guys to create an archetype. Your choice of gimmick, your choice of mechanics, your choice of whatever. It has to meet some criteria, though.

What criteria, you ask? Well, hypothetical inquiring mind, let me lay the terms and conditions out for you . . . in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler Alert!
    First, your archetype must have 10-11 cards.
    - Do you remember DUEA and the following pack? I'm a sucker for that kind of design, which can manage to cram 3 whole archetypes into one pack and still grant them their own unique identities.

Second, your archetype must have 5 monsters in your Main Deck, not counting a 'boss' monster.
    - Expect these to be the bulk of your forces, the resources that will be committed towards your strategies.
    - I am not against seeing non-Monster Cards in these slots, but those non-Monster Cards must in some respect act as them (Tokens, Trap/Pseudo-Trap, etc.).

Third, your archetype must have one 'boss' monster.
    - This can be a Main Deck monster, or it can be a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz monster.
    - As a minor exception, you are permitted to have two 'bosses' if both are Fusion Monsters. DUEA gave this concession to Shaddoll, and I'm giving it to you in turn.

Fourth, your archetype must have two Spells and two Traps.
    - The kinds do not matter, but they should be built to support what you have built.
    - To elaborate, something like Igknight Burst is okay, something like Igknight Reload is not.

Fifth, your archetype must not be an existing one.
    - If you create a sub-archetype to an existing one, this is fine, but I expect it to be taken in a new and interesting direction.

And now, for some formatting requests for the sake of the thread, myself, and I; please read these, because one of them is how I will be able to tell you entered.
    Spoiler Alert!
    - So that your entries don't stretch the thread overmuch, please put your entries in spoiler tags.
    - For ease of recognition as being entries, please put the tag #SeptDUEA somewhere outside the spoilers so that I can CTRL+F and find them. (Color not required.)
    - For ease of evaluation, please format your cards nicely; neatness and legibility, while not exactly criteria in themselves, does make it easier on me.
    - As an extra request-y request that you don't necessarily need to do, it'd be nice if you could accompany your entries with -- in a separate spoiler tag -- some of your thoughts related to your design (aesthetics, mechanics, why you made what you did, etc. and so forth). It would be a great aid in my understanding of what you intended to make.

The deadline for entries will be September 20th, so please make sure that if you intend to enter, that you do so by that date.
    Last edited by Baroque; 31st August 2016 at 10:29 PM. Reason: D'oh. Late-night math fail.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Alright, ladies and gentlemonsters, I think that for my leg of the contests (following my surprise victory with Souleater), it's time for something nice and simple . . . ish.

I want you guys to create an archetype. Your choice of gimmick, your choice of mechanics, your choice of whatever. It has to meet some criteria, though.

What criteria, you ask? Well, hypothetical inquiring mind, let me lay the terms and conditions out for you . . . in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler Alert!
    First, your archetype must have 11-12 cards.
    - Do you remember DUEA and the following pack? I'm a sucker for that kind of design, which can manage to cram 3 whole archetypes into one pack and still grant them their own unique identities.

Second, your archetype must have 5 monsters in your Main Deck, not counting a 'boss' monster.
    - Expect these to be the bulk of your forces, the resources that will be committed towards your strategies.
    - I am not against seeing non-Monster Cards in these slots, but those non-Monster Cards must in some respect act as them (Tokens, Trap/Pseudo-Trap, etc.).

Third, your archetype must have one 'boss' monster.
    - This can be a Main Deck monster, or it can be a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz monster.
    - As a minor exception, you are permitted to have two 'bosses' if both are Fusion Monsters. DUEA gave this concession to Shaddoll, and I'm giving it to you in turn.

Fourth, your archetype must have two Spells and two Traps.
    - The kinds do not matter, but they should be built to support what you have built.
    - To elaborate, something like Igknight Burst is okay, something like Igknight Reload is not.
    If I'm not mistaken, doesn't 6 monsters (5 Main Deck + 1 boss), 2 Spells and 2 Traps only add up to 10 cards? Considering there are no other kinds of cards, doesn't that mean 2 Fusions are required, which cuts down on creativity?