User Tag List

Page 280 of 283 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2828

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Effect-wise, I liked the Harpies the most. Concept-wise, the Melodious were my favourite.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fifth card for my Para/Dox Legend Duelist Labyrinth theme.

Labyrinth Ruler
    [Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect]

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Earth Chant"; and if you do, you can activate "Labyrinth Dungeon" from your Deck. Gains 500 ATK for each "Labyrinth Wall" you control. If this card's Battle Position is switched: You can Special Summon 1"Labyrinth Wall" from your Spell/Trap Zone. Once per turn: You can Normal Set a "Labyrinth" monster from your Deck OR set a "Labyrinth" Spell/Trap from your Deck but it cannot be Flip Summoned or activated this turn. Once per turn (Quick Effect): Your opponent can switch control of one of their monsters to you until this card is destroyed, and if they do, this card is switched to Attack Position. If this card is destroyed: Return it to the Deck.
    ATK 0/DEF 2800

And updated test for the previous set of 4.
    Spoiler Alert!

Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Labyrinth Wall Corridor
    [Rock/Effect]

If you control a "Labyrinth Dungeon": You can Special Summon this monster from your hand. This card's name becomes "Labyrinth Wall" while face-up on the field or in the GY. During a Battle: Monster effects cannot be activated except by the monsters battling. Once per turn: You can discard this card to add 1 "Labyrinth" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. When this monster is sent from the field to the GY or sent to the GY by its own effect, you can place it in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell card with this effect:
    ● Once per turn, if you control a "Labyrinth Dungeon": You can move a face-up monster to an empty Main Monster Zone or switch Monster Zones with another monster on it's field.

ATK/0 DEF/3000

Dungeon Worm of the Labyrinth
    [Insect/Flip/Effect]

Flip: Destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls with ATK less than 1800 and inflict 800 damage to your opponent's Life Points. Switches to Attack Position when flipped face-up. Gains 200 ATK each time it destroys a monster by battle or its card effect. Once per turn, if "Labyrinth Dungeon" is face up on the field (Quick Effect): You can flip this monster face-down. You can treat this card in your hand as a Rock monster.

ATK/1800 DEF/1500

Labyrinth Tank Mobilized
    [Machine/Fusion/Effect]

"Labyrinth Wall" + 1 EARTH monster
    Must first be Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by tributing the above cards. (You do not use "Polymerization".) If this monster is Special Summoned from your Extra Deck: You can return up to 2 cards on the field to the Deck. If there is a face-up "Labyrinth Dungeon" on the field: Spell/Trap effects cannot be activated during a battle involving this monster. Once per turn: You can move this card from the Extra Monster Zone to an open Main Monster Zone on your field OR switch this card's Main Monster Zone with a "Labyrinth Wall" you control. Deals Piercing Battle Damage. If this card Battles a monster in its column: Gains 300 ATK during Damage Calculation.

ATK/2400 DEF/2400

Labyrinth Dungeon
    Spell

"Labyrinth" monsters gain 200 ATK/DEF. If a monster you control is equipped with "Magical Labyrinth": You can add 1 "Wall Shadow" from your Deck or GY to your hand, also if the equipped monster is targeted by a card effect; you can switch it's Monster Zone with another "Labyrinth" monster you control and treat that card as the target. If a "Wall Shadow" you control is sent from the field to the GY: You can Special Summon a "Labyrinth Wall" in your Spell/Trap Zone. If this card would be destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Labyrinth Wall" in your Spell/Trap Zone instead. If a "Labyrinth Wall" Normal monster is sent from the field to the GY: You can place it in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell card with this effect:
    ● Once per turn: You can switch a "Labyrinth" monster you control to face-up or face-down Defense Position.

Reprints
    Spoiler Alert!

Labyrinth Wall
    Wall Shadow
    Shadow Ghoul

Magical Labyrinth

*Guardian of the Labyrinth becomes renamed "Underworld Watchman" or something to avoid text-bloating confusion.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 19th August 2018 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legend Duelist: Burning Light Concert
    It took me some time to carefully review this, but it was interesting!

--Harpies--
    "Harpie Huntresses" is a very cool name idea and in terms of artwork it could be a Harpie Lady Sisters counterpart of sorts, featuring multiple harpies as a single monster card. However, the stats and effect are lackluster.

Harpie Lady Duet is a great concept, and it is cool to see it here again. Unfortunately, its second effect would rarely trigger, because one would almost invariably use Sisters to summon Empress.

Because, well, Empress is too good not to summon it right after you summon Sisters. 2800 ATK, S/T removal, swarm and floating, and more removal. Want.

The Spell based on Pet Dragon's attack name is a nice idea too, but the burn is too small and situational.

