User Tag List

Page 3 of 283 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the thread is here, why not try my hand at it? Not guaranteeing the result though.

- Dominion over Light and Darkness
    Quick-Play Spell
    You can activate only one effect of "Dominion over Light and Darkness" per turn, and only once that turn, all the damage your opponent takes during the turn you activate one of this card's effects is halved.
    (1) Tribute 1 DARK Warrior-Type monster; Special Summon a LIGHT Warrior-Type monster from your deck with the same level as the tributed monster.
    (2) Tribute 1 LIGHT Warrior-Type monster; Special Summon a DARK Warrior-Type monster from your deck with the same level as the tributed monster.
    (3) Banish this card from your graveyard and target 1 LIGHT or DARK monster on your side of the field; This turn the targeted monster is immune to your opponent's card effect that do not target it.
    Last edited by Mystic TimeKeeper; 15th September 2015 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    I thought the Masked Knights were used by that 5Ds knight guy.
    Mad Gardna... While protection from targeting is awesome, he seems like you need to dedicate a bit too much deck space to bring him out fully. However, I like LV 1's summoning effect; that's a cool spin on things.
    Ah, yes, you're right. I haven't actually seen 5D's, so assumed Yugi used them at some point when I saw them on the Wiki.

Yeah, Mad Gardna LV1 is balanced out by the fact that it can't end the Battle Phase unless you also run LV3, but on the other hand, if you use its effect, you can summon LV5 within 1 turn.

Not a big fan of unorthodox archetypes, TBH, but Herobots are definitely thinking outside the box.

Here's some Fish support.

Ascending Mambo
    昇順マンボウ Shōjun Manbo
    ATK/2000 DEF/2500
    Fish - WATER - ✩✩✩✩✩
    ① During the turn this card was Normal or Special Summoned, you can treat Fish-Type monsters you control as Level 5 when Xyz Summoning using only Fish-Type monsters as Xyz Materials.

Dunkleosteus
    ダンクルオステウス Dankuruosuteusu
    ATK/2300 DEF/800
    Fish - WATER - ✩✩✩✩✩
    ① At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: That monster loses 500 ATK and DEF (even if this card leaves the field).
    ② If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Fish-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

Seeker Fish
    追求魚 Tsuikyūgyo Pursuit Fish
    ATK/500 DEF/500
    Fish - WATER - ✩
    You can only use the ① effect of "Seeker Fish" once per turn.
    ① If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can send 1 Fish-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand. You must control a Fish-Type monster to activate and to resolve this effect.

Rocketfish
    ロケットフィッシュ Rokettofisshu
    ATK/500 DEF/500
    Fish/Synchro - WATER - ✩✩
    1 Tuner + 1 Fish-Type monster
    You can only use the ① and ② effect of "Rocketfish" once per turn.
    ① You can send 1 Fish-Type monster from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster on the field; destroy it.
    ② You can banish 1 Fish-Type monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Pressurized Watercourse
    プレッシャ・シー Puressha Shī Pressure Sea
    Field Spell Card
    ① Both players can Normal Summon Fish-Type monsters for 1 less Tribute.
    ② Once per turn, if a Fish-Type monster(s) is sent to the Graveyard: You can draw 1 card.
    ③ If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Fish-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

Upstream Fishtival
    魚の上流集会 Sakana no Jōryū Shūkai An Upstream Gathering of Fish
    Normal Spell Card
    You can only activate 1 "Upstream Fishtival" per turn.
    ① Pay 1000 Life Points, then roll 1 six-sided die; excavate cards from the top of your Deck equal to the result + 1, Special Summon as many excavated Level 5 or higher Fish-Type monsters as possible, in Defense Position, also send the remaining cards to the Graveyard. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you activate this card, except Fish-Type monsters.

And some Penguin support! (some from the anime)

Penguin Swordsmaster
    ペンギン剣豪 Pengin Kengō
    ATK/900 DEF/800
    Aqua - WATER - ✩✩
    ① If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target up to 2 cards on the field (min. 1); shuffle them into the Deck.

Penguin Torpedo
    ペンギン魚雷 Pengin Gyorai
    ATK/550 DEF/300
    Aqua - WATER - ✩
    You can only use the ① effect of "Penguin Torpedo" once per turn.
    ① During either player's turn: You can Tribute this card; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK this card had on the field.

Penguin Sword
    ペンギン・ソード Pengin Sōdo
    Equip Spell Card
    ① Equip only to a "Penguin" monster. It gains 1200 ATK.
    ② If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Penguin" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    Well, the thread is here, why not try my hand at it? Not guaranteeing the result though.

