Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Altergeist Euryaleen
    DARK
    200 / 2500
    [Spellcaster / Effect]
    If you activate the effect of an "Altergeist" card (except during the damage step), you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster on the field; change that target to face-down defense position. If this card is sent from the field to the graveyard: You can target 1 "Altergeist" monster in your graveyard, except "Altergeist Euryaleen"; add that target to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Altergeist Euryaleen once per turn.

Altergeist Parvanoct
    FIRE
    1000 / 1300
    [Spellcaster / Effect]
    If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Altergeist" monster from your deck to your hand, except "Altergeist Parvanoct". Once per turn you can discard 1 "Altergeist" card; activate 1 "Altergeist" trap card from your deck. You can only use each effect of "Altergeist Parvanoct" once per turn.

Altergeist Possession

Normal Trap
    Target 1 "Altergeist" monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; Switch control of those targets. You can banish this card from your graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Altergeist" monster from your hand.

Altergeist Descending

Continuous Trap
    You can only control 1 "Altergeist Descending". Other "Altergeist" cards you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects once per turn. Once per turn you can Special Summon 1 "Altergeist" Monster from your hand. You can banish this card from your graveyard; Target 1 "Altergeist" monster in your graveyard, add that target to your hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Duel Terminal receive some other cards. This time, it's Laval!
    I've playtested them too some time ago. My favourite card is Laval Volcano Handmaiden, which is +3 free GY dumps. With a single Molten Conduction field, we can start the duel with 5 Lavals in the Graveyard. It's unfortunate that many Laval cards make Handmaiden miss her timing.

Two of their Synchros (Greater and Stennon) were ahead of their time with their near immunity to effect destruction and targeting, and Lavalval Dragon is a Brionac! Lavals deserve support, indeed!

King of the Molten Rivers
    +1 for not having "Laval" in the name, faithful to Laval's very own design.
    On the other hand, I would be less generic on the Link Materials and demand Lavals instead of FIRE.

Laval Prince
    An "Emergency Teleport" without level limit, which can be used as a Battle Phase hand trap, which is a free Laval dump in the GY, which is also free revival, which is also a Tuner that banishes itself to be summoned back by Laval Cannon, which is then yet another free revival in another turn... and a lot more combos. Wow... Two short, simple and original effects with huge impact. This is for Lavals what Neptabyss is for Atlanteans & Mermails. Damn it, I wanted this to be a real card.

Molten Ashes
    Good take on the "search on activation", with reverse toolboxing (from GY instead of deck). The third effect is a good alternative when you don't start with Conduction Field but can summon a level 6 or 7 Laval Synchro.

However, an importante note: the third effect mentions "discard" but the Laval Synchros don't actually discard. Here is how I would rewrite it:

"Up to twice per turn, if you would send exactly 1 card from your hand to the GY for the effect of a "Laval" monster, you can send 1 FIRE monster from your Deck to your GY instead."

Enkindle
    With Conduction Field and Enkindle first turn, you are ready to summon 5 from the deck during your opponent's turn (in the End Phase, if possible). Then, in your second turn, you can do anything you want with those 5 monsters, likely a OTK. But, it's slow and requires a reasonable portion of the main deck to be dedicated to Lavals. So it's very powerful yet fair.

Now... Lore time, shall we?
    We do not know what happened to Lavals after Gishki used them as fuel for their rituals (-> Lavalval Chain). I imagine that, just like the Flamvells, New Flames born (Enkindle) from the ashes (Molten Ashes) of their former members. They're still a warmonger tribe, and their newly crowned King (King of the Molten Rivers) has sworn vengeance to Gishkis.
    Good work on the lore!
    I'm only not sure about the King's and prince's background. Am I missing a reference? Is it Lord Judgement's heir?

-----

Finally, they could have a Field Spell based on the "Searing Land" (紅蓮地帯/gurenchitai) pictured in Soaring Eagle Above the Searing Land.

Maybe your Link monster should be King of the Searing Land instead of Molten Rivers? Although you choice was not wrong, because Molten (炎熱/En'netsu) is also a recurrent element, and if there is a blazing lake there may as well be rivers of lava.
    Last edited by Link-0; 1 Day Ago at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    This reminds me there is another (anime-only) card which is based on Jinzo's signature move. Did you consider creating a modern realistic version of it?
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Psychic_Wave
    Never seen that card before! Lol
    I don't think it fits Jinzo's strategy enough, tho. Dealing burn damage is... well, odd in this deck. If I was to retrain it, I'd do something along this:
    "Each time a Jinzo monster you control negate an opponent's card or effect, put 1 Jinzo Counter on this card. You can send this card to the GY; Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Jinzo Counter on this card x 400, then you can Summon (from your hand) 1 "Jinzo" monster whose ATK is equal or lower to the amount of damage your opponent took by this effect, ignoring its summoning conditions."
    This way, you can burn your opponent and also summon a Jinzo. I dunno if it's worth running in a Jinzo deck, tho.
    Yeah, the burn is but an excuse. The point of the card was sending Jinzo to the GY to be summoned by Returner.
    Here is my take on it:

Psychic Wave
    Quick-play Spell
    If you control an Attack position "Jinzo" monster(s): send 1 "Jinzo" monster from your hand or deck to the GY with a higher level than "Jinzo" monsters you control; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of 1 Attack position "Jinzo" monster you control.

So, this is a generalization of the anime card's effect, allowing it to take 2 roles:

1) Early duel enabler, sending 1 Jinzo to the GY to revive it later with a Jinzo - Returner. (I should probably add the usual "banish this card from the GY to so something useful" kind of 2nd effect to make this card more useful in this scenario.)
    2) As a finisher, send 1 Jinzo - Lord to the GY if you control a Jinzo and you opponent has less than 2400 LP.

While Jinzos are not famous for their burn side, actually they have 2 direct attackers (Jinzo - Returner and Jinzo #7), and Jinzo - Lord inflicts effect damage with its last effect.
    Last edited by Link-0; 1 Day Ago at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody up for some Blade Counter tactics?

Blade Whittler
    EARTH ***
    [Warrior/Effect]

When this card is summoned: Place 3 Blade Counters on this card. You can discard a card and place a Blade Counter on this card. When this card battles: You can remove Blade Counters from this card; the opponent's monster loses 400 ATK/DEF for each Blade Counter removed before damage calculation.
    ATK/1600 DEF/1200
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 1 Day Ago at 10:22 AM.