Page 29 of 283 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojin View Post
    So! After bingeing this entire thread over the course of a night or so, I've decided to make my first (technically second, I guess) post in this thread, with an archetype I made when I was bored once.

The Crusader archetype is supposed to be similar to Satellars or Constellars, in that they're both LIGHT and centered around filling your side of the field with monsters. However, that's where the similarities end, because Crusaders cannot be used as material for any kind of summon (not even a Tribute Summon), and can't be Pendulum Summoned. In exchange, their spamming ability is unparalleled, and they have several effects that focus on removing Extra Deck, Ritual, and Tribute Summoned monsters. Please let me know if you think they're too spammy, or if you have any other grievances with them. Without further ado, the cards!
    Nice idea, but to future proofing and making the text less messy I suggest to change the condition to:

This card cannot be Tributed, Pendulum Summoned, or used as material for a special summon. This effect cannot be negated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, thanks for the fix! I'll be implementing it shortly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second Wave!!!

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojin View Post
    Ah, thanks for the fix! I'll be implementing it shortly.
    To narrow it down, just remove the "This card" bit. Also, I think the Pendulum Summon restriction is a bit overkill, since the archetype doesn't have Pendulums and Pendulums wouldn't really impact the deck that much.

You can activate one of the following effects:
    *You can discard this card to target one “Crusader” monster you control. It gains 500 ATK until the End Phase.
    *You can banish this card from your Graveyard to Special Summon one “Crusader” monster from your Graveyard or Banished Zone, except this card.
    *When this card is Summoned, all face-up “Crusader” monsters you control gain 500 ATK until the End Phase.
    You can only activate one “Crusader Priestess” effect per turn, and only once that turn.
    No need to specify "You can activate one of the following effects" since they all have different areas of activation. Dot points are also unnecessary.

Also
    If you do, you can Normal Summon one "Crusader" monster from your hand in addition to your regular Normal Summon/Set this turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
    Unnecessary.

You can only banish up to 2 monsters per turn with this card’s effect.
    I'd change this to "You can only activate this effect of "Crusader Bishop" twice per turn".

Crusader's Angelic Inspiration is treated as a "Crusader" monster anyway since it's still in the name. Also, since you can't use Crusaders as materials, you can't banish them at all for her condition.

For the record, we still don't use "piercing" as a term on its own. We use "If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent" or some variant thereof.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may as well put these down, seeing as I've had them stored in my brain for ages.

Belias, the Gigas
    Level 5 FIRE Pyro-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/1800
    DEF/1500
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by destroying 1 Spell/Trap Card you control. If this card is destroyed: Your opponent Tributes 1 monster they control (for no effect).

Mateus, the Corrupt
    Level 5 WATER Sea Serpent-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/1500
    DEF/1900
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by destroying 1 Spell/Trap Card you control. If this card is destroyed: End the Battle Phase, or if it is not the Battle Phase, skip the next Battle Phase.

Shemhazai, the Whisperer
    Level 7 DARK Beast Warrior-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/2300
    DEF/2700
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 2 Spell Cards from your Graveyard, but if you do, it cannot be used as Xyz Material. If this card declares an attack: Place 1 Devour Soul Counter on this card. If this card is destroyed: Destroy all face-up monsters whose Level/Rank is less than the number of Devour Soul Counters on this card + the number of Spell Cards in your Graveyard.

Hashmal, Bringer of Order
    Level 7 EARTH Beast-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/2400
    DEF/2800
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 2 monsters from your Graveyard during your Main Phase 2. If your LP is 1000 or less: You can destroy all face-up monsters whose Level/Rank is equal to or lower than this card's Level. You can only use this effect of "Hashmal, Bringer of Order" once per Duel.

Famfrit, the Darkening Cloud
    Level 9 WATER Aqua-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/3200
    DEF/2800
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is destroyed: Destroy all Set cards on the field.

Adrammelech, the Wroth
    Level 5 LIGHT Thunder-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/1900
    DEF/1600
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by destroying 1 Spell/Trap Card you control. If this card is destroyed: Target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.

Zalera, the Des Seraph
    Level 5 DARK Zombie-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/1500
    DEF/1500
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by destroying 1 Zombie-Type monster you control. At the start of the Damage Step, when this card battles a monster with 2500 or less ATK: Destroy that monster. If this card is destroyed: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; that target loses ATK equal to its DEF, and if its ATK becomes 0 by this effect, destroy it.

Cuchulainn, the Impure
    Level 7 EARTH Aqua-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/2500
    DEF/2600
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), but its original ATK and DEF are halved. Cannot be used as Synchro or Xyz Material. Any effect that would inflict damage to you makes you gain half that much LP instead. If this card is destroyed: Halve the ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters on the field.

Zeromus, the Condemner
    Level 8 DARK Fiend-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/2500
    DEF/2500
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2 monsters you control. At the start of the Damage Step, during your turn: The ATK of the monster that this card is battling becomes 500. Once per turn, during either player's turn: Negate the activation of a Spell Card and if you do, destroy that card. If this card is destroyed: The ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters becomes 500.