- Dominion over Light and Darkness
    Quick-Play Spell
    You can activate only one effect of "Dominion over Light and Darkness" per turn, and only once that turn, all the damage your opponent takes during the turn you activate one of this card's effects is halved.
    (1) Tribute 1 DARK monster; Special Summon a LIGHT monster from your deck with the same level as the tributed monster.
    (2) Tribute 1 LIGHT monster; Special Summon a DARK monster from your deck with the same level as the tributed monster.
    (3) Banish this card from your graveyard and target 1 LIGHT or DARK monster on your side of the field; This turn the targeted monster is immune to your opponent's card effect that do not target it.
    I can see a lot of utility coming from that card, but the search pool is huge (any DARK/LIGHT monster, essentially). I could see that card being pretty broken.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTourGuide View Post
    Finally, I can show everyone the different sets we have here in the Underworld! <3

Structure Deck: Vengeance of the Black Chaos
    Don't like the fact that you turned "Dark Magic," "Black Magic," and "Black Chaos" into archetypes. Not really sure how Dark Magic would work, considering the Japanese names of cards like Sorcerer of Dark Magic (Majikku Haierofanto Obu Burakku), Breaker the Dark Magical Warrior (Kuro Madō), and Dark Magic Curtain (Kuromajutsu) (just 3 examples) have different words for "Dark Magic."
    Last edited by Tamaru; 15th September 2015 at 11:27 AM.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamaru View Post
    I can see a lot of utility coming from that card, but the search pool is huge (any DARK/LIGHT monster, essentially). I could see that card being pretty broken.
    I wanted that to support the new Gaia monsters, but give it as much utility as possible but it might be better to restrict it a little.

EDIT : Restricted to Warrior support to keep it generic but not too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic TimeKeeper View Post
    I wanted that to support the new Gaia monsters, but give it as much utility as possible but it might be better to restrict it a little.

EDIT : Restricted to Warrior support to keep it generic but not too much.
    Better. Seems like a potentially better version of Exchange of Night and Day.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big fan of unorthodox archetypes, TBH, but Herobots are definitely thinking outside the box.
    Sorry and thanks. I wanted to make an archetype that would slowly but surely accumulate advantage. Since the Herobot Part attaching is dependant on the face-up monsters your opponent controls, it's about resisting your opponent's plays. Having unstoppable set-up outside of Counter Traps also helps them overcome your opponent's plays. Also, my friend's a fan of Super Robots and I wanted to make something that appeals to him.

Also, I am DIGGING your Fish-type support. I'd love to make a Shark deck with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Also, I am DIGGING your Fish-type support. I'd love to make a Shark deck with it.
    Thank you. I've always had a soft spot for the Fish-Type since way back when they were one of the most under-supported Types in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Return of the Forbidden One
    Spell/Ritual
    This card can be used to Ritual Summon any DARK Spellcaster-Type Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or "Forbidden One" monsters from your deck, then Ritual Summon 1 DARK Spellcaster-Type Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level exactly equals the levels of the tributed monster(s). If a monster that was Ritual Summoned using this card destroys a monster by battle, you can add 1 "Forbidden One" card from your graveyard to your hand. You can banish this card from your graveyard, then target 1 Ritual monster in your graveyard; add that target to your hand.

Embodiment of the Forbidden One
    DARK/Spellcaster/Ritual/Level 7/2200/1800
    You can Ritual Summon this card with "Return of the Forbidden One".
    This card cannot be destroyed by battle or be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 "Forbidden One" card in your hand, then apply an appropriate effect depending on the card that was revealed.
    Effect Monster: Reveal your opponent's hand, the choose 1 card in their hand and shuffle it into the deck.
    Normal Monster: Target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it.
    Spell: Draw 2 cards, then return 1 card to the bottom of your deck.
    Trap: Return up to 2 banished cards to their owners' graveyards.

There will be more to follow. I wanted to give Exodia some support without making too many stupid FTKs. I'd like to see Exodia used as a non-solitaire deck some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't like the fact that you turned "Dark Magic," "Black Magic," and "Black Chaos" into archetypes. Not really sure how Dark Magic would work, considering the Japanese names of cards like Sorcerer of Dark Magic (Majikku Haierofanto Obu Burakku), Breaker the Dark Magical Warrior (Kuro Madō), and Dark Magic Curtain (Kuromajutsu) (just 3 examples) have different words for "Dark Magic."
    It is just for fun, I don't care if it's wrong.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the Interstice: the Ritual Dimension's Dragon!

So I had a few issues with this one:

1) How can I give it the same sort of generic effects Odd-Eyes, Dark Rebellion, and Clear Wing have?
    2) How can I make it so that decks would be willing to splash it and its Ritual Spell in?

As usual, being me, I took on these challenges and then some. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce...

Sapphire Comet Ritual Dragon
    FIRE
    Dragon-type/Ritual/Effect
    Level 7
    2500 / 2000
    'Must first be Ritual Summoned. Once per turn: you can reduce the ATK of 1 Level 5 or higher monster on the field to 0 until the End Phase, then target 1 card on the field; banish that target until your opponent's next End Phase.'

Relinquished Pyre
    Ritual Spell Card
    'This card can be used to Ritual Summon any FIRE Ritual Monster from your hand or Graveyard. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels exactly equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon.'