User Tag List

Page 252 of 263 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2626

Thread: Official Create-a-Card Thread

  1. #2511
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,605
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I assume that the Venom Pendulum effects are opt right?
    First 2 Pendulum effects activate only when it is placed in the Pendulum Zone. Might have to check my wording. Third effect is continuous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    ScionStorm Your cards are mostly good, maybe some of them are a bit underpowered and some others have too many effects. Also, you have made some mistakes in the effect texts, not that they are too important, but I would like to note you only one of them, and it's that "Special Set" doesn't exist, it's worded "Special Summon in face-down Defense Position".
    What do you see as underpowered? Also, I know what the official wording is. I was originally just trying to save bloated text space. I think Special Set should be an official term. Konami officially confirmed monsters cannot be set in Attack-Position with the rulings over Link monsters, so it is completely unnecessary to specify a single action in so many excessive words. I forgot to make a note of that when I posted everything.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 2nd August 2017 at 12:22 AM.

  2. #2512
    Registered User Starlight Magician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I think Special Set should be an official term. Konami officially confirmed monsters cannot be set in Attack-Position with the rulings over Link monsters, so it is completely unnecessary to specify a single action in so many excessive words. I forgot to make a note of that when I posted everything.
    I believe that is because a set is not considered a summon, but special summoning in face-down defense position is considered a summon.

  3. #2513
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,605
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight Magician View Post
    I believe that is because a set is not considered a summon, but special summoning in face-down defense position is considered a summon.
    Sounds like a job for a rulebook ruling. I mean, I can always change it. In this era where Graveyard has been shortened to GY, it just doesnt seem practical to have all that extra text on every card.

    What did you think of the approach to Venom?
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 2nd August 2017 at 06:09 AM.

  4. #2514
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Slime Romancer
    It should say it copies name and type, otherwise it can't become a Reptile for Slime Drake Emperor. That said, you could get the same result with "Discard this card; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion monster that lists a "Slime" as material, by sending a "Slime" monster you control and a non-"Slime" monster from your deck to the GY as materials."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Slime King
    Monster's can't "ignore" effects, it would take a bit more effort to workaround it. Here is my try: "If "Slime Breeding Machine" is active on your side of the field, you can Summon or activate cards/effects that would Summon a "Slime" monster(s) and no other monster, ignoring the effect of "Slime Breeding Machine"."

    But even ignoring it's restritions, Jam Breeding Machine still sucks. Not worth playing even with this support. I think it would take either an errata, a retrained version, or broken support, to make the Breeding Machine a core card of the strategy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Umbra/Lumis
    The effects of the unions are long but underwhelming. But I like that they are retrains which are treated as the name of the original. I'd try something simpler and more effective.

    "Mask" is troublesome because of required name erratas for Grand Tiki Elder and more. You are including even adding "non-Quick-play" because of the Masked HERO spells, but in Japanese those are writen differently. I suggest you use "Mask of" [の仮面 "no Kamen"] for the Spells/Traps family, which is simple and safe. For monsters, I would support only the "Masked Beast" family [仮面魔獣 "Kamen Majū"] which are the bosses. Yes, this would exclude Grand Tiki Elder, but it's fine, one less errata to make; instead, allow Masked Beast of Purgatory to banish any Fiend for it's effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Para/Dox
    Good concept. These Labyrinth mechanics are an ingenious way to embody that anime duel. Overall the cards have too many effects, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Helios Supergiant
    This one's clever! A bit too scientific for Amnael, though; his theme is a sort of alchemic cosmic mysticism.
    Overall, your Helios cards are effective and interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Sartorius
    Oh,
    no, Sartorius/Arcana Force need a larger set of complete support. 4 cards is not enough to complete and fix the theme. Your Arcana Force are faithfull to the concept, but Sartorius's deck needs more solid support to be playable.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Thelonius
    Professor Cobra playing pendulums is weird. But let's pretend there was a version of his cracter in Arc-V working under Leo Akaba for the Academia (would actually have been nice to see).

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Venomwith "Venom" in its card text
    Is this supposed to include cards that mention "Venom Counter" or only those who support "Vemon" cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Venom DC
    DRAIN THE SAMP
    Last edited by Link-0; 3rd August 2017 at 07:49 PM.