Exodus, the Judge-Sal
    Level 8 EARTH Spellcaster-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/?
    DEF/3000
    You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2 monsters you control. This card can attack while it is in Defense Position. During your Standby Phase: Roll a six-sided die; this card gains ATK equal to the result x500 until the End Phase. Once per turn, during either player's turn: Negate the activation of a Trap Card, and if you do, destroy that card. If this Defense Position card is destroyed: Roll a six-sided die; destroy all face-up monsters with equal or less ATK than the result x500.

Chaos, Walker of the Wheel
    Level 9 WIND Fiend-Type Effect Monster
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: Special Summon 4 "Chaosjet Tokens" (Psychic-Type/Level 2/ ATK: 1000/DEF: 1000/1 EARTH/1 WIND/1 WATER/1 FIRE). "Chaosjet Tokens" cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon except for the Summon of a monster with the same Attribute. Once per turn, when either player's monster declares an attack: Negate that attack. If this card is destroyed: Declare an Attribute; destroy all face-up monsters with that Attribute.

Ultima, the High Seraph
    Level 10 LIGHT Fairy-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/4000
    DEF/4000
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is destroyed: Destroy all face-up monsters with 3000 or less ATK. Your LP must be 1000 or less to activate and resolve this effect.

Zodiark, Keeper of Precepts
    Level 11 DARK Wyrm-Type Effect Monster
    ATK/3000
    DEF/3000
    Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters you control and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is destroyed: Destroy all cards on the field. You must control no cards to activate and resolve this effect. Once per turn, you can activate one of the following effects:
    ●The ATK of this card becomes 5000 until the End Phase.
    ● This turn, this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

As you can see, they're based on the Espers from Final Fantasy XII. Never played the game, used to hate on it, don't anymore, and that was largely because it didn't have the traditional Summons. But these are still awesome. Will explain effect choices if asked, but for now a little worn from typing these babies up.

Sanokal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normon Scout
    LV 6 Light warrior-type Effect Monster
    Atk 2000
    Def 1500

This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. you can normal summon this card from your hand without tributing, but it's original attack becomes 1500. once per turn: you can special summon 1 "Normon" monster from your deck

Normon squire
    Atk 1700
    Def 1000
    This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. if this card is normal summoned: add 1 "normon" card from your deck to your hand.

Normon medic
    Atk 1200
    Def 2100
    This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. once per turn: you can special summon 1 "normon" monster from your graveyard.

Normon knight
    Rank 6 Light warrior-type xyz monster
    2 LV6 Light warrior-Type monsters
    Atk 2800
    Def 2500
    This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. once per turn: you can detach one material from this card, target up to 2 cards on the field; send them to the graveyard

Normon sword
    equip spell
    equip only to a "Normon" monster. It gains 300 attack. once per turn, during either players turn, you can target 1 special summoned monster your opponent controls; destroy it.
    Last edited by nitrogames; 18th October 2015 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    To narrow it down, just remove the "This card" bit. Also, I think the Pendulum Summon restriction is a bit overkill, since the archetype doesn't have Pendulums and Pendulums wouldn't really impact the deck that much.

No need to specify "You can activate one of the following effects" since they all have different areas of activation. Dot points are also unnecessary.

Also

Unnecessary.

I'd change this to "You can only activate this effect of "Crusader Bishop" twice per turn".

Crusader's Angelic Inspiration is treated as a "Crusader" monster anyway since it's still in the name. Also, since you can't use Crusaders as materials, you can't banish them at all for her condition.

For the record, we still don't use "piercing" as a term on its own. We use "If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent" or some variant thereof.
    Thanks Hope! (I hope you don't mind if I call you that.) I'm going to dinner right now, but when I get back I'll add those in right away.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Interstice: Darkening skies

For Synchro, we have the Blackwings. For Xyz, we have the Raidraptors. Now it's the turn of Fusions and I submit the "Ill Omens" as my DARK Winged-Beast archetype of choice! These foreboding avians will overshadow your opponent's plays, foretelling terrible things to come as they play...

Ill Omen of Gathering
    DARK
    Winged-Beast-type/Effect
    Level 2
    500 / 2000
    'During your Main Phase: You can reveal this card in your hand. If your opponent Summons a monster while this card in your hand is revealed: You can add 1 "Ill Omen" monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, you can Special Summon this card.'

Ill Omen of Hunting
    DARK
    Winged-Beast-type/Effect
    Level 2
    1000 / 1500
    'During your Main Phase: You can reveal this card and 1 other "Ill Omen" monster in your hand. If your opponent activates a card effect while this card and 1 other "Ill Omen" monster in your hand are revealed: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent, and if you do, the effect of that activated card becomes "Your opponent targets 1 monster you control: Return it to the bottom of the deck". Afterwards, Special Summon both "Ill Omen" monsters revealed by this effect.'

