User Tag List

Page 271 of 283 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2828

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I used to be here a long time ago and I used to waste time here in the CaC thread but I disappeared. I decided to try flexing my CaC muscles, so these are probably horribly designed since I haven't done this in at least a year I can't remember, so I'd appreciate some constructive criticism. Also they come with a free meme.

Raidraptor - Traitor Falcon
    DARK
    Level 11
    Winged Beast/Fusion/Effect
    3 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monsters
    Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. If this Fusion Summoned card is removed from the field by battle or by an opponent's card effect: you can Special Summon 2 Level 4 DARK Winged Beast-type monsters from your GY, and if you do, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Raidraptor" monsters. You can tribute 1 "Raidraptor" monster you control that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: target 1 card your opponent controls, banish it. This effect of "Raidraptor - Traitor Falcon" can only be used once per turn.
    ATK/3750 DEF/2500

Raidraptor - Final Redemption Falcon
    DARK
    Rank 12
    Winged Beast/Xyz/Effect
    3 Level 12 monsters
    If this card has a Fusion Monster as Xyz Material, it is unaffected by other card's effects. Once per turn, you can detach 1 material from this card; return all your banished "Raidraptor" monsters to the Deck, if at least 3 Xyz Monsters were returned by this effect: this card can attack twice during this turn's Battle Phase. If this card would destroy a monster in the Extra Monster Zone: you can attach it to this card as Xyz Material instead.
    ATK/3750 DEF/2500

Raidraptor - Gigabit Strix
    DARK
    Bottom-Left, Bottom, Bottom-Right,
    Winged Beast/Link/Effect
    3 DARK Winged Beast-type monsters
    You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck in the Monster Card Zones this card points to, except "Raidraptor" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. This card gains 500 ATK for each Winged Beast monster you control (other than this card). You can add 1 "Raidraptor" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" card from your GY to your hand. Each effect of "Raidraptor - Gigabit Strix" can only be used once per turn.
    100/ATK LINK-3

Raidraptor - Betrayal Fusion
    Normal Spell Card
    Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by banishing "Raidraptor" monsters you control or in your GY as Fusion Material. You can banish this card from your GY: return 1 banished "Raidraptor" monster to the Deck. You may only activate 1 effect of "Raidraptor - Betrayal Fusion" per turn, and only once that turn.

Raidraptor - Redemption
    Normal Trap Card
    Target 1 Fusion Monster you control: Special Summon 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster with a Rank equal to or 1 Rank higher than the targeted monster's Level from your Extra Deck using the targeted monster as Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) You can banish this card from your GY: target 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster you control, attach 1 banished "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster to it as Xyz Material. This effect of "Raidraptor - Redemption" can only be used once per turn.

And now the meme card

Raidraptor - BUY RAIDRAPTORS
    Normal Spell Card
    Once per turn, if for some reason you brought your wallet to the Duel; you may give your opponent 5 USD, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Raidraptor" Xyz Monster from your Extra Deck and attach this card to it as Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon.) If you are about to win the duel, you can banish this card from your GY: take back any money you gave your opponent this Match.
    Last edited by BUYRAIDRAPTORS; 7th April 2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: can't decide a color for Xyz, also a quick change

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still can't decide whether to support Daedalus or Kairyushin for my Amazon of the Seas remake. What do you guys think would be more interesting?

@BUYRAIDRAPTORS You might want to consider a different color for the Xyz lettering. It's hard to read against the default dark gray background.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I still can't decide whether to support Daedalus or Kairyushin for my Amazon of the Seas remake. What do you guys think would be more interesting?
    Kairyushin is 海竜神, and the same characters are present in Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Deadalus. But the Ocean Lord/Sea God mentioned in the Japanese lore of Amazon of the Seas is written as 海の神. No 竜 "Dragon" there.

Unfortunately, there is no card with 海の神 in its name. But if you drop the の, you can find Maiden of the Aqua, which apparently is a priestess of the Sea God. On the other hand, there is Power of Kaishin, in the original Japanese is Power of Poseidon, but was reverse-translated to English with a Japanese name for the Sea God/Poseidon.

So, I think this mermaid serves as a herald to an anthropomorphic sea deity, not a dracomorphic one. So, the one this mermaid heralds has yet to be made into a monster, but we got 2 possible depictions of him in Power of Kaishin and Poseidon Wave.

I don't know in which direction you should take her remake. You could keep the trend of whole attribute/type support like the last 2 cards I've mentioned.

(By the way, if any card is ever release that supports "Warrior Lady" monsters, Amazon of the Seas would need a name errata/name clause.)
    Last edited by Link-0; 7th April 2018 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed with Amazon of the Seas is Fusion material for Aqua Dragon and Man-eating Black Shark. Both dangerous-looking 3-material fusions.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Kairyushin is 海竜神, and the same characters are present in Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Deadalus. But the Ocean Lord/Sea God mentioned in the Japanese lore of Amazon of the Seas is written as 海の神. No 竜 "Dragon" there.

Unfortunately, there is no card with 海の神 in its name. But if you drop the の, you can find Maiden of the Aqua, which apparently is a priestess of the Sea God. On the other hand, there is Power of Kaishin, in the original Japanese is Power of Poseidon, but was reverse-translated to English with a Japanese name for the Sea God/Poseidon.

So, I think this mermaid serves as a herald to an anthropomorphic sea deity, not a dracomorphic one. So, the one this mermaid heralds has yet to be made into a monster, but we got 2 possible depictions of him in Power of Kaishin and Poseidon Wave.

I don't know in which direction you should take her remake. You could keep the trend of whole attribute/type support like the last 2 cards I've mentioned.

(By the way, if any card is ever release that supports "Warrior Lady" monsters, Amazon of the Seas would need a name errata/name clause.)
    Thanks. I know the description doesn't match either of them or even The Furious Sea King for that matter. But since Poseidon isn't actually a card yet-and he would be on the level of Dark Ruler Ha Des- I figured I'd look toward the other two. Especially Daeudalus. But I might be able to find a way around that. Poseidon and Zeus really should have come out by now. We already have Hades, Artemis, Athena, and Ares was even played in the anime by Noah Kaiba.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kairyushin i think deserves the support just a teensy little bit more.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here is what I ended up with for Booster 4

Notes:
    I decided to avoid the Sea God in the room altogether and focus on Atlantis. Amazon of the Seas has become the first of a "Nereid" archetype of Sea Nymphs that serve the Ocean Lord. (There are 50 named Nereids altogether in Greek myth-including Amphitrite, Nereid Queen of the Sea/Poseidon's wife and mother of Triton).

Archfiend Kraken's effects are taken from Mako's original duel with Joey.

Gorgon Egg was actually depicted in anime-only Gorgonic support cards.

Yes, I've now made both "Forest" and "Mountain" Field Spell archetypes.

Dynamene, Nereid Herald of the Sea
    [Sea-Serpent/Effect]

This face-up card's name is also treated as "Amazon of the Seas". When this card is Summoned: You can discard 1 card to activate 1 "A Legendary Ocean" from your Deck or GY. While "Umi" is on the field: WATER monsters gain 200 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, you can target 1 WATER monster on the field(Quick Effect): Reduce its Level by 1; it gains ATK equal to its current Level x100 until the end of the turn. If this card was sent to the GY while you controlled "Umi": You can Special Summon this card or a Level 3 or lower "Nereid" monster from your GY during the End Phase.
    ATK/1300 DEF/1400

Savior Faith Bird
    [Winged-Beast/Effect]

Once per turn, when an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can reveal this card to negate that attack and switch the attacking monster to Defense Position(if possible), then Special Summon this monster. You cannot activate this effect if you have no open monster zones to summon this monster. You cannot Special Summon other monsters this turn.
    ATK/1500 DEF/1100

Archfiend Kraken
    [Aqua/Effect]

If you control "Umi": This monster cannot be targeted for an attack or by an opponent's card effect until the end of the turn after it was Summoned, also this card gains 400 ATK/DEF, also negate the effects of cards equipped to monsters this card battles during that battle. While this card is in the GY: You can target 1 "Fiend Kraken" you control when it is successfully Summoned; it gains this card's effects while face-up on the field.
    ATK/1200 DEF/1400

Gorgonic Egg
    [Rock/Effect]

If this card is sent from the field to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Gorgonic" monster from your Deck(except "Gorgonic Egg"). If this card battles, the ATK of the opponent's monster becomes "0" at the end of the Damage Step. While this card is in the GY: You can attach it to a "Gorgonic" Xyz monster you control but it is banished when it is detached. While this card is attached to a "Gorgonic" Xyz monster, that monster gains 500 ATK.
    ATK/300 DEF/1300

Spirit of the Highlands
    [Spellcaster/Effect]

Once per turn, you can discard a card: Add 1 "Mountain" Field Spell card from your Deck or GY to your hand. While you control a "Mountain" Field Spell card: This monster cannot be destroyed by card effects, also it gains 400 ATK/DEF.
    ATK/1300 DEF/1800

Next on my tour of Series 1 is Volume 5 and the cards I've chosen are:
    Dark Rabbit(toon'd up version)
    Hyo(lets play with Ice Counters)
    The Thing that Hides in the Mud(it attacks from the underneath...)
    Toad Master(T.A.D.P.O.L.E. summoner extraordinaire!)
    Wing Egg Elf(can't resist the Elf support)
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 8th April 2018 at 05:16 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Notes:
    I decided to avoid the Sea God in the room altogether and focus on Atlantis. Amazon of the Seas has become the first of a "Nereid" archetype of Sea Nymphs that serve the Ocean Lord. (There are 50 named Nereids altogether in Greek myth-including Amphitrite, Nereid Queen of the Sea/Poseidon's wife and mother of Triton).

