Page 30 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Registered User TheycallmeBrick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game Time

You know, we've all had some fun with this thread in the month and a half since it started. However, think it's about time we got some community projects going on around here. Which is why I propose that we start a game. A game of making cards that you play card games with, if you can believe that.

The game is called "And Another Thing", and here's how it works. I'm going to talk about an already-existing card, series, or perhaps underrated archetype, talking about its good points and its weak points. Then, I'm going to talk about how it COULD be expanded, and after I do, I'll leave it up to the community to ACTUALLY expand upon the original topic (some posting restrictions apply).

After some time has passed, I'll post an aftermath to that round of the game, containing an amalgam of all the best ideas I had seen during the round. To top it off, the person who I thought came up with the best idea overall gets to host the next round.

So, would anyone be interested in playing?
    Last edited by TheycallmeBrick; 18th October 2015 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheycallmeBrick View Post
    Game Time

You know, we've all had some fun with this thread in the month and a half since it started. However, think it's about time we got some community projects going on around here. Which is why I propose that we start a game. A game of making cards that you play card games with, if you can believe that.

The game is called "And Another Thing", and here's how it works. I'm going to talk about an already-existing card, series, or perhaps underrated archetype, talking about its good points and its weak points. Then, I'm going to talk about how it COULD be expanded, and after I do, I'll leave it up to the community to ACTUALLY expand upon the original topic (some posting restrictions apply).

After some time has passed, I'll post an aftermath to that round of the game, containing an amalgam of all the best ideas I had seen during the round. To top it off, the person who I thought came up with the best idea overall gets to host the next round.

You might want to do that in forum fun if you want to proceed with it...

Wave 3 of card images...

In addition (because the fifth deity lacks a image)...

Fifth Insect Deity Grandias
    lv 5 Dark
    Insect/Synchro/Effect
    1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more Non-Tuner Monster
    (This card is always treated as all other Monster Types and Attributes.)
    At the start of the Damage Step, if this card in face-up attack position battles a opponents monster: return that monster to the owners hand and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level or Rank of that monster times 500.
    ATK/500 DEF/2500

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wicked Deity
    Dark/Fiend/Fusion/Effect
    0/0
    "The Wicked Dreadroot" + "The Wicked Avatar" + "The Wicked Eraser"
    Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing the above cards you control from play and paying half your life points. Remove this face-up card you control from play to send all cards on both players' fields and in their hands to the graveyard. Also, send a number of cards from the top of each player's deck equal to the number of cards of theirs sent to the graveyard by the above effect. Then, inflict 200 damage x the number of cards in both players' graveyards to the opponent.

Duel of Honor
    Continuous Trap
    Effect: Neither player can win the current duel by the effect of a card that has a victory condition effect.

Unabashed Panther Warrior
    Dark/Beast-Warrior/Effect
    1800/700
    Effect: Any Equip Cards equipped to this card have their effects negated. Once per turn, you can select 1 Equip card you control that is equipped to this monster and remove it from play. Until the end of the turn, this card gains that card's effect.

Pop Idol - The Bun Boys
    Earth/Beast-Warrior/Effect
    1400/1200
    Effect: This card can be flipped into face-down DEF position once per turn during your Main Phase. When this card is Summoned or flipped face up, increase your opponent's life points by this card's original ATK. When this card is flipped into face-down DEF position, increase your life points by double the original ATK of this card.

Pop Idol - Dragon Groupie
    Dark/Dragon/Union
    0/0
    Effect: Once per turn, you may treat this card as an Equip card and equip it to 1 face-up "Pop Idol" monster on the field OR unequip it and Special Summon it to the field in face-up ATK or DEF position. When this card is an Equip card, and the equipped monster is flipped face-down, this card is not destroyed, and remains equipped to that monster. As long as this card is an Equip card, and the equipped monster is flipped face-up, negate the effect of that card that activates at that time. Also, discard this card from your hand to select 1 "Curtain Call Stage" in your hand, graveyard, or deck, and activate it on the field. (Only 1 Union monster may be equipped onto a monster at a time. When the equipped monster would be destroyed, this card is destroyed instead.)

Pop Idol - Stray Cat Duet
    Fire/Beast-Warrior/Effect
    900/1700
    Effect: This card can be flipped into face-down DEF position once per turn during your Main Phase. When this card is Summoned or flipped face up, increase the ATK of all other monsters on your opponent's field by the ATK of this monster. When this card is flipped into face-down DEF position, increase the ATK of all other monsters on your field by double this card's ATK.