  5. #2515
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,605
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    It should say it copies name and type, otherwise it can't become a Reptile for Slime Drake Emperor. That said, you could get the same result with "Discard this card; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion monster that lists a "Slime" as material, by sending a "Slime" monster you control and a non-"Slime" monster from your deck to the GY as materials."
    I suppose it could be more specific. "Treat this card as that monster" was supposed to encompass everything-more than just name and type, stats as well. On a conceptual level it was Romancer becoming the monster. But that gets more complicated than I really need so, simply copying name and type seem easiest for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Monster's can't "ignore" effects, it would take a bit more effort to workaround it. Here is my try: "If "Slime Breeding Machine" is active on your side of the field, you can Summon or activate cards/effects that would Summon a "Slime" monster(s) and no other monster, ignoring the effect of "Slime Breeding Machine"."
    Very long winded. I'm not into creating long winded sentences in card effects. The idea to term "Ignore effects of" comes from cards that Summon by "ignoring Summoning Conditions". I'll think about this, but a try off the top of my head would be: "Slime" Aqua monsters can be summoned while "Slime Breeding Machine" is face-up on the field.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    But even ignoring it's restritions, Jam Breeding Machine still sucks. Not worth playing even with this support. I think it would take either an errata, a retrained version, or broken support, to make the Breeding Machine a core card of the strategy.
    I only get 4 cards, and this is what I chose to do with them. Slime Replenisher is meant to work both with Revival Slime and the constant summoning of Slime Tokens. Slime King in turn gives Slime Tokens an easy way of clearing themselves from the field to make room so that Breeding Machines can continue to churn out tokens on the Standby Phase.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    The effects of the unions are long but underwhelming. But I like that they are retrains which are treated as the name of the original. I'd try something simpler and more effective.

    "Mask" is troublesome because of required name erratas for Grand Tiki Elder and more. You are including even adding "non-Quick-play" because of the Masked HERO spells, but in Japanese those are writen differently. I suggest you use "Mask of" [の仮面 "no Kamen"] for the Spells/Traps family, which is simple and safe. For monsters, I would support only the "Masked Beast" family [仮面魔獣 "Kamen Majū"] which are the bosses. Yes, this would exclude Grand Tiki Elder, but it's fine, one less errata to make; instead, allow Masked Beast of Purgatory to banish any Fiend for it's effect.
    Melchid gets searching and endurance, sacrificing a single mask to remain beyond the point of destruction. Majoran has search and something to mess with monster zones in the Link era. Both cards add +4 levels to the equipped monster, designed for the levels to Ritual Summon either Mask ritual monster even at a time when they are equipped. Being equipped with Melchid grants the ability to Battle without interference and like all unions, can sacrifice itself in battle to prevent the equipped monster from being destroyed. Majoran's effect is pretty simple, yeah.j I guess I try to think about how they interplay while trying not to be to overpowering.

    It wouldn't matter one way or the other. Grant Tiki Elder is the only card that is part of the Mask fiends needing a name change. We just got Frog the Jam turned into Slime Toad, so I don't see much problem with that. Majoran also searches "Mask" Fiend monsters and I don't want it generically searching all Fiends. I feel like that is a can of worms I'm not willing to work with. Going generic in the middle of an archetype is something I personally stay clear from if I can help it. "Mask of" would exclude "Curse of the Masked Beast". Is it shorter to say "Curse of the Masked Beast" and "Mask", or "Mask" non-Quick-Play? I guess it is an option.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Good concept. These Labyrinth mechanics are an ingenious way to embody that anime duel. Overall the cards have too many effects, though.
    Eh, it's all in how the interplay to me. Turning Labyrinth Walls into Continuous Spells to further enhance the Labyrinth theme was always going to be a part of it. And there was no time in which I wasn't determined to make Magical Labyrinth and Wall Shadow worth their concept. I was originally considering creating a Link monster called "Labyrinth Gate" as well but I only get 4 cards and I'm still not sure what I would have had it do.
    You can see what an expanded version of my Labyrinth series looks like before my modifications for the Link era(where field position now matters) as I did 15 a while ago based on the David Bowie movie. The expanded version is the reason Worm can be treated as a Rock monster in the hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    This one's clever! A bit too scientific for Amnael, though; his theme is a sort of alchemic cosmic mysticism.
    Overall, your Helios cards are effective and interesting.
    Thanks. I know, Supergiant is a bit of a black sheep for Amnael. But whatever. I liked the concept too much to not do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Oh,
    no, Sartorius/Arcana Force need a larger set of complete support. 4 cards is not enough to complete and fix the theme. Your Arcana Force are faithfull to the concept, but Sartorius's deck needs more solid support to be playable.
    I am well aware, and I was also researching several of his cards not out yet that would do really well to help, including the 3 Arcana Force monsters he has that haven't come out yet. Each card that I made was specifically designed with interplay in mind, leaning towards field control. Less of feeling that fate is a coin toss of either good or bad and more of taking fate and working with it.