Ill Omen of Decay
    DARK
    Winged-Beast-type/Effect
    Level 4
    1800 / 400
    'During your Main Phase: You can reveal this card in your hand. During your End Phase, if this card in your hand is revealed: You can add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your hand. When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Ill Omen" card from your deck to your hand and reveal it. You can only activate each effect of "Ill Omen of Decay" once per turn. All monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to the number of revealed "Ill Omen" cards in your hand x 400.'

Ill Omen of War
    DARK
    Winged-Beast-type/Fusion/Effect
    Level 6
    2400 / 1900
    '"Ill Omen of Gathering" + 1 "Ill Omen" monster
    If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Ill Omen" monster in your Graveyard that was used as a Fusion Material Monster for this card. All monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to the Levels of all "Ill Omen" monsters you control x 100 and must attack each turn if able. Once per turn, when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap effect: Negate it.
    '

Reverisar, the Eternal Night
    DARK
    Winged-Beast-type/Fusion/Effect
    Level 11
    2100 / 3000
    '2 or more "Ill Omen" Fusion Monsters
    Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each Fusion Material used for its Fusion Summon. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Ill Omen" monster from your Graveyard. While you control an "Ill Omen" monster, this card cannot be targeted by, or destroyed by, card effects or battle. During your End Phase: You can activate this effect; during your opponent's next End Phase, you win the duel. You must control this face-up card and 4 "Ill Omen" monsters to activate and resolve this effect.
    '

Ill-Prepared Fusion of Ill Omen...
    Normal Trap
    'During your Main Phase: You can reveal this card in your hand. If your opponent activates the effect of a card(s) in their Graveyard: You can banish this revealed card in your hand; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower "Ill Omen" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, but destroy it during the End Phase of this turn. If you control no other cards, send, from your Deck to the Graveyard, the Fusion Materials listed on an "Ill Omen" Fusion Monster card, then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon), but it is returned to the Extra Deck during the End Phase of this turn. You can only activate 1 effect of "Ill-Prepared Fusion of Ill Omen" per turn, and only once that turn.'

Well-Prepared Fusion of Ill Omen...
    Normal Trap
    'During your Main Phase: You can reveal this card in your hand. If your opponent activates the effect of a card(s) in their hand: You can banish this revealed card in your hand; Special Summon 1 (higher leveled) "Ill Omen" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, but your opponent takes no further damage until the end of this turn. If you have at least 3 revealed cards in your hand, send, from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, the Fusion Materials listed on an "Ill Omen" Fusion Monster card, then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only activate 1 effect of "Ill-Prepared Fusion of Ill Omen" per turn, and only once that turn.'

And an extra:

Golem Summoning Technique
    Continuous Spell
    'Once per turn: You can banish 1 monster and target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; Special Summon that Spell Card as a monster with the same Type, Attribute, Level, ATK, and DEF as the banished monster's.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to make retrains of the type1(The silents, really) LV monsters and an Archetype to go with it. I wanted to try fixing 3 problems the Type 1 and LV monsters have in general; recovery, protection, and speed. Here are the Stage 1's for the RPG Theme. This is my first time doing this so here goes.

RPG Hero LV3
    1500/1000
    Light/Warrior/Pendulum/effect
    PS2
    Pendulum effect:
    If a “LV” monster would be destroyed by battle, you can destroy this card instead. You can only Pendulum summon "LV" Monsters.
    Monster effect:
    You can only use each effect of “RPG Hero LV4” once per turn and only once that turn.
    (1) If this card is Normal summoned; you can add 1 “RPG” or “LV (reberu)” Card from your deck to your hand.
    (2) During the standby phase of your next turn after this card was summoned: you can tribute; Special summon “Silent swordsman LV5” Or "RPG Hero LV5" from hand or deck.

RPG Magician LV4
    1000/1000
    Light/Spellcaster/Pendulum/effect
    PS7
    Pendulum Effect:
    If a “LV” monster would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only Pendulum summon "LV" Monsters.
    Monster Effect:
    This card is treated as “Silent Magician LV4”. on the field and in the graveyard.
    You can only activate each effect of “RPG Mage LV4” once per turn and; only once that turn.
    (1) If this card would be destroyed: You can remove a spell counter from this card instead.
    (2) Each time your Opponent draws a card: place a spell counter on this card (max. 3).
    (3) this card gains 500 ATK for each spell counter.
    (4) During the Standby Phase of your next turn after the 3rd Spell Counter is placed on this card: You can tribute this face-up card with 3 Spell Counters; Special Summon 1 "Silent Magician LV8" or “RPG Mage LV8” from your hand or Deck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phantom Curse of Dragon
    lv 5 Dark
    Dragon/Effect
    While you control no face-up monsters: you can Special Summon this card (from your hand.) You can tribute this face-up card and 1 “Gaia The Fierce Knight” monster from either your side of the field or your hand; Special Summon 1 "Gaia the Soaring Dragon Champion" from your Extra Deck to your side of the field (this Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)
    ATK/2000 DEF/1500

Basically something to support Gaia the Soaring Dragon Champion. Also any thoughts on this and my first 2 waves of Image Cards would be nice (b^_^)b