Pop Idol - MC Skat Panther
    Dark/Beast-Warrior/Effect
    500/2000
    Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned from the graveyard or removed from play. When 1 or more face-up "Pop Idol" monsters are targeted by an attack or card effect controlled by your opponent, you may pay 1000 life points to flip the targeted "Pop Idol" monster(s) into face-down DEF position. Then, by removing this card from play, you may return those monsters to your hand, and Special Summon the same number of monsters that were returned in face-down DEF position.

Pop Idol - Managedeer
    Light/Beast-Warrior/Effect
    2200/100
    Effect: If at least 2 or more "Pop Idol" monsters on your field are flipped into face-down DEF position this turn, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. This card is not affected by the effects of all "Pop Idol" monsters that activate when they are Summoned or flipped face-up. As long as this card remains face-up on your field, your opponent cannot target any other "Pop Idol" monsters or face-down monsters for an attack or card effect.

Pop Idol - Prima Donna Pony
    Light/Beast-Warrior/Effect
    3000/2100
    Effect: If there are at least 3 "Pop Idol" monsters face-up on your field, you may tribute 1 of them to Special Summon this card from your hand. This card cannot be flipped face-down, and it is unaffected by Monster effects that activate when Summoned or flipped face-up. Battle Damage done to the opponent as a result of battle with a "Pop Idol" monster (except for this card) is doubled. If this card is destroyed or removed from the field, destroy all other "Pop Idol" and all face-down DEF position monsters on your field, and until the end of your next turn, you cannot Summon or Set any monsters.

Curtain Call Stage
    Field Spell
    Effect: Increase the ATk and DEF of all "Pop Idol" monsters on the field by 500. If two or more "Pop Idol" monsters controlled by a player are flipped into face-down DEF position, that player may rearrange those monsters, then return them in face-down Defense Position.

Solo Performance
    Quickplay Spell
    Effect: Activate only when there is only one monster on your field, and that monster is a face-up "Pop Idol" monster. Your opponent cannot attack or activate card effects until the end of this turn.

Aspirations of Stardom
    Equip Spell
    Effect: Equip only to a non "Pop Idol" monster. During each Standby Phase, place 1 "Idol Counter" on this card. Increase the ATK and DEF of the equipped monster by 100 x the number of "Idol Counters" on this card. When this card has 5 "Idol Counters" on it, remove this card and the equipped monster from play to Special Summon 1 "Pop Idol" monster with the same level as the equipped monster from your hand or deck to the field.

Multi-Platinum
    Normal Trap
    Effect: Activate only when there are at least 3 face-up "Pop Idol" monsters on your field. Destroy all cards on your opponent's field and in their hand. Skip your next turn, afterwards.

Breech of Contract
    Normal Spell
    Effect: Activate only when you have at least 2 "Pop Idol" monsters face-up on your field, including "Pop Idol - Managedeer". Return all monsters on your field to your deck and shuffle. Then Special Summon as many non "Pop Idol" monsters from your hand that were returned to your decl.

World Tour
    Continuous Trap
    Effect: Select 1 "Pop Idol" monster on your field and remove it from play for a number of your turns equal to its level. Until then, this card cannot be destroyed or removed from the field, and you gain 500 life points each turn. Then, during the following Standby Phase, destroy this card and return the removed "Pop Idol" monster to the field in the same position it was previously (this is not considered a Summon).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part 2

Normon horse
    LV 6 Light Beast-type Effect monster
    Atk 1800
    Def 800
    This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. If you control a warrior-type "Normon" monster this card is also a warrior-type monster. If this card is normal summoned you can special summon a "Normon" monster from your hand.

Normon mage
    Atk 2100
    Def 1000
    LV 6 Light spellcaster-type effect monster
    This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. If this card is normal summoned, target one monster on the field; for the rest of the turn that monster is treated as spellcaster-Type.

Normon guard
    LV 6 Light Warrior-Type effect monster
    Atk 1000
    Def 2500
    This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. If this card is normal summoned, switch it to defense position. once per turn: you can target one monster your opponent controls; return it to the hand.

Normon Wizard
    Rank 6 Light Spellcaster-Type xyz monster
    2 LV 6 spellcaster-Type monsters
    Atk 2600
    Def 1400
    This card's special summon is treated as a normal summon. once per turn: you can detach two xyz materials from this card, look at your opponent's hand then send one card from their hand to the grave.