    These cards are a concept start to take Arcana Force in a direction. Heirophant was a key part of this. Heads provides a path in which Arcana Force monsters cannot blow each other or even themselves up by negative effects like Hanged Man's. It also works with The Moon's negative effect of giving monsters to the opponent. Giving an Arcana Force monster that won't be able to destroy another AF in battle. Or Chariot's negative effect. Or The Strength's Tails effect. Or The Fiend/Devil's destructive effects. Whereas, Heirophant's tails effect opens up a path for the control switching Arcana Force monsters to throw all those monster back to the respective decks. I can't account for working with all of the current Arcana Force effects as I only have 4 cards to work with, but like I said, this was meant to point the deck in a certain direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Professor Cobra playing pendulums is weird. But let's pretend there was a version of his cracter in Arc-V working under Leo Akaba for the Academia (would actually have been nice to see).
    Well, I guess you can pretend that... I mean, I don't really think about that. Not after Crystal Beasts got 2 Pendulum monsters- both of which were designed to resemble Jesse/Johan himself. Also, Dark Magician, Red-Eyes, Cyber Dragon and Harpie all have Xyz monsters, Blue-Eyes has Synchros. Doesn't really require head canon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    Is this supposed to include cards that mention "Venom Counter" or only those who support "Vemon" cards?
    Yes, it is supposed to include Venom Counter. Intentionally. Really, it's for the sake of Venom Burn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link-0 View Post
    DRAIN THE SAMP
    Yes. The more Scandal Counters on them the closer they get to being kicked out. But you can shift that scandal to paralyze the hill from getting any effect resolved. Except that only lasts for so long. You can even use a couple of scandals to line up a few more snakes in your hand waiting to be part of this administration field.

  6. #2516
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I'll think about this, but a try off the top of my head would be: "Slime" Aqua monsters can be summoned while "Slime Breeding Machine" is face-up on the field.
    Yeah, I guess that works too, keeps it logical yet simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Majoran also searches "Mask" Fiend monsters and I don't want it generically searching all Fiends.
    Neither did I. I was suggesting changing ["Mask" Fiend monster] to ["Masked Beast" monster]. Except in the effect of MB of Purgatory, where it would be safe enough to go generic.

    There is a good reason to take advantage of "Masked Beast" as the theme name: two of them were shown in that duel and if Umbra e Lumia ever dueled again it would make sense that they would show one or two new Masked Beasts. The EN translation stupidly called the first one "The Masked Beast" but it is wrong, it's not the one and only true Masked Beast.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    "Mask of" would exclude "Curse of the Masked Beast". Is it shorter to say "Curse of the Masked Beast" and "Mask", or "Mask" non-Quick-Play? I guess it is an option.
    I was intentionally excluding the Curse, really, because it is not a Mask really. It's perfectly usual for a theme to have an odd spell which doesn't share the family name, yet supports it.