Concert's effects, except the first one, are well thought both in lore and in gameplay. I like that it means "if you destroy all my Harpies, I will summon them all back". The first effect doesn't seem necessary, because there are many other S/T removal options and it would mean giving up on the remaining effects of Concert.

--Cyber Girl/Angel--
    I've already comented on the first 4 cards in https://forums.ygorganization.com/sh...akti#post51964

Assemble Fusion's wording is still confusing, but the idea is cool and reminds of Double Passe both in name and effect.

Machine Angel Respite has a weird wording as well, but if it works the way I understand, it keeps the theme of starting the duel with Cyber Girls and then switch into Cyber Angels. My main concern with this strategy is in real life you don't necessarily draw into cyber girls first, and if you are already playing Cyber Angels, this trap has no use anymore. It's kinda like "D-Time".
    --Black Rose /FIRE-Plant--
    I like the Black Rose Witch theme, as well as the idea of Aki gaining her own "beyond Synchro Summon" method. Like she embraces her past as Black Rose Witch and turns it into a positive future.

But even after reading the cards multiple times, I still don't understand how they are supposed to be played. It all feels very convoluted. So, I can't really give a useful review.

--Trains--
    I haven't watched ZEXAL yet, so, I don't know much about Anna and her story with Trains.

Expedition is already good support just for being a Switchyard searcher, so the rest are good bonuses.

Sceneshifter would be useful in Geargia and maybe Gadgets and Machina, for its high ATK, destruction resistance and S/T removal.

The Chaos Xyz evolution of Gustav Max is fearsome. And the Rank-Up Magic card is simple and effective.

I think Inroad Railroad doesn't give enough to give up on Switchyard. But appraise the idea of evolving the field by constructing more rails.

--Melodious--
    Mezzo and Contralto complete the voice types for Songtresses, along with Soprano. Their "search when summoned" effects are obviously powerful. Their "used as material" effects also fit with patterns from existing cards. But them being Pendulums doesn't provide much benefit. But I understand why they are: the "Pendulum dimension" would have Pendulum Melodious, if we ever saw Yuzu dueling again.

I don't like Beethovena. I know it is very easy to summon with Mezzo searching Cannon, but the effect is weak and your opponent may thank you for the free mill. I get that it tries to relate to Schuberta's OCG effect, but I think it misses the point. Both in the anime and in real life, Schuberta's main purpose is disrupting your opponent's game plan by banishing what need in the GY. The ATK boost is not the main point.

Bachelle is better, and the simple fact that it is a Rank 4 Melodious with 2400 ATK makes her playable. But her effect is not very useful. More often than not, the affected monsters would either fall for the 2400 ATK anyway, or have effects to get rid of Bachelle without battle. It could be better.

The field spell is decent. It boost ATK, protects the thematic special summons, and summons back materials. And the last effect can break an Extra link.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aki's cards here are designed to win through attrition and field disruption. Taking advantage of the plant tokens from either Garden field spell. But especially the Burning Rose Tokens. Each time a Burning Rose Token leaves the field it causes burn damage. Burning Rose Garden will boost that burn damage by an extra 400 and Troubaritz separately burns another 300 additionally. Sorceress blows up a token on entrance and promptly replaces it for further burning. Additionally if you have either Garden field spell on the field you can use those tokens on your opponent's field as tributes for any tribute summon monsters like Queen Angel of Roses, Amaryllis if it ever gets off Ban list, and Rose Tentacles which can't be Special Summoned but can go crazy with attacking plant tokens on your opponent's field left and right all in the same battle phase inflicting 300 burn each time one is destroyed. Also you can send Dark Verger to the GY as cost with Burning Rose Garden to Normal summon from the Deck triggering Dark Verger's effect in the GY and thus allowing you to summon another Burning Rose Token.

Beethovena can stock the GY for Schuberta. There is no minimum for Beethovena's effect so you could actually mill just your own cards if you wanted and from then on every time Beethovena battles whether she wins or not, she inflicts burn damage. Also there's not much to worry about for either of them since Melodious key cards include Aria who prevents Melodious monsters from being targeted by card effects or being destroyed by battle as well as Elegy who prevents Melodious monsters from being destroyed by card effects. The Aria-Elegey Lock.

What do you mean by "give up on Switchyard"?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aki's cards here[...]
    Hmm, thanks for the explanation, it's easier to follow the logic of the cards now.

Beast of the Black Rose has got the typical field searcher stats and effect, plus more support for the strategy. And a level 4 tuner too.

Troubaritz has interesting effects which help the strategy. I'm not sure if it would be worth playing, because it doesn't SS itself and Witch of the Black Rose cannot be SS'ed. But I like it. Very 5D's-y.

Sorceress is sort of important for the token burn strategy, I wish her token popping effect was not one shot (when summoned), but somehow able to threaten your opponent every turn.