Normon shield
    counter trap
    if you control a "Normon" monster negate the effect of a spell/trap or a monster's effect, and send that card to the graveyard.
    Last edited by nitrogames; 18th October 2015 at 09:15 PM.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game Time

Hm... Sure, I'm game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game Time

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm up for it. May want to make a separate thread for it, as Thomas said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojin View Post
    Sounds pretty interesting. I'm up for it. May want to make a separate thread for it, as Thomas said.
    I hear you, but I figure we should at least try a round on the official custom card thread, just to see how things go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Another Thing! Round 1

The Topic:
    Spoiler Alert!

"Ancient Fairy Dragon", Luna's signature card.

"Ancient Fairy Dragon" makes a good support card in the game. With good DEF for its Level and and effects that can Special Summon monsters from your hand every turn and increase your LP by destroying Field Spells, it wouldn't be a bad decision in many cases to add it to your Extra Deck. And if you don't want "Ancient Fairy Dragon", there's always "Ancient Pixie Dragon", its Duel Dragon counterpart, which gives you draw power and monster destruction capabilities (while you have a Field Spell, that is).

However, the support role is all "Ancient Fairy Dragon" has had since its first appearance. It's never been the central monster of anyone's Deck besides Luna, as far as I know. This is through no fault of its own, because it really did get pushed aside very early on, and never got any real support (only 3 cards directly support "Ancient Fairy Dragon", but they've never been released outside of the show, and 1 of them banishes it from your Extra Deck).

How can we turn this card around? Well, here's a few ideas.
    ● The 2 "Ancient" Dragons make use of Field Spell Cards. So a good place to start is an archetype that weaponizes Field Spells. Luna has visited the Spirit World on numerous occasions, so perhaps that could be the location of the Field Spells.
    ● The 2 "Ancient" Dragons have high DEF, so the Deck could be a defensive stalling deck reliant on indirect damage to your opponent. On the other hand, the deck could be a defensive deck, but with cards that can reverse ATK and DEF for a turn. In any case, their DEF stat must be used somehow.
    ● Most of Luna's cards in the show were LIGHT Beast- or Fairy-Type monsters, so cards that support and protect those monsters would be welcome.
    ● "Ancient Fairy Dragon" is usually paired with "Power Tool Dragon", so a few Equip Spells that support the 2 "Ancient" Dragons and the "Power Tool" Dragons could be made.
    ● Give the Deck a non-Dragon Synchro Monster or two. Or, maybe something a bit more... "Majestic"?
    ● Finally, this card is a 5D's-era card, so no Xyz or Pendulum Monsters. Ritual Monsters could be used, but 5D's was not a very Ritual-friendly era.

Well, you have the topic now, but I did mention that there would be some posting restrictions.
    Spoiler Alert!
    1. All cards/effects must be written out. Following the official card grammar would be welcome, but is not required.
    2. There are no limits on the number of cards that can be posted at a time, but any post containing 9 or more cards must use the 'Spoiler' code. (["SPOILER"][/"SPOILER"] without quotes, if anyone doesn't know it.)
    3. No images. They take up too much space in a post.
    Last edited by TheycallmeBrick; 19th October 2015 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixReactor View Post
    Legends of the Gemstone Dragons
    Chapter III - We're.... not the Crystal Gems! ♪
    Gem Knights riding Gem Dragons WHEN?

- - - Updated - - -

Apes Will Rise!
    Part 1: But your so damn ugly.

These are just the monsters. They are meant to be taken as additions to the Archetype started with Ape Fighter, Ape Magician and Zeman the Ape King. I will get into the Spell/Trap support later.

Last edited by ScionStorm; 20th October 2015 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Topic:
    Spoiler Alert!

"Ancient Fairy Dragon", Luna's signature card.

"Ancient Fairy Dragon" makes a good support card in the game. With good DEF for its Level and and effects that can Special Summon monsters from your hand every turn and increase your LP by destroying Field Spells, it wouldn't be a bad decision in many cases to add it to your Extra Deck. And if you don't want "Ancient Fairy Dragon", there's always "Ancient Pixie Dragon", its Duel Dragon counterpart, which gives you draw power and monster destruction capabilities (while you have a Field Spell, that is).

However, the support role is all "Ancient Fairy Dragon" has had since its first appearance. It's never been the central monster of anyone's Deck besides Luna, as far as I know. This is through no fault of its own, because it really did get pushed aside very early on, and never got any real support (only 3 cards directly support "Ancient Fairy Dragon", but they've never been released outside of the show, and 1 of them banishes it from your Extra Deck).