    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    You can see what an expanded version of my Labyrinth series looks like before my modifications for the Link era(where field position now matters) as I did 15 a while ago based on the David Bowie movie. The expanded version is the reason Worm can be treated as a Rock monster in the hand.
    Ah! It all makes sense now.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Well, I guess you can pretend that... I mean, I don't really think about that. Not after Crystal Beasts got 2 Pendulum monsters- both of which were designed to resemble Jesse/Johan himself. Also, Dark Magician, Red-Eyes, Cyber Dragon and Harpie all have Xyz monsters, Blue-Eyes has Synchros. Doesn't really require head canon.
    It really depends whether it's intended as theme support or character support. (And what a shame Pendulum Zones now take space away a Spell/Trap zone where to place crystalized Crystal Beasts. Now those two Pendulums hinder their own theme. Very sad.)

    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Yes. The more Scandal Counters on them the closer they get to being kicked out. But you can shift that scandal to paralyze the hill from getting any effect resolved. Except that only lasts for so long. You can even use a couple of scandals to line up a few more snakes in your hand waiting to be part of this administration field.
    And the card artwork is Professor Cobra sitting on his desk in the Oval Office.
    Last edited by Link-0; 4th August 2017 at 12:10 AM.

  7. #2517
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,605
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Professor Cobra's hands are much too big. :P

  8. #2518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naturia

    Like most monster tribes from the early generations of the Duel Terminal World, Naturia have a lot of monsters, little Spell/Trap support, and can't for a consistent deck for serious play. However, they have many hidden gems. By play-testing them against AI playing average decks, I found a lot of interesting interactions. Unfortunately, Naturia lack on ways to consistently setup those combos in a timely manner and without lots of waste.

    Rather than teaching Naturia new tricks, I'd love to see support for making good use of what they already have. So I designed the following card concepts with that mindset. Starting with the main engine card concept:

    Naturia Pollination
    {Artwork: Naturia insects doing their thing with the pollen from Naturia flowers.}
    Normal Spell
    Special Summon 2 "Naturia" monsters (1 from your hand and 1 from your deck) with different Types, and if you do, you cannot Special Summon for the rest of this turn, except "Naturia" monsters. If a "Naturia" monster is send from the field to your GY while this card is in your GY: Add this card from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Naturia Pollination" once per turn.

    Lore:
    With so many insects and plants, pollination must be one of the strengths of the Naturia tribe.

    Gameplay Design:
    This is powerful acceleration and swarming support with just enough conditions to avoid its abuse outside of a pure Naturia deck. You would need to dedicate enough main deck space to Naturias to consistently have 1 Naturia in your hand and another one of a different type in your deck.

    Example uses:
    Spoiler Alert!
    It has a lot of synergy with Naturia Sacred Tree. If you need two plants, but Pollination forces you to summon a plant and an insect, Sacred tree can replace that insect for the second plant.

    With both Pollination and Sacred Tree, you would easily run out of useful monsters in your deck to summon, but Naturia already have Naturia Marron to recycle monsters into the deck, even recycling copies of itself, so that you can summon it again and again, while getting free draws in the process.

    Even if you run out of Naturias in hand to activate this card, it's recyclable discard fooder, for Naturia Landoise, Exterio's Fang, etc.

    If you used it to summon the materials for a Naturia Synchro, you could get it back instantly when Synchro materials hit the GY. From there you could activate Pollination again (I didn't restrict its first effect to once-per-turn) or keep it in your hand if you summoned Naturia Landoise.

    Naturia Fruitfly is powerfull when you control multiple Naturias, including copies of Fruitfly. With Sacred Tree and the right setup, your little Naturias can beat your opponent's monsters in battle, or steal them to use their power and/or use them as synchro material. Fruitfly is a lot of fun, but requires swarming to get it started. Pollination would fill that gap.

    There are many more existing interactions that Pollitination would accelerate, but this would turn into a Naturia guide if I listed them all.


    Beast's Twig
    {Artwork: A twig that could have could have broken off from the tip of Naturia Beast's shoulder branch.}
    Quick-play Spell
    If you control a face-up "Naturia" monster: Send 1 Spell card from your deck to the GY; your opponent cannot activate Spell cards or effects this turn.

    Lore:
    This continues the series of Naturia support cards based on fragments from the bodies of Naturia's Extra Deck bosses (Barkion's Bark, Exterio's Fang, Landoise's Luminous Moss, Leodrake's Mane). Following that pattern, this card prevents the activation of Spells. Also, taking after Exterio's Fang, this card has got a loosely related cost.