I like the Nebula Rose Dragon idea. It is not a viable card, and neither is Red Nova Dragon, but it would still work in an anime episode.

Burning Rose Garden effect to burial and normal summon any plant from the deck is a bit dangerous. Halving the level makes a good counterpart to Black Garden halving the ATK. The rest is setup for the game plan with burn tokens.

you can use those tokens on your opponent's field as tributes
    Oh. Okay. That was not explicitly written on the cards, but now it makes more sense why you've restricted Tributes.
    If you want to be able to Tribute from the both player's field, it must be explicit: "Can be used as Tribute from either side of the field by a controller a "Garden" Field Spell, but cannot Tributed otherwise."

Beethovena can stock the GY for Schuberta. There is no minimum for Beethovena's effect so you could actually mill just your own cards if you wanted and from then on every time Beethovena battles whether she wins or not, she inflicts burn damage.
    Ah, yes, that better. I read it as if I had to mill the same number of cards from both players' decks. You may want to replace "each" with "either" in that effect, to clarify it.

What do you mean by "give up on Switchyard"?
    Nevermind, I take back what I wrote about it. I had somehow missed the "activate this card by placing it in your opponent's Field Zone." part, and it changes everything! Placing a Field Spell card in your opponent's field is a really innovative idea!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Troubaritz has interesting effects which help the strategy. I'm not sure if it would be worth playing, because it doesn't SS itself and Witch of the Black Rose cannot be SS'ed. But I like it. Very 5D's-y.
    Burning Rose Garden can Normal Summon Witch of the Black Rose from the Deck triggering Troubaritz in the GY. You can also summon Queen of Thorns and sneak around its cost effect by Normal Summoning straight from the Deck with Burning Rose Garden.

Nebula was built essentially to tackle the banishing side of Aki's deck replenishing cards banished by such monsters as Black Rose Dragon, Splendid Rose, Fallen Angel of Roses, Rosaria and cards like Mark of Rose.

Possibly Beast's most important effect is turning other monsters into plants wherever it goes off the field. If it is in the graveyard all other monsters in your Graveyard become plants, if it gets banished all of your other banished monsters become plants while it hangs out there opening up more of Aki's deck which disparately has random Spellcasters, Fairies, Warriors and of course Dragons even though practically all of her deck supports only Plant monsters. Beast is supposed to be also a reference to the Beast from Beauty and the Beast with Rose Lover making a cameo in the art as Belle. Sorceress should visually resemble the outfit Aki wore as the Black Rose Witch.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 25th August 2018 at 02:09 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Plus, I'm proud of the name and art references lol.
    You can be! In particular Plaguespreading having an actual "zombifying" effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    And Dark Scorpion support. The meme will never die.
    Thanks for bringing in Dark Scorpions, really! This was a super fun concept to read.

The first effect of Don Zaloog's Camp is a very clever gimmick, but can be particularly strong with Meanae.
    It does not work with Sombre (because you don't make the choice when activating, but while resolving). Not sure if intentional, but I think it is fine like this.

Cliff's Scheme helps the strategy a lot. A Call of the Mummy with benefits and a Moon Mirror Shield for all Dark Scorpions, in a single card.
    Chick's Flight is a solid take on the Pendulum Call kind of search spell, and lorewise priceless. Now, looking at Chick's artwork, it does seem like is trying to flee.
    Sombre's literal switching sides effect is fun, and provides an easy punching bag for triggering DS effects. And tutoring Don Zaloog is of major importance, of course.
    Talking about punching bags, Maenae's Bribery effect makes me giggle. It would be so much fun to play this in real life! On, and that 400 ATK value is a reference to DS Combination, I bet.
    Gorg's Ambush is fearsome. An Infernity Barrier *from hand*? Want. Applying a DS effect is a cool bonus. (It would have rulings issues with Sombre, though.)
    Sombre's Betrayal is a MST (or a Cosmic Cyclone) but for monsters too. Oh, and it burials a DS for Meanae to recurse, I suppose.
    Enraged Don Zaloog is good. The negative link arrows effect makes sense a lot of sense, because in this state he thinks everyone else is only getting in the way, and DS are not focused on summoning multiple monsters from Extra Deck anyway. The (3)rd effect is a bit out of context, but it is powerful and can be game ending if the opponent has got many monsters to destroy.

The only suggestion I have is that the Spells and Traps should be "Dark Scorpion" cards. I like how each is based on a character and I understand that "specifically lists "Don Zaloog" in its text" works too, but I see 2 reasons not to go that route:
    ● All previous S/T support had "Dark Scorpion" in their name. This includes both the TCG/OCG cards (Mustering and Combination) and even the GX anime-only cards (Retreat and Tragedy of Love).
    ● Meanae effects can search {"Dark Scorpion" cards}. Not only monsters, but also Spells and Traps. This was not very common in cards from such an early era, so it would be a waste if Meanae was not able to search new DS support cards.

----------------

I've also created a concept for a cross promotion card:

Dark Scorpion Burglars Return!
    DARK Level 4
    [Warrior/Fusion/Effect]
    "Don Zaloog" + 4 "Dark Scorpion" monsters with different names.
    Must first be Fusion Summoned using the the above materials. Cannot be used as Fusion Material.
    (1) You can also Fusion Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling exactly the above materials from your hand, field or GY into your deck (in which case you do not use "Polymerization").
    (2) Cards sent from your opponent's Deck to their GY are added to your hand instead.
    (3) When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, you can choose and activate 1 of these effects:
    ● Excavate cards from the top of your opponent's deck until you excavate a Spell, then send that Spell to their GY, also return the remaining cards to the top of their deck in any order.
    ● Tribute this card; Special Summon from your Deck 1 "Don Zaloog" and up to 3 "Dark Scorpion" monsters with different names.
    ATK 500 / DEF 300

It is a remake of Dark Scorpions Burglars, obviously, but with Sombre instead of Chick. The "Return!" part of the name is in the same sense as when disbanded or retired music bands make a "return" years later.
    A team of robbers is as weak as the weakest of its members. This was true for the original Burglars (dragged down by Chick's ATK/DEF), so I've kept the pattern here, with Sombre.

The summoning conditions prevent Instant Fusion and looping.
    The (1)st effect makes it easy to summon in the mid-late game. It also symbolizes their "return".
    The (2)nd effect is literal robbing, which is supposed to be their job. It's also a troll floodgate effect.
    The (3)rd are the trademark 2 optional effects.
    ● The first option is inspired by the original Burglars, but your opponent can't choose the card. Also, you get to see other cards and don't need to leave them in the same order. It's meant to symbolize their plan to rob the Tyrant's castle, not leaving anything in its original place when they leave.
    ● The second option is what is left of the team after Sombre's betrayal. You will most likely go for this option, and that's meant to symbolize how the original plan was disrupted.
    Last edited by Link-0; 31st August 2018 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of Joey's cards as an OCG effect.

Aura Armor
    Trap

If an opponent's monster declares a direct attack while you have 4000 or less LP: Negate the attack, also Special Summon this card to your Main Monster Zone as a Normal Monster (Warrior/EARTH/Level 4/ATK ?/DEF ?). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap.) If this card was sent from the Main Monster Zone to the GY, this card in your GY can be Special Summoned as that same Normal Monster by card effects. If this card would be Special Summoned to your Main Monster Zone: Your life points are halved (before summoning): This card's ATK/DEF will be equal to your current LP.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 31st August 2018 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of Joey's cards as an OCG effect.

Aura Armor
    Trap

If an opponent's monster declares a direct attack while you have 4000 or less LP: Negate the attack, also Special Summon this card to your Main Monster Zone as a Normal Monster (Warrior/EARTH/Level 4/ATK ?/DEF ?). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap.) If this card was sent from the Main Monster Zone to the GY, this card in your GY can be Special Summoned as that same Normal Monster by card effects. If this card would be Special Summoned to your Main Monster Zone: Your life points are halved (before summoning): This card's ATK/DEF will be equal to your current LP.
    So, pay up to 2000 LP to summon an up to 2000 ATK/DEF monster? Also, not chainable, and not usable if your life points are higher.

I think it needs a buff, because, as it stands, it does not offer any advantage over many existing alternatives, in spite of its many disadvantages.

The first card Joey activated after Aura Armor was Roll of Fate, so, Aura Armor could inlcude Roll of Fate's effect (or search for it instead, but I doubt Roll of Fate could be made into a realistic card without being nerfed beyond repair).

Another idea: Aura Armor could special summon itself from the GY when a Ritual Monster you control leave the field.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My take.

Aura Armor
    [Normal Trap]
    (1) If an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: Negate that attack, also, if you have 4000 or less LP, halve your LP, and if you do, Special Summon a "Player Token" (Warrior/Effect/EARTH/Level 4/ATK ?/DEF ?) with the following effects:
    ● This monter's original ATK/DEF is equal to its controller's LP.
    ● Once per turn, during your Stand-by Phase: roll a six-sided die, and if you do, draw a number of cards equal to the result, then send the same number of cards from the top of your deck to the GY.
    (2) If a Ritual Monster(s) you control is removed from the field by your opponent's card effect: You can banish this card from your GY; halve your LP, and if you do, Special Summon a "Player Token" with the above effects.

Closer to the anime, in that it uses a Player Token, but buffed with more flexibility and effects. The possibility of drawing and milling up to 6 cards each would make this card fun to play, or force your opponent to waste monster removal on the token.
    Last edited by Link-0; 31st August 2018 at 06:12 PM.