User Tag List

Page 76 of 283 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziz View Post
    Yes, as long as most of the monsters are of one ability, including Extra Deck monsters.
    Hmm. Maybe it's not the right idea to work with then. What I have in mind basically works as all of the effect monsters in the main deck are Gemini monsters with some of them having Ritual "evolutions". And a smaller group of them have Fusions with a couple of pre-existing cards. There are no other abilities in the deck though. Only Gemini.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could use this to try and make toons more cohesive! as opposed to being thmatically erratic, definined only by being counterparts to seemingly random monsters. Maybe more animal-themed ones?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I could use this to try and make toons more cohesive! as opposed to being thmatically erratic, definined only by being counterparts to seemingly random monsters. Maybe more animal-themed ones?
    To be fair, you could still keep the old theme for new ones but still make them more cohesive at the same time; while they might have executed it poorly in practice, the Zefra archetype was a rather eye-opening exercise in that sort of design -- an eclectic assortment of monsters with various effects that mesh together well (or so I say, but admittedly the Zefras kinda fell a bit short of the mark on the 'mesh together well' part, though in looking at them you can easily see the sorts of things they expected players to get out of the archetype).

Great, now I'm a bit tempted towards that myself. Though there's that thing with Unions I'm wanting to try . . . hmm.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, as long as most of the monsters are of one ability, including Extra Deck monsters.
    Also including any pre-existing cards that are directly related or supported. For example, if you make a theme supporting "Dogu", you have to count "Dogu", but if you want to make a DARK Fish-Type theme that supports all DARK Fish-Type monsters, you don't have to count "Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua" or "Shark Fortress".

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off-topic but I can't contact Entermagi somehow so I'll have to hope he reads this:

Entermagi, your PMs are full. People have been trying to contact you but to no avail. Delete some stuff from your inbox and sent items to make some room and keep your numbers under 50.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hope in the Interstice, you have to put an "@" before their username.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    @Hope in the Interstice, you have to put an "@" before their username.
    Right, forgot. @Entermagi, get in here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did and it's flooding haha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Interstice: Unions for Ziz!

I'm assuming all of you have had enough time to read through Hope's United Wishes set, so here is the next CaC contest.

Choose an ability and make a theme in which most, if not all, of the monsters have that ability.
    Alright, I'll give it a try with some Union support dudes! My theme: UnIons!

UnIon Healium
    DARK
    Thunder-type/Effect
    Level 1
    800 / 200
    'You can discard this card from your hand; add 1 Union monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand, then you can add 1 monster that is listed in the added Union monster's text from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Then you lose 1100 LP. You can only activate this effect of "UnIon Healium" once per turn.'

UnIon Carbond
    DARK
    Thunder-type/Effect
    Level 2
    400 / 600
    'You can discard this card, then target 1 monster you control; apply one of the following effects:
    ● If the targeted monster is a Union monster, you can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Deck that would be an appropriate target for that Union monster's effect, then you can equip the targeted monster to that Special Summoned monster.
    ● Equip 1 Union monster from your hand or Deck to that target.
    You can only activate this effect of "UnIon Carbond" once per turn.
    '

UnIon Soulfur
    DARK
    Thunder-type/Effect
    Level 3
    600 / 1600
    'During either player's turn: You can discard this card from your hand, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy that target. Then you lose 1000 LP. You must control a Union monster to activate and resolve this effect. You can only activate this effect of "UnIon Soulfur" once per turn.'

UnIon Tightanium
    DARK
    Thunder-type/Effect
    Level 4
    1400 / 2200
    'During either player's turn: You can discard this card from your hand, then target 1 Union monster you control; twice this turn, it and the monster it is equipped to cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Then you lose 700 LP.'

UnIon Reaction Coil
    Continuous Spell
    'All Union monsters you control and monsters you control equipped with Union monsters gain 400 ATK. Each time you lose LP from the effect of an "UnIon" monster; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the LP you lost. You can banish 2 "UnIon" monsters from your hand or Graveyard, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "UnIon Reaction Coil" once per turn.'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to try and re-imagine the Red-Eyes support.

Red-Eyes Flare Dragon
    LV 4 DARK Dragon Gemini 1700 ATK
    Gemini text
    This card's Level becomes 7 while face-up on the field.
    If this card attacks or is attacked; at the end of the damage step; inflict 700 points of damage to the opponent.
    Once per turn: You can Discard 1 card; add 1 Normal or Gemini monster from your deck to your hand.

Red-Eyes Lightning Lord Archfiend
    LV 4 Fiend Gemini 1800 ATK
    Gemini text
    This card's level becomes 6 while it is face-up on the field.
    Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects:
    Destroy 1 monster whose defense is less than this card's ATK.
    Special Summon 1 Gemini or Normal monster from your hand.

Black Metal Dragon
    Same stats
    Once per turn, you can equip this card from your hand or side of the field to 1 Red-Eyes or Gemini monster you control. A Red-Eyes monster equipped with this card gains 700 ATK and a Gemini Monster gains it's Gemini effect. If this card is sent from the field to the graveyard; add 1 Red-Eyes card from your deck to your hand.

Cards of Red Jewel
    Normal Spell
    Discard 1 Red-Eyes or Gemini monster and draw 2 card's. If you draw a Normal or Gemini monster: reveal it and draw one more card. You can only activate 1 Cards of Red Jewel per turn.

Red-Eyes Fusion
    Same Effect + can banish from the graveyard for a miracle fusion effect.

Black Skull Dragon Archfiend
    Same stats
    1 Red-Eyes Normal Monster +1 Archfiend Normal monster
    Same effect + can return archfiend monsters too.

Return of Red-Eyes
    Continuous Trap
    You can activate only 1 effect of Return of Red-Eyes per turn.
    Special Summon 1 Red-Eyes Normal or Gemini monster that is banished or in your graveyard.
    Add 1 Level 1 DARK Dragon-Type monster from your deck to your hand.
    Once, when an effect resolves that targets a Red-Eyes monster you control, can negate that effect.

Dark Flare Metal Dragon
    Same effect and stats

Black Stone of Legend
    Same Effect and stats

And now for something "new" in place of tracer dragon

Red-Eyes Flame Swordsman
    DARK Warrior Gemini 1800 ATK
    Gemini Text
    This card's Level becomes 7 while you control a Dragon-Tyoe monster.
    Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects:
    Special Summon 1 Normal Warrior, Fiend, or Dragon-type monster from your graveyard in defense position.
    Add 1 Equip Spell from your deck or graveyard to your hand.
    Last edited by Joenen; 27th December 2015 at 05:54 PM.