    Gameplay design:
    The cost is disguised support for Naturia Pollination. When you are not lucky to draw Pollination, this card doubles as a Foolish Burial Goods. I didn't want the deck to rely too much on drawing Pollination to boot up it's engine, nor to add it to the hand too easily, so yarding seems like a balanced solution. It would also combo with the next card concept.

    Naturia Fusion
    {Artwork: Barkion covering Beast, in the process of becoming Exterio.}
    Normal Spell
    Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using "Naturia" monsters you control as materials. By banishing exactly 1 of the following Spells from your GY, you can also use 1 copy of the the respective Synchro monster in your Extra Deck as Fusion Material:
    "Beast's Twig" for "Naturia Beast",
    "Barkion's Bark" for "Naturia Barkion",
    "Landoise's Luminous Moss" for "Naturia Landoise",
    "Leodrake's Mane" for "Naturia Leodrake".

    Gameplay design:
    Using a monster directly from the Extra Deck as Fusion material would be cool. Although, lorewise, this is about using the fragments of the Synchros available in Spell form as "materials" for the Fusion. In yet another sense, this card allows to evolve Beast into Exterio without summoning Barkion, or vice-versa. I fear it would be too broken if it allowed to uses both materials from the extra deck, so I restricted it to 1 from the Extra Deck plus 1 from the field.

    Naturia Relics
    {Artwork: A collection of the fragments on a shrine in Naturia Forest.}
    Normal Spell
    If you control a face-up "Naturia" monster: Send 1 "Naturia" monster from your Extra Deck to the GY; add up to 1 copy of each of the following Spells from your deck or GY to your hand, if the respective monster is in your GY:
    "Naturia Beast" for "Beast's Twig",
    "Naturia Barkion" for "Barkion's Bark",
    "Naturia Landoise" for "Landoise's Luminous Moss",
    "Naturia Leodrake" for "Leodrake's Mane",
    "Naturia Exterio" for "Exterio's Fang".

    Gameplay design:
    Another path for Naturia Fusions, relying on Miracle Synchro Fusion to make use of the "Naturia" Synchro in the GY. On the other hand, it could search Beast's Twig, which in turn could mill Pollination. Enough reduncancy here.

  9. #2519
    Registered User SnorlaxMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternate version of the original Ra, focusing on its Tributing effects (Point-to-Point Transfer is left to the other version, and Sphere Mode/Phoenix Mode effects are left to those cards). The name comes from Reshef of Destruction. The name condition emphasizes "original name" (unlike existing name conditions) to make clear that it works with "Holactie".

    The Winged Dragon of Ra - Battle Mode
    DIVINE/Level 10
    [Divine-Beast/Effect]
    (This card's original name is always treated as "The Winged Dragon of Ra".)
    Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, other cards and effects cannot be activated. This card's ATK becomes the combined original ATK of the Tributed monsters. Once per turn: You can Tribute other monsters; this card gains ATK equal to the combined original ATK of the Tributed monsters. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the GY.
    ? ATK / ? DEF
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 9th August 2017 at 12:55 PM.

  10. #2520
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,605
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First in a series of Hawaiian god cards.

    Pō - Akua of the Endless Night
    Lv. 10
    [Fairy/Flip/Effect]

    Flip:Shuffle all Link monsters into the Extra Deck and flip all other face-up monsters into face-down Defense Position, then both players shuffle their hands into the Deck and draw 3 cards. This effect of "Pō - Akua of the Endless Night" can only be used once after being Tribute Set. When this card is drawn on your first Draw Phase, you can reveal this card during that turn's Standby Phase; both players shuffle all cards in their hands and on the field into the Deck and draw the same number of cards. This monster cannot be Normal or Special Summoned( only Tribute Set). While this monster's DEF is 0; it cannot be destroyed by Battle. When this face-up card you control is destroyed; add 1 "Akua" monster(except "Pō - Akua of the Endless Night") from your Deck to your hand.
    ATK/2400 DEF/0
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 10th August 2017 at 06:34 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •