Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caineghest View Post
    Steam Force
    I hate to be so forward about these sorts of things but I don't really like your Steam Force cards. Their effects are extremely generic and I cannot get a trace of their personality at all. They feel the same way as tellarknights or Majespecters except they don't look frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, I'd made them a few years back before everything became more generic, it was before we had stuff like Dracosack and the D-Rulers. The basic idea is I wanted to capture a Sentai team kinda like what Igknights are, it worked from the time, but it's rather outdated now.
    The Undisputed King of Vendor Style

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JemGryphonkin View Post
    GRYPHONS
    This seems like kind of a glut of cards - I assume it was made over a while, adding cards as you went? I've done the same thing in the past, where I had like 40 different individual cards for a deck.

But there's gotta be a way to streamline these guys instead of making infinite gryphons for every situation.

Meanwhile, a random idea

Grand Gravity
    岩強の栄光(グランド・グラビティ)
    Field Spell
    (1): If a Rock-Type monster you control destroys a monster by battle: Your opponent sends cards equal to the number of face-up cards in both players' Extra Decks from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard.
    (2): While you control a Rock-Type monster, the effects of cards in the Graveyard cannot activate.

Registered User Mystic TimeKeeper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadborder View Post
    Meanwhile, a random idea

Grand Gravity
    岩強の栄光(グランド・グラビティ)
    Field Spell
    (1): If a Rock-Type monster you control destroys a monster by battle: Your opponent sends cards equal to the number of face-up cards in both players' Extra Decks from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard.
    (2): While you control a Rock-Type monster, the effects of cards in the Graveyard cannot activate.
    And random support incoming

- Stone Mining
    Continuous Spell
    (1): Once per turn: If one of more cards are sent from the top of your opponent's deck to the graveyard; you can add 1 Rock-Type monster from your deck or Graveyard to your hand whose level is equal or lower than the number of cards sent to your opponent's graveyard.
    (2): Once per turn: Target 1 card on the field; your opponent chooses up to 2 cards from his graveyard and returns them to the bottom of his deck, then destroy that target.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Interstice: Winged Beasts Rise!

Shimmer the Aurora Tracer
    LIGHT
    Winged-Beast-type/Synchro/Effect
    Level 8
    2800 / 2000
    1 Winged-Beast-type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
    'If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add 1 Winged-Beast-type monster from your deck to your hand. If a Winged-Beast-type monster is added to your hand: You can Special Summon it. This effect can only be used once while this Synchro Summoned card is face-up on the field. Once per turn, you can target 1 other Winged-Beast-type monster you control; it can attack your opponent directly this turn and it is unaffected by your opponent's Spell Cards.'

Turbulent Down
    Counter Trap
    'Activate one of the following effects:
    ● When a Winged-Beast-type monster is targeted by a card effect: negate that effect, and if you do, your opponent returns 1 monster they control to the owner's hand.
    ● When a Winged-Beast-type monster is targeted for an attack: negate that attack, and if you do, return the attacking monster to the owner's hand.
    During either player's turn, if you control a Winged-Beast-type monster: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Down Token" (Winged-Beast-type/Tuner/WIND/Level 4/ATK 300/DEF 1000).
    '

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadborder View Post
    This seems like kind of a glut of cards - I assume it was made over a while, adding cards as you went? I've done the same thing in the past, where I had like 40 different individual cards for a deck.

But there's gotta be a way to streamline these guys instead of making infinite gryphons for every situation.
    To a point there was, but I had a focused idea from the beginning, and i just gave them different effects to work in different situations.

The Main Deck Gryphons number exactly 6 (4 level 4, 1 5, 1 8) - one of each attribute. Two Tuners for different situations/aligned with the Synchros.

3 Synchros and 3 Xyz, each one having 1 attribute. Fusions that were ideal to use a particular synchro and xyz with, but able to be used with any of them, and RUMs. The only card that i came up with before the rest of them was the Number monster.

Then I made a few themed spells/traps, and boom; an entire deck created in vaccuum. Note - The cards "Phantom Gryphon" "Gryphon Wing" and "Gryphon's Feather Duster" are logically part of the archetype, though I wouldn't really use any except maybe 1x Phantom.

(To be honest, the hardest part was finding that many pictures on google images I liked!)

Registered User TheycallmeBrick's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Null Post]
    Last edited by TheycallmeBrick; 5th May 2016 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark Alleyway

Normal spell card

Special summon as many copies of "Soul Tiger" from your hand, deck or graveyard as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More of a joke card, but i think r4nk 4 haters will love this. Im basing this off of Mofiz (Not making fun of Mofiz, just using his name cuz he is the established broken r4nk 4 hater):

Mofiz
    Rank -4
    Dark/Poster/Xyz/effect
    0 atk 0 def

Cards cannot be chained to the summon of this card. Can only be special summoned by banishing 1 or more r4nk 4 xyz on ur opponents field. If your opponent plays a r4nk 4 spam deck, slap him in the face and win the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xeroplazm View Post
    Dark Alleyway

Normal spell card

Special summon as many copies of "Soul Tiger" from your hand, deck or graveyard as possible.
    Interesting, considering Soul Tiger was one of the cards I used in my Wanghu deck in the past to troll people with.