How can we turn this card around? Well, here's a few ideas.
    ● The 2 "Ancient" Dragons make use of Field Spell Cards. So a good place to start is an archetype that weaponizes Field Spells. Luna has visited the Spirit World on numerous occasions, so perhaps that could be the location of the Field Spells.
    ● The 2 "Ancient" Dragons have high DEF, so the Deck could be a defensive stalling deck reliant on indirect damage to your opponent. On the other hand, the deck could be a defensive deck, but with cards that can reverse ATK and DEF for a turn. In any case, their DEF stat must be used somehow.
    ● Most of Luna's cards in the show were LIGHT Beast- or Fairy-Type monsters, so cards that support and protect those monsters would be welcome.
    ● "Ancient Fairy Dragon" is usually paired with "Power Tool Dragon", so a few Equip Spells that support the 2 "Ancient" Dragons and the "Power Tool" Dragons could be made.
    ● Give the Deck a non-Dragon Synchro Monster or two. Or, maybe something a bit more... "Majestic"?
    ● Finally, this card is a 5D's-era card, so no Xyz or Pendulum Monsters. Ritual Monsters could be used, but 5D's was not a very Ritual-friendly era.

Well, you have the topic now, but I did mention that there would be some posting restrictions.
    Spoiler Alert!
    1. All cards/effects must be written out. Following the official card grammar would be welcome, but is not required.
    2. There are no limits on the number of cards that can be posted at a time, but any post containing 9 or more cards must use the 'Spoiler' code. (["SPOILER"][/"SPOILER"] without quotes, if anyone doesn't know it.)
    3. No images. They take up too much space in a post.
    Well here's a shot

Regulus, Protector of the Spirit Forest
    妖森の守護者 レグルス
    LIGHT Level 4 Beast/Effect
    1700/1000
    Once per turn, if you gain LP: You can add 1 Field Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; return it to the hand, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK. You must control a face-up "Ancient Fairy Dragon" to activate and resolve this effect, and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

Shine, Unicorn of the Spirit Forest
    妖森の一角獣 シャイン
    LIGHT Level 4 Beast/Effect
    1800/1000
    If this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Spirit Forest" card from your Deck to your hand, and if it is a Monster Card, you can gain LP equal to its ATK, and if you do, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn. Your opponent's attacking monsters lose 500 ATK for each "Spirit Forest" card you control.

Sunny, Sprite of the Spirit Forest
    妖森の精霊 サニー
    LIGHT Level 3 Fairy/Tuner/Effect
    300/1100
    You can only use each effect of "Sunny, Sprite of the Spirit Forest" once per turn. If you gain LP while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. If you have no card in your Field Spell Zone: You can Tribute this card; add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

Ancient Sanctuary, the Spirit Forest
    妖森 − エンシェント・サンクチュアリー
    Field Spell
    You can only activate 1 "Ancient Sanctuary, the Spirit Forest" per turn. When this card is activated: Add 1 "Spirit Forest" card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Spirit Forest" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. At the end of your opponent's Main Phase 1: You can activate 1 "Ancient Forest" from your hand or Deck, and if you do, all monsters your opponent controls must attack this turn, if able.

Rage of the Spirit Forest
    妖森の怒り
    Quick-Play Spell
    You can only activate 1 "Rage of the Spirit Forest" per turn. If your LP is higher than your opponent's: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference, then, if you do not control a face-up Field Spell, you take damage equal to the damage your opponent took. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.

Blessing of the Spirit Forest
    妖森の恵み
    Continuous Spell
    Once per turn, at the End Phase of a turn no attacks were declared: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; gain LP equal to its ATK. Once per turn, during your opponent's Battle Phase, if your LP is higher than your opponent's: You can target 1 face-up monster you control; this turn, it gains ATK and DEF equal to the difference.

Trickery of the Spirit Forest
    妖森のいたずら
    Continuous Trap
    You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each face-up LIGHT monster you control. You can only use this effect of "Trickery of the Spirit Forest" once per turn, and you cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. Once during your opponent's turn, if you control a "Spirit Forest" monster: You can target 1 face-up LIGHT monster you control; all face-up monsters your opponent controls are changed to Attack Position, and cannot change their battle positions this turn. All monsters your opponent currently controls must attack that target this turn, if able, and cannot otherwise attack.