Dynamene, Nereid Herald of the Sea
    [Sea-Serpent/Effect]

This face-up card's name is also treated as "Amazon of the Seas". When this card is Summoned: You can discard 1 card to activate 1 "A Legendary Ocean" from your Deck or GY. While "Umi" is on the field: WATER monsters gain 200 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, you can target 1 WATER monster on the field(Quick Effect): Reduce its Level by 1; it gains ATK equal to its current Level x100 until the end of the turn. If this card was sent to the GY while you controlled "Umi": You can Special Summon this card or a Level 3 or lower "Nereid" monster from your GY during the End Phase.
    ATK/1300 DEF/1400
    Good job on that one. Kind of late for this, but your explanation made me realise there is a Poseidon monster already after all. It is Neptabyss/Poseidra/Abyssgaios, whose names are based on Neptune/Poseidon/Ennosigaios which are identified as the same god. We also got two forms if Amphitrite as a Mermail. Oh, and by the way, we could say there is large overlap between Mermails and Nereids.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collectors Tin: Dragons of Legend

Collecting cards from Dragons of Legend, Dragons of Legend 2 and Dragons of Legend- Unleashed.

Also includes three Brand New Cards! Each card is a new Dragon that works with a card from one of the three Dragons of Legend sets!

Lonsdaleite Dragon
    [Dragon/Effect]

This monster cannot be Normal Summoned except by Tributing 1 "Hyozanryu" you control. If there are at least 10 cards in your GY when a "Carboneddon" you control is destroyed by battle: You can Banish it, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Deck. This monster cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn(except the turn it was Summoned), you can return this card to your hand: Destroy up to 2 face-up Spell Cards(min. 1) then you can add 1 banished "Carboneddon" to your hand. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in the hand.
    [B]ATK/2100 DEF/2800

Dragonwind Dagger
    [Dragon/Fusion/Effect]

Must be Special Summoned with "The Claw of Hermos", using a Dragon monster. If this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 other face-up monster on the field; equip this card to it. At the start of the Damage Step, if it battles an opponent's monster: The opponent's monster loses 700 ATK/DEF. Once per turn(Quick Effect): You can return this card to the Extra Deck and, if you do, destroy 1 opponent's Spell/Trap card.

ATK/1200 DEF/700

Number C100: Numeron Beyond Dragon
    [Dragon/Xyz/Effect]
    3 "Number" Xyz Monsters with the same name and Rank
    You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 100: Numeron Dragon" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Twice per turn: You can select 1 of your open Main Monster Zones and move a "Number" Xyz monster you control to it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card gains ATK equal to the combined Ranks of all Xyz Monsters currently on the field x 1000, until the end of your opponent's turn. When this card is destroyed by card effect: You can destroy as many monsters on the field as possible (min. 1), then each player Sets 1 Spell/Trap Card from their Graveyard to their field. When an opponent's monster declares an attack while this card is in your Graveyard and you have no cards in your hand or field: You can Special Summon 1 "Number" Xyz monster in your GY.
    ATK/0 DEF/0

Note:
    *"Lonsdaleite", also called hexagonal diamond in reference to the crystal structure, is an allotrope of carbon with a hexagonal lattice. In nature, it forms when meteorites containing graphite strike the Earth. The great heat and stress of the impact transforms the graphite into diamond, but retains graphite's hexagonal crystal lattice. Lonsdaleite is simulated to be 58% harder than diamond on the face and to resist indentation pressures of 152 GPa, whereas diamond would break at 97 GPa.

While I'm working on the cards from Volume 5, do you guys have any particular suggestions for Booster 5? Lots of curious stuff to choose from in that set.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 9th April 2018 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems that the Nostalgia support is moving its main focus from DM to GX, with upcoming Neo-spacian support and all. So, here is a card concept based on Judai's deck (anime Judai's, not manga Judai's).

Hero Signal 2
    [Counter Trap Card]
    (1) Activate one of these effects:
    If you opponent declares an attack: Special Summon an "Elemental HERO" Normal monster from your hand or deck, and if you do, negate that attack.
    If a card in your possession is targeted by your opponent's card effect: Special Summon an "Elemental HERO" Normal monster from your hand or deck, and if you do, negate that opponent's card effect.
    (2) If a "Skyscraper" Field Spell card is face-up on the field, you can banish this card from your GY to activate one of the above effects.

Artwork: based on Hero Signal, but with two 'H' signal spotlights instead.

Lore and references:
    First, this is obviously an upgraded version of Hero Signal. Just like the original, it summons an Elemental HERO from hand or deck in response to aggression. But this time around, the hero arrives just before it is too late and is able to prevent the attack. Much more Hero-like.

This card is also a reference to Hero's Rule 2. It has "2" in its name, it is also a Counter Trap, and it also negates targeting effects.

Also, the "2" in its name is punny. First, is is like version 2 of Hero Signal. Secondly, it has 2 effects to choose from. Finally, it can be activated a 2nd time from the GY, resulting in 2 summons, which is double what the original Hero Singal summoned.

It also takes cues from Hero Blast by giving you a Normal hero for free while doing something else useful. Also, the ability to banish from GY to negate an attack is reminescent of Necro Gardna.

Gameplay design:
    As theme support, it's helps contact fusions by putting Neos from the deck into the field for free. On the downside, it's slow and relies on opponent's actions. But the triggering conditions are rather easy to hit. I think it is balanced overall.
    Last edited by Link-0; 10th April 2018 at 07:44 PM.